Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Theria

Silver Member
Well...I had a real "Wow!" moment weighing in after my first week back with SW. I'd lost 13.5lbs. :eek:

Now - I need to qualify that a bit :
  • I have huuuuuuge amounts to lose, so I know the first week isn't representative!
  • Water loss - probably a few pounds :)
  • When I weighed in to discover I was 22st 11lbs :sigh: it was mid-morning and I was dressed. Not heavy clothes, by any means, but jogging bottoms and a light fleece top weigh something, after all...

So after the first week back on plan when I weighed first thing in the morning (post loo visit, and naked :eek:) to discover I'd lost almost a stone was something of a shock. In fact I had to double and triple check it to make sure I wasn't seeing things. In fact, I was only looking at the "pounds" on the scale to start with and I had one moment of thinking "Oh heck, how have I *gained* half a pound after being so good?!" then I looked at the "stones" side and nearly fell off the scales. Despite knowing I didn't really lose 13.5lbs I'm going to damn well claim I did :8855:

I can't believe how good it made me feel - knowing I'd loved my first week back on plan, eating great food, not being hungry, not feeling deprived *and* having that great result. I skipped through yesterday - people at work remarked on how happy I looked :D (didn't tell them why, though!). So, now I'm starting this diary to remind me of that feeling in the time to come because I know not every week is going to be this easy. Oh boy.

This is the second time I've tried SW to lose weight. I did it successfully once before, probably starting from about 21st and I got down to 16st then, I don't know what happened. I just gave up I suppose. I got lazy. I ate too much crap and I drank too much beer and I'm back where I started, and then some!

I've never joined SW properly before. I used a friend's photocopied books (shhhhhh!) and I never went to a group. I'm so not a happy clappy group person. So I have joined up online (found a £40 off code!) and I'm really liking the online food diary and the syns thingie. I hope that by doing that, and by posting on here I will remain accountable to myself and to you guys. (And also, if I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, I know someone will spot it and shout at me :) .) This whole site has been inspirational for me and I intend to stick around.

So hello fellow WEMITTs :wavey:

Last edited:
Food diary - Friday 24/01/2014

Red Day

B : 40g All Bran (HEXB1), 4 tbspns Onken FF Vanilla yoghurt (1), strawberries

L : 2 roast chicken thighs (no skin, fat), salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, spring onion, pickled jalepenos, FF dressing

D : Gammon steak, stir fry veggie pack, Aldi chinese sauce (3-5 syns, depending on which one I use and how much)

Snacks : 2 Ryvita + 30g cheddar (HEB2 + HEA1), liberal amounts of fruit

Hi Hi!
Well done for losing so much already! I was the same in my first week, and what a great kick start it is : )
I'm a similar weight to you, we can DO this =]

Hi there..

I've started a 50lb summer challenge thread to help us all along they way, to give us a little more added support... if you wish to join.. Feel free

Jane xx

Started off at a lb under you. 22 stone 10.

You can do this x

The mind set is different this time. I haven't pinned down exactly what triggered it, but yes - I can. If I want it enough.

Food diary - Saturday 25/01/2014

First - an update to yesterday's Red Day. I had two alcoholic drinks last night for 16 syns, so a total of 20 syns for the day. I am not worried about going over 15 because it will even out in the week. Everything else was to plan and I enjoyed the food very much. The gammon stir fry was really tasty.

Today is a Green Day :

B : B : 40g All Bran (HEXB1), 4 tbspns Onken FF Vanilla yoghurt (1 syn), strawberries

L : Wholemeal Spaghetti with a HM tomato, onion, sweetcorn and chilli sauce with some spicy salami (3.5 syns)
D : Cheesy (HEXA1) spicy SW chips on a bed of salad, salsa and jalepenos (can you tell I adore spicy food?!) - saw something similar on the "what's for tea" thread and just :drool:

Snacks : Clementines, apple, banana, grapes
HEXA2 : Milk in hot drinks HEXB2 : Not sure yet

Just been shopping so am all stocked up for this week. Got two packs of whole wheat spaghetti from Aldi for 59p each - it's usually much more than that. The super 6 didn't inspire me this week, but I have lots of salad and fruit.

(ETA : Lunch was amazing - but the kitchen, my previously white shirt and the cooker hob all now need a good scrub. Opening tins of tomatoes is obviously trickier than I thought!:tomato:)

Last edited:
Am trying to resist jumping on the scales mid-week. It won't do any good, weight fluctuates. Only be disappointed if it's the "wrong" result.
Do.not.do.it.

