Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Thursday April 10th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), banana, Aldi yoghurt (1.5 syns)

L : Roast beef, mixed salad, fresh fruit salad

D : Chicken chow mein (3 syns for sauce), chicken, noodles, beansprouts, spring onions, sugar snap peas, baby sweetcorm, celery

HEXA : Milk in tea
Snacks : Fruit, French Fries (4 syns)

Last edited:
Hi!

Just thought I'd drop a note to let you know i'm reading :) We started at roughly the same weight and have the same goal (and are the same height! YAY! for another tall lady!)

I'm not doing SW, but I used too! I'm getting jealous of the SW chips, my favourite meal on SW was chips, mushy peas and a 'fried' egg :D

Congrats on the loss this week :bliss: and an average of 3lbs per week is amazing! Getting into the teens is such a good feeling!

Thanks for stopping by - visits like this keep me accountable to myself and you guys. I'm so pleased that my little excursion offplan was quickly squashed and now I'm back to enjoying my food again :)

SW chips. Best. Thing. Ever. :eat:

1.5lbs off! :bliss:

Not quite sure I deserve that, given what happened at the weekend :eek: but the hard work since then seems to have paid off!

Under 20 stone (JUST!) for the first time in I don't know how long. I will be working even harder this week to make sure I consolidate this.

GO THERIA!

:worthy:

:happy096:

You DO deserve that loss as you've pulled the reins back in tightly. Well done for getting into the teens as well, such an achievement. Congratulations!

That's an amazing milestone - not just physically but emotionally too! Massive congratulations!

That's an amazing milestone - not just physically but emotionally too! Massive congratulations!

Yes - it does feel like one. It's been great so far in that there has always seemed to be another target just round the corner - under 300lbs, the next half stone award, club 10 and so on but this one is a biggie (or a not so biggie, ha!). I am determined that I will never weigh 20stones again. Ever.

Next target is 3 stones lost - that's only 2.5lbs away so I'm going to do my best to dent that by next week.

FRiday April 11th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, Aldi yoghurt (1.5 syns)

L : Roast chicken, mixed salad, pickles, (3 syns for dressing)

D : Aldi lamb shank (3.5 syns), mashed potatoes, mixed veggies

Snacks : Fruit, Ryvita minis (4.5 syns)

Weekly syns tracker : Day 2/7 : 21/105

Feeling great today - it's almost the weekend and whilst I might have to work for some of it (v. busy at the moment, got lots to catch up on) I'm going out for lunch with friends on Saturday :)

Last edited:
Yes - it does feel like one. It's been great so far in that there has always seemed to be another target just round the corner - under 300lbs, the next half stone award, club 10 and so on but this one is a biggie (or a not so biggie, ha!). I am determined that I will never weigh 20stones again. Ever.

Next target is 3 stones lost - that's only 2.5lbs away so I'm going to do my best to dent that by next week.

Good luck my lovely :D We're all behind you xxx

Well done on this weeks loss and YESSS for getting under the 20 stone : )
It sure is a great feeling eh!
You will easily get that 2.5 lbs off for next week - stay focused and motivated :)

Saturday April 12th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), Aldi yoghurt (1.5 syns), strawberries

L : (Out with friends - have checked the menu for where we're going) Piri Piri chicken or steak (6 syns for any oil) with JP and salad

D : HM chilli and salad

Snacks : Fruit

That looks OK and I've got some "spare" syns from Thurs/Fri in case there's more oil/butter than I thought in the pub grub. Will update later :)

NSV!!

Just getting ready to go out for lunch. Pulled a clean pair of jeans out of the drawer and put them on.

If I had done this : :bunnydance: they'd have fallen right off me. I did them up (just for the heck of it) and them pulled them back off without bothering to undo them :giggle: I'm going to keep this pair - they used to be a snug fit on me :eek:

Luckily, I have jeans in that drawer running from size 24 to size 18 so I don't think I'll need to buy any soon!

I did however buy some new knickers a few days ago. Treated myself to some decent sloggis - and they're a whole size smaller, too.

Non scale victories - dont'cha just love 'em? :winner:

Saturday - updated

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), Aldi yoghurt (1.5 syns), strawberries

L : (Out with friends - have checked the menu for where we're going) Piri Piri chicken (? syns for any oil) with JP and salad

OK - this was delicious, but I was expecting more of a dry chicken dish - rubbed with spice then grilled? This *was* rubbed in spice and grilled but it came swimming in a spicy tomato sauce. It was a lovely spicy tomato sauce but it was quite oily. I'm going to guess at 12 syns - that would cover the syns in 2 tablespoons of oil. Don't think it was quite that bad, but just to be safe :)

(I also ate two small slices of garlic baguette...so that's 9 syns :eek: )

D : HM chilli and salad

Snacks : Fruit

Weekly syns total - Day 3/7 - 43.5/105 - so that's OK because at 15 a day I'm still under if I average it out. Whoop!

Last edited:
Sunday April 13th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt, banana

L : Roast chicken thighs, Fry Lite roast potatoes and parsnips, brussels sprouts, mixed frozen veggies, gravy (3 syns)

D : Pork, stir fry veggies, noodles (3 syns for sauce)

Snacks : Banana, apple, clementine, Walkers Pops (4 syns)

Weekly syns total - Day 4/7 : 53.5/105

Monday April 14th 2014

EE today

B : Shreddies (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt, banana

L : Harbour salmon co. infusion fillets, mixed salad, salsa for dressing (1 syn)

D : Chicken breast (3 syns for seasoning) with new potatoes and either veggies or salad

HEXA : milk in tea

Snacks : Fruit, bag of French Fries (4 syns)

Last edited:
Just getting ready to go out for lunch. Pulled a clean pair of jeans out of the drawer and put them on.

