Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

That's the beauty of the plan I think - the flexibility. You can adjust throughout the day depending on how your circumstances change and cater for little wobbles or feeling funny or getting invited out or whatever else gets thrown at you. Hope you're feeling better today! Putting the scales away for the week sounds like a very good idea. I think it can be hard to break the habit but in the longrun I think we focus better on doing the plan the way it should be done rather than reacting to every little fluctuation which can be caused by something as minor as when you last had a glass of water.

Oh by the way, what time do you want me for dinner? :eat: ;)

That's the beauty of the plan I think - the flexibility. You can adjust throughout the day depending on how your circumstances change and cater for little wobbles or feeling funny or getting invited out or whatever else gets thrown at you. Hope you're feeling better today! Putting the scales away for the week sounds like a very good idea. I think it can be hard to break the habit but in the longrun I think we focus better on doing the plan the way it should be done rather than reacting to every little fluctuation which can be caused by something as minor as when you last had a glass of water.

Oh by the way, what time do you want me for dinner? :eat: ;)

Thanks - feeling perfectly normal today. Well...about as normal as I get.

1930? I'll set another place, because the way I cook there's bound to be enough for three!

Last edited:
Aldi - Harbour salmon company - Infusions

Fantastic product - just tried this for the first time. Straight from the fridge into the microwave (just take the cardboard sleeve off!), 2.5 minutes later - tasty salmon, perfectly cooked.

Got mine from Aldi and will be buying these again. Free on EE and Red!
gcl-lowres.png
As you can tell - lunch was delicious :drool:

Oh we had such a lovely time last night! Chinese food was great and the company was better. As I suspected, I catered for about 4 people so I know what I'll be having for lunch :)

Ive just cooked us a SW breakfast - bacon, LM sausages and tomatoes in a WM pitta with HP sauce. 1 syn + HEXB each! My friend has said she's thinking about joining again (with her daughter) so I've emailed her the booklets (shhhh, don't tell SW!). Looks like I've got a bit of extra support and guidance from her then, always useful :)

Saturday March 8th 2014

EE today

B : LMcC sausages, bacon, WM pitta (HEXB), microwaved cherry tomatoes, HP sauce (1 syn)

L : Left over chinese (3 syns). SFs as last night - onions, spring onions, mangetout, baby sweetcorn, yellow pepper. With lamb, chicken, noodles, tiny bit of rice, blackbean sauce, chow mein sauce

D : The last part of the left overs

(They have all gone now, and were divine! It started at 13.5 syns in total, shared between two of us. I've estimated (by volume) there were 3 syns worth left over and I've eaten that in two portions today.)

HEXA : Milk in tea

Snacks : mini cucumber, banana, 2 clemetines, 2 plums, bowl of strawberries with ML vanilla yoghurt :drool:

A low syn day and one where I've stuck to my Lent resolutions to avoid alcohol and wasted food. I call that a win :innocent0002:

I think I might track this week's syns in total out of the 105 I'm allowed. I'm not looking to save them up for blow out or anything, just interested in how many I use. So far : Day 3 21.5/105

I know it's early but I think the only things I'll need later are maybe some fruit, possibly an Alpen Light and lots of cuppas. Despite not going to bed until midnight last night I was up at 0630 so I sense an early night happening.

Sounds like your evening was a great success and if you've inspired your friend (and daughter) to get back on it too then that's an added bonus!

i note down all my syns too, on my phone. Basically it doesn't go in my mouth unless I've made a note of it first! It keeps me honest. That said, I blew it a bit yesterday, but I know if stop counting I'll lose control of the week completely. Hope your weekend continues on track!

i note down all my syns too, on my phone. Basically it doesn't go in my mouth unless I've made a note of it first! It keeps me honest. That said, I blew it a bit yesterday, but I know if stop counting I'll lose control of the week completely. Hope your weekend continues on track!

Don't stop counting! I know you haven't..but just don't stop counting! :)

Sunday March 9th 2014

EE today.

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML toffee yoghurt

L : 2 chicken thighs wrapped in four slices of bacon - roasted, 20g cheddar melted on top (4 syns), salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, casear salad dressing (3 syns), pickled onons

D : HM chilli, WM pasta, salad

Snacks : Apple, plum, 3 clementines, Alpen Light (2.5 syns)

A high(er) synned lunch but I haven't had very many syns this week so it was fine. In fact it was totally delicious (see below if I can get photos to work). I was going to make some syn free BBQ sauce to top it, but I didn't have time. I have. however, copied down the recipe supplied by Pippa (Post 737 on her thread) and intend to try it very soon. It sounds wonderful.