Am going to make a cuppa instead :)

Food Diary - Sunday 26/01/2014

I had a disturbed night - I was up from 3am - 5am because I couldn't sleep. So I had a cuppa and watched a DVD. Then I was sleepy again, so went back to bed until 10am :eek:

So proper breakfast today didn't really happen :eek:

EE today

B : Banana, clememtines, plum

L : Roast chicken, roasted new potatoes & parsnips in Frylight, carrots, broccoli, cabbage

D : Not sure yet - but I have my HEXB to use, so might include that

HEXA : Milk in tea
Syns : Stuffing ball (l/o from Christmas, I have a bag of these and pigs in blankets in the freezer) 3 syns, Gravy (from granules) 4 syns

The chicken is roasting and the whole place smells amazing :)

Having a slight wobble tonight. Can't quite believe that this will work. I've been within syns, eating to plan but I'm still worried. Ridiculous. I know it works if I stick to it, I've done it before. Maybe I'll feel better after next Thursday when I weigh in again. Maybe I'll jump on the scales tomorrow - argh, no, that's asking for trouble.

Anyway, dinner was great. I used some of the l/o pasta sauce from yesterday (3.5 syns) with some wholemeal pasta and a big salad. Plus I've boxed up another salad with some roast chicken for lunch at work tomorrow.

Must. Not. Worry. Counterproductive.

Feeling better this morning - had a sneaky weigh (even though I said I wouldn't!) and my confidence is back - it's going the right way :) I was just having a week 2 wobble - how can I be losing weight when Im eating *so much*?!

Today will be EE

B : 40g All Bran (HEB), Onken FF vanilla yoghurt (1 syn), strawberries

L : Chicken salad with FF dressing

D : Bubble and squeak with yesterday's l/o veggies and gravy (3 syns)

Snacks : Fruit and maybe some French Fries crisps (4 syns)

Just discovered that the Aldi version of Muller Light yoghurt isn't syn free! I tend to just get vanilla and toffee flavour as they're my favourites, the Brooklea toffee one is 3.5 and the vanilla is 1.5.

I'm glad I looked it up before I scoffed it :) Even having had the toffee yoghurt I'm still only on 11.5 syns for the day, so I'm happy.

Might be back to Muller Lights though, after I've eaten the six Aldi ones I bought at the weekend. Shame, as I do most my shopping at Aldi and I'd rather not go to two supermarkets....hey ho.

Green day today (So I can have some cheeeeeeese!)

B : 40g All Bran (
HEXB1) + Aldi FF vanilla yoghurt (1.5) + Strawberries, banana

L : JP, beans, jalepenos (from the little cart outside the office, yum), 30g cheddar + salad (HEXA1 brought from home)

D : HM Veg soup - pre-chopped stew mix bag of onion, carrot, swede, leek cooked in chicken stock. Crispy cooked turkey rashers (?2 or 3 syns, need to weigh them and work it out) and jalepenos crumbled over the top. Ryvita (HEXB2). There should be enough to bring for lunch tomorrow as well.

HEXA2 : Milk in tea during the day

Snacks : Banana, 2 clementines, apple

That's looking good for today, but a bit low in Syns. I could always sprinkle a bit more cheeeeeese on the soup. Can you tell I like cheeeeeeeeeeese? :8855:

Last edited:
Tonight's soup was fabulous. Just a bag of stew veggies, a knorr stockpot and some water. I used two turkey rashers (3syns) and some pickled jalapeños chopped up and sprinkled on the top. It really gave it some zing.

It's a good job I liked the soup, because there's enough for...quite a few portions!

So a good Green day - proper cheese,a lovely JP and some scrummy soup. Only 4.5 syns overall though - a bit low. I only had 2 ryvita with the soup (the speed version of a HEXB) so I could always have the other 2 later with some cheese on :)

Mega thankful to the poster on the "What's for tea?" Thread who reminded me that turkey rashers are not free on Green days. No idea why I thought they were, hehe, they're practically bacon!

I need to pull a bit of a fast one today. There's a big meeting in our office - lots of people from the rest of the organisation coming. So, that means a buffet lunch. Now our caterer is very good, the food's lovely, but it is NOT SW friendly, apart from the huge fruit platters which are gorgeous!

So, I am taking some of last night's soup in with me for lunch. I will have to pretend that I'd forgotten the buffet was being provided. If I tuck into the fruit afterwards, it won't be so noticeable :)

Other than that, EE for me today.

B : All Bran, yoghurt (3.5), strawberries

L : veggie soup, fruit

D: Chicken stir fry,noodles, veggies, Aldi stir fry sauce 1/2 pack (3)

Snacks : fruit, maybe some low syn crisps?

i agree thats great thinking ahead x x

i agree thats great thinking ahead x x

It absolutely worked....there were so many people at the meeting that no-one noticed me sneaking back to my desk via the microwave with my soup.

And it was better than the sandwiches :) In fact, our admin girl (who I sit next to) wants me to bring her some in tomorrow!

theria
that great glad it worked love and hey its nice she would like some soup to x

Back