F f f freezing!!

emsuper

Evening all - quick question is anyone else utterly freezing on SW?!

I know the temperature to the extremities drops to keep the body core temp stable when running low on carbs but on SW this shouldn't be the case as it's a healthy balanced diet!!

I've been jittering for a couple of weeks now! Xx

This isnt something I have experienced. My boiler is broken as well lol. Get the thermals on xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I found last year that I was freezing. I had lot 3 stone in that year and don't think my body was used to not having all that extra insulation. This year I don't seem to bad maybe I am a bit more used to it!

Have you started SW lately? I've heard that lots of people are struggling with autumn temperatures because we had such a nice summer (it was in the paper so must be true!)

I got very tired in my first few weeks of SW - not sleepy, but like my muscles were weak. It was weird as I was eating a healthy diet and didn't feel I'd really cut my carbs THAT much. So in the end I figured it was just my body adjusting to having fewer calories from fat etc. Also I'm pescatarian and I hadn't realised that on days when I don't eat fish, I was basically doing green so needed more healthy extras - so are you eating enough of all those little things?

Finally, have you lost a lot of weight? Could even be that your body is adjusting to having less insulation this winter!

Hi Gwella, I'm due weigh in nr 4 tomorrow so I'm pretty much into the swing of things food wise, lost 10lbs during weeks 1->3, reasonably speedy I suppose but I'm not really sure what the expected losses are!

It seems to be in the evenings I'm jittery cold if I'm not moving about, don't feel overly tired.
Might just need to crank the heating up a notch or two and make my other half sweat a bit!

My trick if I am feeling chilly in the evening is not to put the heating up (or indeed put it on, I haven't needed to yet this autumn) is to put a fleece or blanket over my knees when I am sitting down. It may make me look like a granny out of a story book, but I don't care as it saves me money!!

I've been freezing too! Some nights I've not been able to sleep as I'm so cold. Last night I had our duvet on, along with another double duvet folded over on top of me, so three layers, jamas and 2 pairs of socks. Still cold!

I've always been a chilly soul, so always have a lovely soft fleecy blanket on the sofa - it's my favourite thing to do, snuggling up under it with a book/tv/minimins! :D

I have always had an electric blanket. Wonderful invention!! And very economical to run, and I never need any heating in my bedroom.

Just remember the golden rule for electric blankets - switch off blanket before getting into bed.

Oh I didn't know that, I thought they had a timer or something!! I'm sure it will have an idiot proof safety guide with it for morons like me hahah!

Some of them do have timers. Mine doesn't, but even if it did, I wouldn't get into bed without turning it off first. Been there, done that, woke up very hot indeed!!

My mates called me a old lady today when they found out I'd got one! I don't care, I need to be toasty and cosy!

Back