extremely depressed that my dress doesn't fit, I look so ugly

littlepetal06

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I suppose I'm just looking for some advice and support. I am getting married in 3 weeks. I bought my wedding dress in a store about 1 year ago. At that time I weighted 120 lbs (I am 5 ft 3). The dress was a UK size 10 and it was beautiful on me. Well, in the last year my weight has ballooned to 140 lbs and the dress will not even zip up on me. I went out and bought the same dress in a UK size 14. I look absolutely horrible in it. I have been dieting for the past 2 weeks now and I have not lost a single pound. Typically I will have a bowl of porridge made with water around 10 am, then fruit for lunch and something like half a tin of beans and 2 slices of wholemeal toast for dinner. I have drastically reduced my calorie intake but it seems there was no point. I am extremely depressed over this as even when I was lighter I was very self conscious and absolutely hated having my photo taken as I always look ugly in photos. Now I am really really dreading my wedding day. I don't know what to do. I want to enjoy my wedding day and not worry about what I look like but I really don't know how to do that. I fell so fat and ugly and it's all I can think about. Any words of advice or support would be great

thanks for listening x

im on the cambridge weight plan. i guess if u tried u cud loose quite a bit of weight before the wedding.
maybe look into it?

seems like what your eating is VERY low in calories. whenever i have restricted calorie intake and eaten too few, i dont loose weight, u may find u actually need to eat more!

Def give Cambridge Diet a go. It's bloody hard work, but you get amazing results super fast. The average weight lose is a stone a month, so if you put your mind to it, you could do that in 3 weeks?

Have you thought about finding a different dress that suits you and makes you feel beautiful as you are now?

A dress that looked gorgeous in a 10 might just be the wrong thing for you now. You must be putting the 14 version on and comparing it to how you looked in the 10, but perhaps if you wore something that looks good in its own right then perhaps you'd feel better and see that you can look lovely now too.

Back