I can honestly say that in the nearly two months I've been back with SW I haven't eaten one thing where I've thought "Oh, I wish it tasted nicer than that, I can tell I'm on a diet". I haven't felt deprived. In fact I feel so much better and a good deal healthier. I am not going back to the lazy way. It's no wonder I was tired all the time with the crap I was eating and drinking.

Syns this week : Day 4 31/105 (plus any others I have today)

IMG_1302.jpgIMG_1303.jpg

Last edited:
well done your doing great love and wow your meals look nice i most start getting some more salad in x x

well done your doing great love and wow your meals look nice i most start getting some more salad in x x

Hello chezz - I hope you're doing OK but I know what a horrible time you're going through :(

I'm lucky that eating salad isn't a chore to me, I really like it. One of the girls at work said she was "bored" with salad. She's just not making them right. If you only ever put the same stuff in your salad you are going to get bored with it.

How my mindset has changed. I've just had a cuppa and an Alpen light and it felt so like a treat. I think I've been brainwashed.

Weekly syns : Day 4 31/105

Monday March 10th 2014

Today will be Red

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML vanilla yoghurt, banana

L : Pastrami and 15g cheese (1/2 HEXA1) salad (mixed lettuce, celery, cucumber, tomatoes) (1.5 syns for dressing)

D : Chicken stir fry with onion, pak choi, mange tout, baby sweetcorn + 1/2 pack of Aldi chow mein sauce (3 syns)

Snacks :apple, 2 clementines, 2 ryvita (HEXB2) + Dairylea light (1/2HEXA1) + Marmite + cucumber strips, another banana

Syns running total : Day 5 34.5/105. That's not very many syns used is it? I know people say you should use at least 5 a day so I've got that covered but I honestly haven't wanted to use any more. I haven't stinted on using "real" full fat salad dressings and the like instead of the FF versions and I've had lots of snacks. I think cutting out alcohol has helped!

IMG_1308.jpg IMG_1305.jpg IMG_1309.jpg IMG_1311.jpg

I was deeply tempted to jump on the scales this morning but I held off. :scale: I just hope I'll be as happy as that smiley when I do weigh in on Thursday. I've been absolutely saintly this week so far (and it hasn't been difficult either, so that's good!) and I will be gutted if I don't get a loss. I really want 2lbs off to get my 2 stone shiny. Really, really want it!

Last edited:
Very nearly didn't bother with dinner - the Ryvita from earlier had filled me up. But it wasn't a huge bowl of stir fry, mainly because the half bag of beansprouts I'd been planning to add had gone slimy :sign0137:. I'm a firm believer that dates on food are largely a con or an arse-covering exercise by manufacturers and I always use the smell / taste test on food in my fridge. These beansprouts failed.

So that's 50p's worth for my Lent food waste challenge. Must try not to let it get much worse.

Last edited:
Tuesday March 11th 2014

Planning a Green Day (purely so I can have cheesy chips!!)

B : All Bran (HEXB1), strawberries, ML yoghurt

L : Chicken (HEXB2), mixed salad, casear dressing (3 syns), 15g cheddar (1/2 HEXA1)

D : Cheesy (1/2 HEXA1) chips with baked beans and maybe some LMcC sausages, HP sauce (2 syns)

HEXA2 : Milk in tea

Snacks : Fruit (so far 1 plum, 1 banana, 1 apple), Alpen light (2.5 syns)

I'm away all day, probably out for the best part of 12 hours so will pack plenty of fruit in my bag.

So that will be syns total - Day 6 : 42/105

Last edited:
Sausage, chips and beans (with both cheese and HP sauce!) was *just* what I needed after today. My word, it's awful, this diet food, innit? ;)

Syns total - Day 6 : 42/105

IMG_1314.jpg IMG_1315.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday March 12th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML vanilla yoghurt

L : Chicken and pastrami salad (using up the cold meat in the fridge - Lent challenge :checkmark green:), dressing (1.5 syns)

D : Not sure yet, but have both HM chilli and HM pasta sauce in the freezer so will be pasta + something with salad

Snacks : Banana, apple, plum, clementines

Weekly syns total - Day 7 : 46.5/105

Hmm...better find some more syns to add to that! Maybe an Alpen Light? I've just bought the Lemon Drizzle variety for the first time - 3 syns I think.

