Fab low syn chips

Angellore

I know you can make your own syn free chips, but sometimes they just won't do I find! I had a really long and tiring day at work yesterday and when I got in I wanted chips from the take away. I didn't want anything else! My husband was thinking more clearly and due to his obsession with oven chips had about 4 different brands in the freezer. He checked on the slimming world site and we discovered that 100g of McCain rustic chips are just 1syn. I had a massive plate of chips with a huge dollop of hellmans extra lite for 4 fantastic syns. Mmmmmm!

I lurve SW chips. Instead of par-boiling them I stick them in a big jug, cover with boiling water and nuke in microwave for 5 mins, drain, spray and cook in oven until crispy. God im starving now!:eat:

I put my potatoes in the microwave whole, and blitz for 10 mins, I then take them out and cut them into wedges before putting them straight into the oven for about 20 mins.

Thanks for the advice about McCain rustic chips, thats ace, as sometimes I just need a quick fix without all the faff x

i had mccain rustic chips last night with egg and beans. proper naughty food and a huge plate was only 2.5 syns :D:D:D

Just popping in to say have any of you tried an actifry? I have one and you can cook enough chips for the whole family (lovely home-made or frozen) for a max of 3% fat. They are expensive to buy but I am so thrilled with mine. Best chips ever and guilt free!

Damn, if only my freezer hadn't just broken i'd get some of those ready for a peckish moment.

Oooh i was just wondering if any frozen chips were low syn, will defo invest in some rustic chips, for those days ( like today) when i've really not got the time to do sw chips... ( i've left it late and now we are waiting for them to cook and times running out.. lol)

Thanks for the tip. i know this time of year you can make really lovely sw chips, I do all the time, but come summer when the pots are not so good for baking, I'll defo be buying the rustic chips, they sound fab.

ruby

Handy tip - rustic oven chips are on offer in morrisons at the moment for £1 a bag x

Handy tip - rustic oven chips are on offer in morrisons at the moment for £1 a bag x

I always have a bag of these in my freezer. They are a nice change sometimes.

Yup, OUr C told us a bout these a few months ago. I've never liked oven chips, but these ones are fiiiine :) I think WW do a version too, for the same syns, but I've never seen them anywhere.

My old consultant told me the rustic chips were 10 syns for the whole bag, is that right?

Yup, OUr C told us a bout these a few months ago. I've never liked oven chips, but these ones are fiiiine :) I think WW do a version too, for the same syns, but I've never seen them anywhere.

I can't stand the ww chips, I'd rather do with out than eat them :jelous:

I can't stand the ww chips, I'd rather do with out than eat them :jelous:

Me too! they were never right despite what people claim lol. For that reason I made the decision to but the Actifry. One of my more inspired decisions.

i might get some of these on wed - i have an actifry so it will be interesting to see how they turn out

Don't sully the Actifry with frozen chips lol.

You know the rules, extra virgin olive oil (HEXB) and Maris Piper potatoes.

Back to the orignal thread, they look a good low-syn alternative to those without and Actifry or not bothering with the palava of SW chips.

How many would you do in a portion? - 250g would be my guess for 2.5 syns. Or the whole bag for 10!!!;)

McCain rustic chips are on offer at Tesco for £1 a bag atm, I just stocked up, having some for tea tonight, mmm can't wait ;)

Back