Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Lamb curry is simmering away in the kitchen - it smells so good! Dinner might be a bit early tonight, I don't know how much longer I can hold off! :)

I shall go and have a bag of crisps to stave off the curry attack :)

I lasted until 1600....1.5 syns for the VeeTee basmati rice (only ate half but will count it all as I'll probably take the rest to work tomorrow for lunch) and 2 syns for the curry.

Excellent use of left overs :)

Attachments

• image-740407648.jpg
    image-740407648.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 29
On the way! It sounds better than the homemade-sort-of-hunters-chicken dish that's in my oven right now!!

Wednesday April 23rd 2014

Green today (decided at lunchtime that I needed cheese!)

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt

L : JP, beans, cheese (going to count HEXA2 and HEXB2 for this as it's a take-out and they always pile it on) jalepenos, mixed fruit salad

D :pasta with HM tomato + chorizo sauce (approx 6 syns) and salad

HEXA : Milk in tea
HEXB2 : Cheese

Snacks : 2 clementines

I've had a sneaky peak at the scales and it's looking good to shift that pesky STS from last week :whoop: (I hope I haven't just jinxed it!)

I think it must have been hormonal as TOTM is probably going to descend upon me tomorrow or Friday. I'd just never paid much attention to my cycle before - never needed to as I've not been trying to conceive so perhaps I gain a little the week before *every* time? Who knew? At least now I've been doing this for a few months I might be able to spot a pattern in the fluctuations.

Last edited:
I think it must have been hormonal as TOTM is probably going to descend upon me tomorrow or Friday. I'd just never paid much attention to my cycle before - never needed to as I've not been trying to conceive so perhaps I gain a little the week before *every* time? Who knew? At least now I've been doing this for a few months I might be able to spot a pattern in the fluctuations.

Your food looks beyond yummy!

I definately have a pattern, it's quite clear to see when you start looking at your weight every week!

Your food looks beyond yummy! I definately have a pattern, it's quite clear to see when you start looking at your weight every week!

Thank you :) It's the only way for me to sustain this for life - make good food that I enjoy eating. Otherwise, I'll just go back to the bad stuff. It doesn't feel like I'm on "a diet" except for having almost cut out alcohol. But I have had to do that, alcohol is one of the things I don't seem to be able to do in a moderate fashion. And me getting drunk leads to rubbish food choices! So I'll just have to live with that as being the best thing for my health in the long run.

I shall have to pay more attention to the numbers on my graph ;) (but I don't want it to become an excuse for eating what I like one week a month because "Oh, it's my hormones", you know?!)

I shall have to pay more attention to the numbers on my graph ;) (but I don't want it to become an excuse for eating what I like one week a month because "Oh, it's my hormones", you know?!)

I love your mindfulness, identifying your "dangerous" behaviours and acknowledging them is half the way to curing yourself of them. Well done, old bean! ;)

Well I missed hitting the teens and the new pants but I'm warming up my happy dance for the 3 stone shiny! Glad to see things are still going well hun, despite the little minor blips and the dratted lousy STS. But moving on and learning from those things are what will get you to the end of your journey lovely, so just keep plugging away. I'm behind you all the way - although don't turn sideways, I'll lose you the way you're going! ;)

3lbs off.

That's 3 stone lost and also less than 100lbs to go to target. (I started with 141 lbs to lose and I've lost 42.5 lbs)

I should be delighted but I'm oddly deflated (ha ha) this morning. Could be I haven't had enough tea yet :)

:winner:

3lbs is amazing and as for the 3 stone loss? FANTASTIC WORK!

That 100lb will be gone before you know it at this rate. Congratulations to you!

Well I'm delighted enough for both of us!:banana dancer:

Great job Theria! :happy096::clap:

Thursday April 24th 2014

I must have sounded a grumpy old so and so this morning....sorry :flowers:. This time it *is* hormonal. My period is imminent and I am a grouchy, snappy, achey, not-very-nice-to-be-around person.

Today will be Red

B : Aldi porridge (7 syns), banana

L : Nothing in the fridge that I could bring to work - I've eaten it all. Will have to nip out at lunchtime. Will get some cold chicken and salad. ML yoghurt with Alpen Light (HEXB1) crumbled into it

D : Cold chicken leg, Ryvita (HEXB2) + Dairylea Light (HEXA1) + cucumber, melon and grapes

HEXA1 : Milk in tea

Snacks : 2 apples, 1 clementine

Last edited:
Aw hun, you couldn't do grumpy if you tried! That was Mother Nature talking... Tell her I sent one of these: :copon:

3lbs is an even better result when she's stamping up and down on the scales as well! It'll pass soon enough lovely, hang in there. Can I suggest you write down what you want for lunch and ONLY buy what is on your list when you get there? You will be hungry and possibly still a little under the weather and it could be a dangerous moment. How about adding a little treat for yourself as well, like some yummy pre-prepped berries or a different hair product or a new gadget for the kitchen *mental note to get new garlic crusher* or a little bunch of flowers to brighten up your day?

Chin up hun, sending one of these to wrap yourself up in:
:bighug:

Thanks both :)

MaccaMarsh - just to prove I didn't go all out PMT- crazy in Morrisons here's lunch :)

I've also had an apple and a clementine so totally on track today.

Attachments

• image-4224148861.jpg
    image-4224148861.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 17
  • image-1563454273.jpg
    image-1563454273.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 19
Ha - I love the way that cropping the photos has made my ML look as big as my salad. It wasn't. :)

Friday April 25th 2014

Well yesterday's food diary has been amended - couldn't be bothered cooking when I got home so I ate the other cold chicken leg I'd bought at lunchtime (what can I say - they were yellow stickered and cheap, it needed eating!) and then some Ryvita and Dairylea for 2nd HEXs. Followed it up later with some chopped melon and grapes. So that makes yesterday a Red day and only 7 syns.

Today might be equally "picky". I did manage to go shoping last night, so there is a fridge full of salad and a bowl full of fruit at least :)

EE

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt

L : Tinned mackerel in tomato sauce, mixed salad, dressing (1 syn), bag of French Fries (4 syns)

D : Gammon stir fry with noodles (3 syns for sauce)

HEXA : Milk in tea
Snacks : Fruit - 3 apples and 4 clementines on my desk but I won't eat all those!

Happy Friday people! :party0019:

Last edited:
Back