If I had done this : :bunnydance: they'd have fallen right off me. I did them up (just for the heck of it) and them pulled them back off without bothering to undo them :giggle: I'm going to keep this pair - they used to be a snug fit on me :eek:

Luckily, I have jeans in that drawer running from size 24 to size 18 so I don't think I'll need to buy any soon!

I did however buy some new knickers a few days ago. Treated myself to some decent sloggis - and they're a whole size smaller, too.

Non scale victories - dont'cha just love 'em? :winner:

NSV are really the thing to watch for IMVHO - the scales can be a cruel mistress, but there's nothing better than having to do your belt up an extra notch, or an item of clothing that felt too tight suddenly feeling too loose.

Congratulations and enjoy it!

NSV are really the thing to watch for IMVHO - the scales can be a cruel mistress, but there's nothing better than having to do your belt up an extra notch, or an item of clothing that felt too tight suddenly feeling too loose.

Congratulations and enjoy it!

I agree wholeheartedly! The feeling on the scales can never compare to the feeling of having to retire an item of clothing because it's now too big!

Monday - updated

Was craving cheese this afternoon - so have turned today Red and had my 2nd HEXs as Ryvita and cheese for dinner. Doubt I'll want anything else, but have lots of fruit if required.

Red today

B : Shreddies (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt, banana

L : Harbour salmon co. infusion fillets, mixed salad, salsa for dressing (1 syn)

D : 4 Ryvita, 4 light cheese triangles, Marmite, thin sliced cucumber

HEXA : milk in tea
HEXA2 + HEXB2 : 4 Light cheese triangles + 4 Ryvita

Snacks : Fruit, bag of French Fries (4 syns)

Weekly syns total : Day 5/7 - 58.5/105

Tuesday April 15th 2014

Green today - still craving cheeeeeeese! :eat:

B : All Bran (HEXB1), strawberries, ML yoghurt

L : JP, beans, jalepenos, HEXA1 of cheddar (brought from home - the JP cart outside the office always gives you far too much cheese and theirs is a mild cheddar - I like mine so strong it makes your teeth squeak!)

D : Pasta n sauce with salad

HEXA2 : Milk in tea
HEXB2 :
Ryvita minis

Snacks : Apple, clementines

Weekly syns total - hmm, none at all today? That does tend to happen on Green days for me. Day 6/7 : 58.5/105

Have you seen the news about Alpen Lights? They're being reformulated to have more calories and less than half the fibre, so won't be a HEX anymore. It doesn't worry me too much as I rarely use them as a HEX, more as a biscuit. The new ones will be 4.5 syns each I think. There's a thread about it in the HEX section of the forum.

I think I need to drink more water. I've noticed my wee is getting a bit dark (sorry, TMI, I know!) and I just feel a bit sluggish. I've got a pint mug on my desk and access to ice cold filtered water and free NAS squash so it shouldn't be an issue! I think what I'll do is everytime I make a cup of tea, I'll refill the water glass too.

Last edited:
I think I need to drink more water. I've noticed my wee is getting a bit dark (sorry, TMI, I know!) and I just feel a bit sluggish. I've got a pint mug on my desk and access to ice cold filtered water and free NAS squash so it shouldn't be an issue! I think what I'll do is everytime I make a cup of tea, I'll refill the water glass too.

It's surprised me by how easy it is to fit in :) I've gone from no liquid (now I've obv cut out the fizzies and energy drinks) other than tea/coffee and the odd glass of juice/fresh oj/milk dotted here and there to drinking at least 8 glasses of squash a day. Four days in now and my skin is back to being hydrated as it had been really peeling and dry since I started the diet. It's all good stuffs :)

I've heard/read somewhere that if your wee doesn't go clear-ish during the day, you're not drinking enough water.

It's surprised me by how easy it is to fit in :) I've gone from no liquid (now I've obv cut out the fizzies and energy drinks) other than tea/coffee and the odd glass of juice/fresh oj/milk dotted here and there to drinking at least 8 glasses of squash a day. Four days in now and my skin is back to being hydrated as it had been really peeling and dry since I started the diet. It's all good stuffs :)

I've heard/read somewhere that if your wee doesn't go clear-ish during the day, you're not drinking enough water.

Yes - I've seen posters up in some workplace loos that show you what colour you should be looking for :eek:

Well, I've had three pints of weak NAS squash so far today and am going to squeeze another two in somehow this afternoon / evening. I've found a free app for my phone that sends me reminders to drink, so that might be useful. I am sloshing about the office!

Been thinking about it and I reckon I'd got into the habit of drinking a cup of tea when I felt a slight hunger pang - it gets rid of it for me and I don't feel the need to eat anything until I'm properly hungry. But I think they say you shouldn't count regular tea and coffee as part of your daily liquid intake because the caffine has diruetic qualities. So I *thought* I was drinking loads of liquids - and I was! - but I was weeing most of it out again. Oops.

Lunch was spectacular - JP with beans, hot peppers and some strong cheddar. I think I may have banished the cheese monster for a couple of days :)

I love SW :heartpump:

Back