Fab week and when to stop?? Need some input!

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
Well, just had week 13 weigh in and I am so delighted to have lost 5lb this week! I have no idea how, although I have been making a conscious effort to drink plenty of water and not let myself get dehydrated.

Now though, I really would love some input from you all and your vast experience, as I just don't know when to stop! Story of my life with food!

I was aiming for 10 stone, which was a BMI of 22 (I'm 5ft 6in). Well tonight within our dwindled group of 4, to all stay together we have decided that we will do another four weeks and then go into management. This would leave me at a BMI of 23 and at 10 1/2 stone if I can lose another stone within those four weeks.

I've changed my ticker to reflect this, but don't know if I am doing the right thing. I hope that I might lose another 7lbs in RTM possibly, and I do need to start watching finances as I have to pay childcare full time as I am going back to work from my mat leave, so I am conscious of that, but also I'm not sure if I am doing this because I do want this to be over in one way and that I would like to stay with my group, or whether it's actually the right reasons that I've changed my goal.

Thing is, I don't want to look back and think, ooh, I should have lost another 7lb, but then I want to be at a weight that I can comfortably sustain. Then I think, why am I thinking that I will never lose any more weight if I don't do it right now?? I could always go back on the packs for a couple of weeks at some stage to lose a little more - oh I just am sending myself dizzy with all this!

Just don't know what to do for the best!

The LLC I spoke to on the initial meeting thing said that you can expect to lose 3 stone on foundation, then a further 1.5stone on RTM. (so 4.5stone total) Don't know if that helps at all. I think you still do lose weight just slower cos you're building up the calories.

I think you've made the right decision but it is your decision entirely, and whatever you choose, be happy with your decision. It's only an extra half stone which I'm sure will come off on RTM, and your bmi is still mid range healthy!

First and foremost, congrats on the 5lb loss! Well Done You! :)

You really need to decide what is more important; sticking to LL and losing all the weight you originally planned to but going 1, maybe 2 weeks without your regular group buddies, or going into RTM not having reached the original goal you set yourself just to stay with the crowd.

I know if it was me, for the sake of (what is actually) only 2 evening's worth of meetings, I'd stick to LL until I got to where I wanted to be; your friends will still be there when you move up to the RTM class shortly after they do.

Once I've set myself a goal, I am going to get to it by going the distance, not changing where the finish line is. Changing the goal to reach it isn't the best thing to do.

Or another way of putting it;
it's very easy to win a game, if you keep moving the goalposts.

But that's just me :p
And you know I'm not exactly 'normal' when it comes to this kinda stuff :p :D

Hiya Poppy! Well done on that 5lb honey! Great loss!

I'm a big believer in stopping when you feel you're ready. If you get to 10 and a half stone and you just don't feel ready then don't begrudge yourself that extra couple of weeks to get down to 10 stone.

Let your body tell you when it's time!! I intend to keep going until I reach that point where I just know I'm done. My LLC says that you cannot rely on losing in RTM. It's meant for maintaining your weight not losing more, so to speak!

B x

PB, I'm really surprised at that - our LLC said that we could lose weight in RTM, but we shouldn't rely on it as we'd probably put a little on, and maybe lose some too some weeks, but that we'd basically stay around the weight that we went into RTM by the end. At least I think this is what she said but I'm maybe wrong.

That's what I'm worried I'm doing Pete, moving the goalposts to get there for the wrong reasons. I did say that I wanted to get to 10 or 10 and a half stone, but as I'd not been that weight for literally years, I didn't know what I'd look like or feel like at that weight.

I want to be sensible of course.

I think that the answer is to do the next 4 weeks as planned, 100% committment to stick to it and lose another stone and see what I feel when I get there. If I'm still not feeling quite happy I will definitely carry on in abstinence, as I'm more important than staying with my group I know that.

Think I can only weigh this up nearer to that goal though.

Thanks for you input.

Bek, you were posting at the same time as me, and basically saying the same thing that I know in my heart really! I agree, in all respects, but I'm a little concerned that I might go too far to the other side too! Do you REALLY know when enough is enough do you think?? I might want to start seeing ribs and things!!! ;-)

The LLC I spoke to on the initial meeting thing said that you can expect to lose 3 stone on foundation, then a further 1.5stone on RTM. (so 4.5stone total) Don't know if that helps at all. I think you still do lose weight just slower cos you're building up the calories.

