Fab loss in first week but still STARVING

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hi all. My counciller is on holiday and i know shes not back till next week. My scales are the same as hers so me and sis weighed last night. Shes lost 7lbs and i have lost 9lbs. Which is great but i am still ravenous! Like last night on the train home i had tears coming down my eyes cos i was so hungry and upset that i wouldnt even be able to curb the hunger when i got home as i knew my shake or soup coulndt put an edge to the food. Then this morning I woke up and my stomach was hurting through hunger again!
I am not in ketosis and i do believe this could be cos i have a cold and have been taking lemsip tablets? But the hunger is getting me down now.

Even when your in ketosis can you still be hungry?
x

So sorry you're feeling so awful :(

I think you might find it's the lemsip tablets that are doing it because of the citric acid in them. Pre-Cambridge, I always took soluble aspirin for headaches but can't anymore because it has citric acid in it. Perhaps knock the lemsips off and see how you feel then.

I am not in ketosis and i do believe this could be cos i have a cold and have been taking lemsip tablets? But the hunger is getting me down now.

I think this is most lightly the cause why the hunger is breaking through, as the citric acid could be taking you out of ketosis.

No harm to give your CDC a quick phone and see what she advices to do when you have a cold.

Love Mini xxx

Cant call her as shes in america. I'll stop the lemsip and see how i go. its just that i feel so ill without them as i think they help so much.

Are you hungry when your in ketosis? As i dunno how much more of this hunger i can take?

Ohhh, I really feel for you, but well done on the weight loss!

Please stop the Lemsips - take paracetemol and decongestants - I very much doubt the Lemsips will contain any more active ingredients than these two combined. Hopefully you should get into ketosis very soon as you can't have a lot in your glycogen stores.

I sometimes experience some brief hunger breakthroughs in ketosis, but thankfully not often. When I do I have one of the hot savoury drinks and that can often take the edge off.

Good luck - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Are you hungry when your in ketosis? As i dunno how much more of this hunger i can take?

No - never! occasionally get a little empty feeling, but never had a rumbling, empty tummy at all.
Is it to stop a runny nose that you're taking the lemsips ?

Are you hungry when your in ketosis?

No you should not feel hungry when in ketosis.

Having said that you still have psychological hunger/comfort hunger. Normally if you drink some water it goes away.:)

Drinking water throughout the day is key. Also in the first week it can help greatly by splitting your packs into two and having six mini shakes as it balances the blood sugar.

Love Mini xxx

I have to say I don't get hungry in Ketosis. I occassionally get psychologically hungry (when I really need willpower to stop me eating even healthy foods!!:eek:), or I have wind which makes me think my tummy is rumbling :)o). But I can honestly say it's never a true hunger.:)

No - never! occasionally get a little empty feeling, but never had a rumbling, empty tummy at all.
Is it to stop a runny nose that you're taking the lemsips ?

Its a bit of everything really runny nose, headache, achy bones feeling, tired. I can literally feel it when the lemsip wears off. Been on them since sat (when started CD) so really should stop them. Think i should have stayed at home to be honest as had some random 4 hour sickness thing on Monday too. But cant stay at home as no one knows my job here!
x

Lemsip is just paracetamol and decongestant and possibly some caffeine, with some other fillers (possibly even sugar). Just take cheap bog standard paracetamol capsules and get some decongestant to inhale and it'll be just as good as the lemsip I promise you. And it won't knock you out of ketosis.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Congratulations on the 9lb - that is fantastic!

Are you allowed Bouillon in the first few weeks of SS? I had a cup a day during my first week and it did fill a gap between meals. 12 calories a cup, looks like dishwater, tastes yummy.

Congratulations on the 9lb - that is fantastic!

Are you allowed Bouillon in the first few weeks of SS? I had a cup a day during my first week and it did fill a gap between meals. 12 calories a cup, looks like dishwater, tastes yummy.
I'm in my 4th week now and I am going to be having a mug of Bovril everynight....12g (1 tsp) has less carbs than the boullion!! My CDC and I checked last night!! Only .9g of carbs. So I am using that as my savoury fix each night before bed.

In the meatime during the days I have peppermint/nettle tea that staves off any attempt at psychological hunger to get me!!:D

My Cdc recommended taking lemsip max capsules eeek better check to see if they have citirc acid in them. Have also had day/night nurse capsules and I'm in Ketosis (did a test this morning). I'm also on Penicillin as I have tonsillitis. I've found Nettle tea great for when you get a hungry feeling knocks it straight on the head!

Back