Weigh in day tomorrow. Praying for 2lbs :innocent0001:

Last edited:
Hi Theria, just checking in to see how your week is going - sounds like you're still flying (slimy bean sprouts and all)! Well done you for sticking to your guns and staying away from the scales, I'm looking forward to celebrating that 2 pounds with you tomorrow!

Alpen Lights are a staple in my cupboard too, the lemon ones and the summer fruit ones are my favourites. Did you know that 2 are a HEXB? I've had a couple of days at home this week and have had oaty pancakes with fruit for breakfast. They're a HEXB but an extremely filling way to start the day if you've got the time.

If you're not feeling deprived I wouldn't worry too much about your syns. People say that as you get closer to target it's harder to cut down to get you those last few pounds if you haven't been using them all, but I would say just keep doing what you're doing for now as long as you're happy with your results and how you feel. I've had plenty of weeks where I've massively under-synned and also struggled to fit in HEXs, and still lost OK. I'm just conscious of the things I crave occasionally and make sure I work them in when they arise. Otherwise if I deprive myself they have a tendency to become a distraction and turn into a binge-fest! At the moment what you're doing is obviously working very well so you keep at it lady!

Good luck for tomorrow, looking forward to hearing how brilliant it is! :cross:

Hi Theria, just checking in to see how your week is going - sounds like you're still flying (slimy bean sprouts and all)! Well done you for sticking to your guns and staying away from the scales, I'm looking forward to celebrating that 2 pounds with you tomorrow! Alpen Lights are a staple in my cupboard too, the lemon ones and the summer fruit ones are my favourites. Did you know that 2 are a HEXB? I've had a couple of days at home this week and have had oaty pancakes with fruit for breakfast. They're a HEXB but an extremely filling way to start the day if you've got the time. If you're not feeling deprived I wouldn't worry too much about your syns. People say that as you get closer to target it's harder to cut down to get you those last few pounds if you haven't been using them all, but I would say just keep doing what you're doing for now as long as you're happy with your results and how you feel. I've had plenty of weeks where I've massively under-synned and also struggled to fit in HEXs, and still lost OK. I'm just conscious of the things I crave occasionally and make sure I work them in when they arise. Otherwise if I deprive myself they have a tendency to become a distraction and turn into a binge-fest! At the moment what you're doing is obviously working very well so you keep at it lady! Good luck for tomorrow, looking forward to hearing how brilliant it is! :cross:

I've just had a bag of crisps :eek: :) It wasn't just to use some syns - I actually did fancy them! They and other savoury stuff are my nemesis, and that was the first time I'd had proper crisps (not French Fries - they don't count as crisps!) in two months. They were nice, but not nearly as nice as I remember!

I know Alpens are a HEX. I've used just one as a "speed" HEXB but I treat them more like a biscuit than breakfast.

As to things I crave, I'm finding ways to cook them low-syn, so far it's working wonderfully. I've had a great week and I'm hoping it reflects in tomorrow's result.

Thanks for checking up on me!

Last edited:
Oh dear - today didn't go to plan!

Today, lunch got scuppered by a meeting with another organisation that overran by two hours :eek:

Although they kept me well supplied with tea (and offered plenty of biscuits, which I refused) there was no chance to eat my lunch. By the time I looked at it on the train on the way home it had wilted beyond saving :sigh:. Note to self : invest in some of those flexible ice mat thingys from Lakeland! So that's probably another £2 worth onto my Lent Wasted Food challenge. Poor show!

So today now looks like this :

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML vanilla yoghurt

L : Walkers crisps (6.5 syns), 1 apple, 2 clementines, 1 plum, 1 banana

D : Pasta n sauce (1.5 syns) mixed with HM chilli on a bed of salad

Weekly syns total - Day 7 : 53/105

Yes, I could have used some of my spare syns and bought a sandwich from somewhere - but I wasn't *that* hungry. I didn't want to "spend" syns on something like that when I wasn't gnaw-my-own-arm-off type hungry. Admittedly, I hadn't even taken my coat off whilst I put the pan on to boil for the pasta when I got home but I'm sat here with it now and it's glorious :D.

So - not the best balanced day, but entirely on plan. Result!

Wooo Hoooo!

3.5lbs off!

:bliss::woohoo::party0011::greenapple:

Got a confrontational, narky meeting coming up today. Bring it on :D

Back