I think you've made the right decision but it is your decision entirely, and whatever you choose, be happy with your decision. It's only an extra half stone which I'm sure will come off on RTM, and your bmi is still mid range healthy!

Interesting mine said something completely different, she told me some people do and some dont. I would be curious as to what others have been told. If that is the case i need to stop now as im literally a stone away dont want to be too slim :eek:

TO answer the posters question go on until you are healthy and happy with your appearance, but dont over do it you could fall below your BMI on RTM and that would be unhealthy

Lol! Well, not too sure about my LLC and wouldn't be surprised if it was rubbish!

Horses for courses

I decided to get just under my goal before starting RTM to allow for fluctuations.
I'm glad I did. A couple of people I know started about a stone before goal, but have struggled since and not lost what they expected so are about the same.
I'm just starting my week 4 RTM.
Have gone up (SCARY) and down a bit so far. Am now the same as when I started it.
BL has finished RTM and I think she's still at her goal too.
I think your body tells you when you need to re-introduce food. Mine did, but I put it off for 2 weeks because it was just before Christmas and I knew there would bee too much temptation around for a girl like me to resist.

I am at my goal, within a pound to a pound and a half, either side, each week. It does fluxuate.

I went into RTM 1/2 stone early Poppy, simply because I wanted to time my weeks on RTM around specific weeks we were going to be in america for Thanksgivine.

Otheriwse, I would have went all the way, and wish I had the opportunity to have done so. I am not struggling - but the weight is harder to shift while in RTM. I still want to get to my VERY original goal, but find it difficult to do - not impossible and certainly easier then a year ago , but I wish I had had the time to go all the way to goal. But I'm happy anyway.

Its a personal decision.

You need to do what YOU feel right doing, now what was right for any of us.

If you have the time, I say go all the way. Then it's dones. It'll only be a few weeks most before you join your friends. But thats just me.

You do for you, as you feel is right.
Good luck hon.

(ps - never heard of anyone ever losing 1.5 stone in RTM. Thats a bit of an exxageration me thinks?)

Hi BL

Good morning.
I hope you feel a bit better today.
I've been up since 3.30 doing my b....y application form. YUK.
Got to go and get ready for work now.
Bye..
xxxx hugs.

Good morning.
I hope you feel a bit better today.
I've been up since 3.30 doing my b....y application form. YUK.
Got to go and get ready for work now.
Bye..
xxxx hugs.

I do SB - thank you. :) Just needed to let it go.

Thanks for bein such a great pal. :)

xx

Aww, hugs BL! I missed that you were feeling off! Glad you are feeling better now.

Thanks ladies for your advice. I think I'll definitely take it and get down to the original 10 stone and BMI 22, or I'll kick myself I think. It can only be another two or three weeks on top of the four surely, and nothing in the grand scheme of what we've done already!! I also find it not hard at all and realise I am very lucky that way. I have no idea how someone can eat while in abstinence and hope that doesn't change for me. I don't mean that judgementally, but for me I just can't imagine physically putting something in my mouth foodwise until I've finished this. I just KNOW that I'm going to complete this journey and don't want to jump off before I'm ready.

Anyway, I digress!! As I'm finding it fine and SO easy and the only problem I have is this damn constipation, I'm keeping at it. I know that I was thinking about the expense, but if I don't complete this journey and make it a success now, I could slip down that mountain again and start putting on little bits of weight and then that will cost me a lot more, financially and emotionally. I want to be perfectly happy with my weight for the first time in my life!

I'm changing my ticker back!

ahh, thats alright PS - just had a frustrating day on my Job Interview thread, etc. No worries - better today. :)

Good for you - I think you will bepleased to stay till the end. I would have preferred that, but realy wanted to anjoy at least part of Thanksgiving with my family as I have not shared the holiday with them for 8 years. Otherwise - I would have waitied tillt he very end, and sometimes wish I had. But I am happy with my decision in the end - jst means I have to work a little harder to shift the last few pounds.

Good on ya!

xx

I've just had this discussion with my LLC. Her advice was to go a little under your target then you know you have that to play with.................so to speak! I've still got a long way to go but I think that I will take her up on this. Also onRTM you can still lose a little more.
Sorry if I duplicated any answers.........but I would just like to say your doing fantastic.......well done!

Back