Extra syns if you have a lot to loose

Almond2013

Good morning, wondered if anyone could help.

I was told on the syns hotline that if you have a lot to loose, you are allowed extra syns at the start of your weight loss journey. they couldn't advise me how many as they said it is something you have to discuss on a 1:1 basis with your consultant.

Can anyone give me an idea how many one may be allowed?

it has always been between 5-15 as far as I know so 15 would be the limit however I would be interested to hear what others think!

I have a very old plan from 2007 and in it it gives you a starter week with extra syns so that you get used to the plan. I think off the top of my head it's 5 extra syns, but honestly you might find you don't need the extra syns. You can stuff yourself with super free and free foods, and use your syns for naughty snacks so you shouldn't be hungry anyways. In the last 2 days I have totally forgotten to eat both my Hexa and Hexb even though I have it written down because I have been so full.

My old consultant gives people extra syns, I think it was if you ate up to approx 16 stone then as normal, then up to 20st was 20 syns and 20st + was 25 syns. Don't think anyone was bigger than that and these are approx based on us all gossiping lol however I know many of us were not losing like we were and were moaning. Personally I think its to keep you going longer but that's because I was criss about the crap advice I had from my consultant. I'm changing groups Monday and sticking to 15 syns :)

If you have a lot to lose your body needs far more to do its work, therefore you can get away with more syns. The plan is a one size fits all though. To be honest its your first few weeks on the plan that you are likely to be most motivated and not need the extra syns.

Try to stick to plan, it is flexible and there is a certain excitement and learning how it all works.

If you have a lot to lose your body needs far more to do its work, therefore you can get away with more syns. The plan is a one size fits all though. To be honest its your first few weeks on the plan that you are likely to be most motivated and not need the extra syns.

Try to stick to plan, it is flexible and there is a certain excitement and learning how it all works.

Now see I have never understood why that should come from syns - surely the extra calories you need should come from free foods

But anyway it is true that consultants can use their discretion and give people more syns but it is not widely or consistently applied. A friend who weighs the same as me but goes to a different group was told 20 syns while everyone in my group gets 5-15 irrespective of how much they have to lose

Now see I have never understood why that should come from syns - surely the extra calories you need should come from free foods

But anyway it is true that consultants can use their discretion and give people more syns but it is not widely or consistently applied. A friend who weighs the same as me but goes to a different group was told 20 syns while everyone in my group gets 5-15 irrespective of how much they have to lose

I suppose its all about how realistic someone can keep to the diet. Some people had got them selves into the habit of eating huge amounts of fast food, crisps and chocolate. It might be by being a touch more flexible it makes it more likely that they will keep to the plan. In all honesty, someone who has *lots* to lose could eat 45 syns a day and still lose several pounds a week.

Back