Extra Easy Extrta Easy not working for anyone?

Kim26

Gold Member
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone has found that extra easy doesn't work for them? I am starting to think that might be the case for me.

I previously did SW a few years back and lost well doing green and red days (mainly green). I rejoined last year and have been doing Extra Easy (i had a break in December due to so many functions but tried my best to stick to it on my non-fuction days) I lost 9lbs before christmas (5 of that in my first week) but then the weight loss slowed and i was often staying the same or putting on even when i felt i didn't deserve it.

So with the 3.5lbs i put on at Christmas i started the first week back in January with an overall loss of 5.5lbs. I have been back for 3 weeks and i have only lost 0.5lbs even though i feel i have been good. I was so upset last night as i hid my scales at home to stop me peeking during the week and tried really hard, i did have one night out where i drank but stuck to vodka and diet mixers and we didn't eat! I still put on 0.5lbs.

I am starting to think that either i am doing something fundamentally wrong with EE or it just doesn't seem to work for me.

My average food consumption on EE would be:

B - typically use my HeA and HeB on breakfast as i eat at my desk at work:
  1. oats so simple with ss milk and sweetener and a piece of fruit if i need it.
  2. 2 x weetabix with chopped banana, SS milk and some sweetner.
10/11am Snack - Mullerlight yog (always the free ones) and a piece of fruit (if needed, often it is just a yogurt)

L - My standard work lunches are:

1. Jacket potato, baked beans and a salad that consumed 1/2 my plate (salad is normally lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, carrot, sweetcorn, peppers, red onion - that kind of thing). Followed by a mullerlight (could 2 mullerlights a day be causing a problem?)
  2. Cold pasta with cherry tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, sweetcorn, red onion mixed in.
  3. left over dinner from the night before.
Normally a few of my syns are used with lunch for extra light salad cream or ketchup that kind of thing.

D - my typical dinners tend to be:
  1. Chicken Breast, SW chips, veg or salad and baked beans/spaghetti/tinned tomatoes (normally for a bit of sauce)
  2. Spaghetti bolognese - extra lean mince, tinned toms/passata, onions, peppers, mushrooms and a small amount of gravy granuels to thicken (synned), served with pasta and a salad (normally about 1/2 the plate of salad).
  3. Casserole - E.L Beef or chicken, lots of casserole veg, tinned tomatoes, 2 stock cubes and again a small amount of synned gravy granuels to thicken. Served with potatoes or rice and normally something 'green' like broccoli.
  4. Omlette made with eggs, water and a splash of milk (the remainder of my milk allowance) - with lots of free veg and sometimes some chopped bacon (all fat removed).
I don't tend to have puddings, but if i do fancy something sweet afterwards i would have a cadburys light chocolate mousse (3syns), or some fruit chopped up topped with FF yogurt.

I drink water, NAS Squash and diet coke (quite a lot of diet coke - could this cause a problem?) as i don't drink tea or coffee.

I don't really use my syns on anything more than making my meals more tasty, and i always try to use at least 5 syns a day.

I can't see where i am going wrong but maybe others can help or perhaps it's just a case the EE does not work for me and i ought to go back to green and red days?

Any help would be much appreciated, i am so fed up and spent the whole evening:cry: last night and was so close to giving up, but i really need to lose weight as i am a bridesmaid in July and cannot be the weight i am!

Thanks in advance :)

Oh sweetheart.., please don't be upset.. ((hugs))

You're meals sound perfectly fine and it could be that EE isn't working for you and you just need to stick to the red or green days,

I could never do green days. I tried it for a day and felt so bloated and yucky so I always do EE.. But there are so many people that do jus the red or teen days. If it worked for you last time the stick to it. You now know that EE may not be working for you so don't have any regrets.. You have done it and won't ever wonder what it may be like to do EE...

Maybe try reducing the fizzy drinks to see if that helps. Try drinking as much water as you can instead of it.

