Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Well this is a worry - it's the first morning I've checked in before you! Hope the germs haven't taken too hold too badly, or maybe you've just given yourself the day off work and are having a lovely long lie-in? Mind you, with all that garlic last night, maybe you've decided to keep your distance for a bit... ;)

Sending more make-you-better hugs...
:bighug:

Well this is a worry - it's the first morning I've checked in before you! Hope the germs haven't taken too hold too badly, or maybe you've just given yourself the day off work and are having a lovely long lie-in? Mind you, with all that garlic last night, maybe you've decided to keep your distance for a bit... ;) Sending more make-you-better hugs... :bighug:

I have just rung in sick. I feel like I've been hit by a truck....so much for the paracetamol I thought was working last night!

I've been up since 4am, couldn't sleep lying down because of the snot-fest. Sorry...

So far I've eaten more paracetamol and two pieces of toast (HEXB) with cheese triangles (3syns). Buckets of tea, too. Today, my HEXA of milk will be bottomless. I am not measuring it.

I have my eye on a tin of Heinz tomato soup later. There's no way I would think it was worth 11 syns *normally* but it is today.

:koff hack splutter:

:)

:eek:Oh pants! Sorry you feel so grim... Get yourself tucked in on the settee for a day of hideous daytime telly and hopefully lots of snoozing. Keep the tea coming, and as much food as you can manage to balance the pills and give you a bit of fuel for the fight. Oh, and crack a window, it can help with the bungedupness:sign0137:. (Here endeth Dr Marsh's lecture)

Take care hun, get well soon... :hug99:

Wednesday March 26th 2014

Last thing I wanrt to be doing is sitting here typing this lot up but I;ve got stay accountable to myself (and you guys) and this is the way to do it.

Green

B : Toast (HEXB1), cheese spread (3 syns)

L : Haf can tomato soup (6.5 syns), cheese on toast (HEXB2 + HEXA1) (that's more bread than I have eaten since I started SW in one day I think)

D : Jp, beans, salad, dressing (3 syns)

HEXA2 : Milk in tea - probably more than allowed amount, but sod it am not counting.

Snacks : 2 bananas, Walkers Pops (4 syns), greek lemon yog (0.5 syn)

total - 17 syns

If I'd not had the crisps or the dressing I'd have come in under 15 for the day but I wanted them. def not enough fruit and veg but I just wanted junk today, stuff that was easy to make.

Weekly total syns - Day 7 : 69/105 used so that's OK

Will weigh in tomorrow as usual but not holding out lots of hope. To top it all, my period started today. The world and Mother Freaking Nature are conspiring against me.

Right, I'm going back to my bucket of tea and my blanket. I hope everyone else is feeling better than I am.

You've done really well considering you are in the grip of the galloping lurgy. A couple of syns over? PAH! It's nothing.

As to WI tomorrow - try not to worry about a STS or even a gain, your body is working at fighting off the big so may retain water (even though you're probably feeling as though liquid is running out of your nose like a tap!)

Really hope you feel better tomorrow and get a good nights kip. :)

Blimey.

3.5lbs off. BMI under 40 - lost 5 whole points off it. 2 1/2 stone shiny.

If I felt a bit less lurgy-riddled I'd be delighted. (Of course I AM delighted, I just feel too crap to appreciate it!) :sick:

Thank you again for all your support. I couldn't do it without you. Sally - I am considering changing my diary title to "Fighting off the big" :D

I can't see me making work today either. I was due to be in the office and I know how annoying it is when someone comes in when they're obviously not fit and proceeds to spread germs around everyone. Shall ring the boss at a more respectable hour. Ironicaly, I'd booked tomorrow as annual leave ages ago so might just take that anyway and slide hacking and coughing into the weekend. Blurgh.

:party0038:

Congratulations on such a brilliant loss, you are hitting your goals like a boss!

I totally agree with not going into work today, there's nothing worse than seeing someone sniffing and coughing in the corner and knowing that they've touched the kettle and...OH NO I'M GOING TO CATCH IT!...;)

Hopefully today you will start coming out of the other side of the stupid germs.

Woohoo well done on the loss, Theria, that is brilliant!!!!!

And I ditto the whole "don't take your germs into work" idea - take tomorrow off like you planned, wrap up warm, drink lots of comforting hot drinks and water and get yourself better!

Thursday March 27th 2014

Thank you for stopping by :)

Sore throat is receding, but my temperature is still up, my nose feels like a leaky tap and I ache. In places I had no idea *could* ache...Luckily the event I was planning to attend tomorrow (that I took the leave for) has been cancelled so that's probably not a bad result, although I would have wanted to go I doubt it would have been a good idea.

