Fab at 40 ~ My Weight Loss Diary

DeliciousBoo

Is a woman on a mission.
Hello all :) x

Last edited:
I am now looking forward to dinner, a hot bubble bath and then watching Britain's Next Top Model before bed.

Boo x x

Last edited:
Wow! You are committed when you embrace GL before baby arrives. Well done to you!! GL is a perfect lifestyle choice for you as you can eat the right type of foods just have more of them whilst nursing baby.
Starting a diary now will help keep you on track too.
I am sure you are looking forward to your baby arriving. Take good care in the meantime.

Thank you. :) x x

I find that GI/GL living gives me so much more energy which is vital for me at the moment and after a few days you do find that you stop craving sugary foods. As you have said it is ideal for preggy ladies/nursing mums and is actively advocated by my midwife...so with some determination and focus I will hopefully be at goal or there abouts come my big 40.

It's good to know that the midwife endorses Gi/GL. If it's good enough for pregnant/nursing mums then it's got to be good for the rest of us!

I get weighed every Tuesday morning and this morning after hopping on the scales...I have lost 1lb. :) I am really pleased as it is a start in the right direction.

It's good to know that the midwife endorses Gi/GL. If it's good enough for pregnant/nursing mums then it's got to be good for the rest of us!

Apparently it helps prevent and/or control gestational diabetes which is such a good thing when your pregnant. I haven't got diabetes nor is it in my family but if I carried on eating the high sugar/refined carbs diet I was eating pre-pregnancy it was only a matter of time before I had it.

GI/GL has certainly kept my pregnancy weight gain down (with my first baby I gained 3 stone.) I haven't cut back on calories, eat about 6/7 times a day and always feel full, it seems to be such a doable life plan.
I have now stopped having my daily bag of crisps and odd dish of icecream (replacing them with nuts/seeds/fruit/small slices of cheese) and I have started to lose weight...which is great considering I am pregnant. I love GI/GL. :D

Right off to do my Asda online shopping order...have a great day all. x x x

Wow well done on avoiding the gain you had last time round. Yay for GL being such a good plan to help you manage that. Small changes, like swapping snacks, can make a great difference.
Online grocery shopping can be so handy. It's especially useful to you now that you are so far along.
Enjoy your day.

Diet & Exercise - Day 2

Brekky:
Philidelphia cream cheese on homemade brown toast, banana.
Lunch: Chicken breast with lots of salad. Fresh cherries & rasps.
Snack: 8 almonds, small glass of diet cola.
Dinner: Homemade lasagne with green beans and peas.
Snack: Two oat cakes, sugar free peanut butter, apple.

Exercise:
30 minute dog walk.

Day 2 has been uneventful...I have felt tired, lethargic and bad tempered...I shall put that down to pregnancy and the third day of rain in a row.

I feel a bit more with it today...no rain as of yet so I have managed to get two washes on the line and walk the dogs.
I am going out for a birthday meal tonight so I will look at having chicken/fish on the menu...soda water and lime for drinks and NO pudding. :eek: I am hoping I can resist the cheesecake.

Diet & Exercise - Day 3

Brekky:
Thin sliced gouda and cucumber on linseed toast.
Lunch: Chicken breast with lots of salad.
Plain bag of crisps, apple.
Snack: Two oat cakes with cream cheese.
Dinner: Chicken/Salmon with veggies??
Snack: Two satsumas, tin of tuna with splash of vinegar.

Exercise:
30 minute dog walk.
30 minute walk to the shops and back (trying to save on petrol and get fitter.)

Hope you got the wash out between the showers.

Thank you it did. Funnily enough it never rained here yesterday - it was just dull and overcast all day. So my washing dried...eventually.

I ate a piece of birthday cake yesterday after being good and having salmon, brown rice and stirfried veggies in a saffron sauce for dinner...so yesterday wasn't that good as I also had a bag of crisps earlier but I shall make up for it today.

x x

Diet & Exercise - Day 4

Brekky:
Two boiled eggs and Burgen toast.
Lunch: Chicken breast, baked potato with cream cheese, peas and broad beans.
Snack: One oat cake with peanut butter, apple and satsuma.
Dinner: Brown rice, mackeral, large salad.
Snack: tinned peaches with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds on top.

Exercise:
30 minute dog walk.
30 mins on gym ball (antenatal exercises only.)

That's really cool DeliciousBoo that you're doing GI while pregnant and haven't gained much weight. It's very inspirational to me, we're hoping to get pregnant next year, but I'm so worried about the weight gain.

The menus look yummy too. It's great to see what people are eating so someone new like me can figure out menus. Keep up the good work, and congrats on the weightloss!

Back