But please do not be upset. Even if the scales aren't showing it your body is so grateful for you in changing your eating habits.. X

If red and green worked for you before, there's no reason they shouldn't again, even if the consultants tend to push extra easy these days. Well done you for sticking to it so long - it doesn't sound like your food's wrong, but I have heard cases of EE not working for some people.

Try red/green days for a few weeks, and see how it does. I tend to mix all 3 plans, but I see best results if I do red days (though I struggle with these, not much of a meat&veg meal person!) So go for it, we're all behind you :)

Thanks guys,
I think i'll switch back (although my meals are much the same on green but maybe less meat is the key...who knows!)

Thanks for the suggestions - i guess i stuck with it for so long because i kept thinking - "i will work" as everyone else in group was getting 2+ lbs losses each week. Each time i thought about switching i would have a small loss and think i'd got the hang of it but perhaps it's just not for me! I will definitely go back to red and green and see if there is a difference in a few weeks.

I will also switch out some diet coke for water......as boring as that is and see what effect that has!

I know i can be guilty of eating until i am stuffed - but i switched to a smaller dinner plate after christmas and probably have cut my meals by 1/4 - 1/3 and know now i am eating until satisfied rather than eating because it's in front of me...so really hoped that would help - but it doesn't seem to be the trick!

Perhaps all of the above will help get me on track! Thanks for the support i really appreciate it :)

Hannata, maybe i'll give that a try for my 'hungry' days! Because EE certainly doesn't feel like i am doing anything differently to what i was before - just cuts out the snacks i used to eat. So maybe variety is also the key! Thanks for your suggestions.

Yes, i will definitely have water and NAS. I need to cut out the diet coke as i am sure i have a bit of an addiction! so it wont do my body any harm :)

My heart goes out to you .. im having the exact same problems at the moment and am only down 1/2 pound in the last four weeks:(.. but i know it does work as previously it did.. Im changing all my food around this week, trying to get in more water and a bit more body magic, and also going to give up my beloved diet orange.. hope it works for you:).. good luck:)

All plans do not suit everyone. Mix & match and see what effect they have.

Cut down on fizzy drinks and NAS squashes. As someone else said sweetner might mess up with insulin level and also retain water in your body. After all those sweetners are chemical stuff and harmful to body. If you can stick to Black tea/coffee/green tea and water for a while and see what happens.

Also if you go drinking, do not drink on empty stomache as lack of food causes the sugar from alcholo be obsorbed by your body to compensate for lack of food.

Sorry I have rambled on but try different things and see how you get on.

Thanks guys, i guess i probably am stuck in a rut but thats the laziness coming out in not planning and relying on my fall back meal options. I will sit down and try and make some plans and try some new meal ideas.

Thanks for all your suggestions :)

Same is happening to me I have stuck to ee for 2 weeks with 4 -5 hours of gym work out per week and only lost 1.5 over 2 week period.
My mum who only does green as she is veggie but doesn't stick to plan has lost double and she does no exercise at all and drinks no water only tea or coffee
I don't get it and going to do green days to see if it makes a difference

This was me. Lost well with red and green before then ee was really pushed so I did it. I got stuck with half pound on/ off for months despite doing all C said. Everyone else seemed to be losing well on ee. Spent evenings after weigh in sobbing into my curly wurly! In desperation did a vlcd - lasted less than a week! Switched back to red and green and lost 3 pounds, 2.5... Def. reccomend trying other plans. It's a shame some consultants won't talk about red and green now even though still featured in mag.

Thanks guys - so far i've done mainly green, just EE on sunday so i could have a decent amount of chicken with my SW Friendly roast dinner! I really hope i have lost this week as i have been SO strict and really have stuck to it 100%! Tomorrow's weigh in will help!

Thanks to those who have replied - i am glad it is not just me. My consultant is lovely but very dismissive of people who mention reverting to green/red days, hence i haven't raised it in group.

Back