Anyway - good food seems to be helping so I'm pleased I have stuff stashed in the freezer and fridge. I am almost out of fruit so I will have to go shopping tomorrow. I'll stick to Aldi though. I can do the whole trip, from door to door and unpacked in less than 40 minutes. Bigger supermarkets take 90 mins plus. Too much choice! Too many people! Running out of fruit is now classed as a national crisis so it will have to be done.

EE today
B : ML yoghurt, banana

L : Pasta n Sauce + HM chilli, lettuce, cucumber, FF dressing

D : Likely to be SW fakeaway kebab (WM Pitta HEXB), habenero salsa, SW chips and salad. Comfort food, but SW style.

HEXA : milk in tea

Snacks : 2 slices of lean ham, the fruit I have left is 1 apple, 2 clementines and 1 passion fruit so I could have those

No syns at all. I was supposed to be seeing Mum on Sunday (of course) if I am less infectious - she doesn't need this lurgy either - so if I go over there for lunch I'll need a few syns saved up to cover the gravy / yorkies etc. etc.

Last edited:
Friday March 28th 2014

I'm bored, bored, bored of being ill! I must be getting better. I am feeling a little more human today, slept a bit better, but I've just been to Aldi and it's wiped me out. However, the fruit bowl is now refilled and the fridge is better stocked :)

Red today :

B : All Bran (HEXB1), ML yoghurt, passionfruit

L : SW kebab in WM pitta (HEXB2), sliced tomato and cucumber, habereno salsa, salad, FF dressing

D : Roast chicken thighs, carrots, cauli, broccoli, gravy (3 syns)

Snacks : 3 slices of lean ham, banana, apple

HEXA1 : Milk in tea
HEXA2 : Not sure yet

Last edited:
Good grief! 15 pages of waffle! (From me, obviously - all your contributions are wise and extremely welcome!).

I have to say I did like signing on to the desktop and seeing my lovely green 2 1/2 stone sticker :bliss: - I can only do the whizzy colour coding on here and I don't see the signatures on my iPad.

Hey it's your diary, you can waffle to your heart's content :D

The stickers look great and they must be such a boost to remind yourself of what you've achieved so far!

Hey it's your diary, you can waffle to your heart's content :D

The stickers look great and they must be such a boost to remind yourself of what you've achieved so far!

Your first one is sooooo close - we'll be here cheering you on when you get it!

LOL I'm doing CC - but hey why shouldn't I use the SW stickers? :D They look so fab :D

Oops! So you are! Never mind - no-one will notice if you borrow one or two ;) Mini-goals are to be celebrated whatever plan you're following :scale:

Hey Theria...

Sorry I'm a day late checking and sharing out the woop woops and snoopy dances! I did read yesterday and saw another fabulous loss, but I was feeling miserable and didn't want to transmit any gloomyness across cyberspace. Congratulations on another brilliant week, really glad to see you're feeling a tad brighter today and hopefully a bit more proud of yourself than you had the capacity for yesterday. Those new shinies really suit you, and a 3-something BMI definitely looks far more flattering...

Hope you continue to batter the germs into submission and can make something of your weekend without feeling like you've just been dug up. Take care lovely. :)

Hey Theria...

Sorry I'm a day late checking and sharing out the woop woops and snoopy dances! I did read yesterday and saw another fabulous loss, but I was feeling miserable and didn't want to transmit any gloomyness across cyberspace. Congratulations on another brilliant week, really glad to see you're feeling a tad brighter today and hopefully a bit more proud of yourself than you had the capacity for yesterday. Those new shinies really suit you, and a 3-something BMI definitely looks far more flattering...

Hope you continue to batter the germs into submission and can make something of your weekend without feeling like you've just been dug up. Take care lovely. :)

Yeah, I was pretty grumpy as well! I'm sorry to hear about your miserable-ness (z'at a word?). I hope it's shifting. Maybe we can boot it the same way I'm kicking my germs. They'd suit each other nicely and then perhaps they'd leave us alone?

Thank you for dropping by, you're always welcome here. Hope the rest of your week improves towards the weekend x

Saturday March 29th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt, banana

L : HM pasta sauce with chorizo and bacon (3.5 syns), pasta and salad, FF dressing

D : Beef with green pepper in black bean sauce (4 syns), stir fy veggies, noodles or rice

HEXA : Milk in tea
Snacks : Honeydew melon, apple, 2 x clementines, Ryvita minis (4.5 syns)

Yesterday's snacks : I also had a bag of Walker's Pops (4 syns) so that makes my weekly running total of syns for Thursday / Friday 7/105. Will update with today's totals later. I am going round to see Mum tomorrow so might need a lot of the "saved" syns for lunch :eat:

Last edited:
Back