Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Saturday April 26th 2014

EE today

B : WM pitta bread (8.5), bacon, tomato, cucumber, salad dressing (0.5)

L : L/o gammon stir fry from last night with Bilash egg fried rice (2.5)

D : SW Doner kebab, SW chips, salad, chilli sauce (1)

HEXA : Milk in tea
HEXB : Bag of Ryvita Minis

Snacks : Banana, apple ML yoghurt

Went for a haircut first thing - judging by the amount on the floor around the chair when I got up that's at least 1/2lb off!

Bought some new trousers for work - a whole size down. They are straight leg, not wide and they're fitted, too - don't have elasticated waists! They do fit, but I could do with losing a little more to make them hang better. I have one pair of the old ones left that don't threaten to fall off whenever I move so those will keep me going until the new ones fit better. But it's encouraging to know that they *will* fit nicely in a few weeks or so.

theria
you are doing brill

Oh new trousers! Hooray! I agree with Proncess, don't get too comfy in that size as it won't be long before you're going to have to be buying another pair!

Tuesday April 29th 2014

Hello all - thanks for your lovely messages :)

Missed a couple of days - been extremely busy :eek:

Anyway - yesterday was tricky as I was out all day at a meeting with another organisation who provided the catering. Lunch was the best choice of a loaded buffet - tuna mayo WM roll and some fruit. The ham salad would have been better - but it was in white bread and slathered in butter.

Today I'm back in my own office and more in control.

B : All Bran (HEXB), ML yoghurt, banana

L : Ginger and chilli salmon fillets, salad, pickles, salsa

D : Lamb curry and rice (3)

Snacks : Fruit

Lunch was the best choice of a loaded buffet - tuna mayo WM roll and some fruit. The ham salad would have been better - but it was in white bread and slathered in butter.

A little tip for you, if you can get away with it in front of your customer. Add the ham salad butties to your plate next time, then make yourself up a club sandwich by piling the fillings up on the brown bread (and ditch the white bread in the plantpot/out the window/down the back of someone else's oversized truzzies) ;)

A little tip for you, if you can get away with it in front of your customer. Add the ham salad butties to your plate next time, then make yourself up a club sandwich by piling the fillings up on the brown bread (and ditch the white bread in the plantpot/out the window/down the back of someone else's oversized truzzies) ;)

Hehe - that made me laugh :)

Unfortunately wouldn't have worked yesterday as there were only four of us sat round a big table - but I will bear it in mind for next time!

Wednesday April 30th 2014

Where is this year going? It's almost May! :eek:

Green today I think

B : All Bran (HEXB1), frozen fruit, ML yoghurt

L : JP, beans, jalepenos, grapes

D : WM pasta with HM sauce (bacon (HEXB2), chorizo (6 syns?), onion, tomato, chilli, garlic, herbs etc.)

HEXA1 : Was going to be cheese on my JP, but I might have some parmesan on my pasta instead
HEXA2 : Milk in tea

Snacks : Fruit, maybe a bag of French Fries (4 syns)

Last edited:
Hmmm....tea turned into a quick and dirty Pasta n Sauce with my HEXB of bacon (90g was three whole rashers - loads!) fried up with some spring onions all served on a bed of Cos lettuce and mange tout for crunch factor. It was v. tasty!

I really need to go food shopping, and I just couldn't be bothered waiting for a HM tomato sauce to simmer down. Can't go to Aldi hungry. Disasters would happen :)

So,still got a spare HEXA left but probably won't bother with it now. Only used 4.5 syns today as well. Hmmm...I've got a 10 syn can of cider in the fridge. Just the one. Hmmm......;)

Only 1lb off today - but it's a loss and I'm happy with it. Ish. It could have been more.

Thursday May 1st 2014

Right. This week is going to be 100%. All along I've been hoping for half a stone off per month - and to do that this month I'm going to have to lose 3lbs this week :eek: The only way I have a hope of that is to focus completely and JFDI!

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt

L : Likely to be fruit and perhaps an Alpen Light (2.5 syns) because I'm going to be really busy today

D : Pork chow mein with lots of stir fry veggies and noodles (3 syns for sauce)

Snacks : French Fries (4 syns)

Last edited:
Friday May 2nd 2014

Away all day at a conference - Green day

B1 : Banana before leaving home (bloody early - couldn't face bowl of All Bran)

B2 : Arrived at destination and bought an M&S Fruit salad

L : Managed to nab a plate of gluten free cheese salad (HEXA1 + HEXB1 due to amount of cheese!) that had been prepared for someone who didn't turn up. Win! Avoided the sandwiches! Fresh fruit for dessert

D : Pork (HEXB2 + 2 syns) chow mein with noodles (3 syns for sauce). Yes, I know I had this yesterday too. I like it. Plus, I can have it on the table in 20 minutes and it was better than a takeaway.

Snacks : Alpen Light (2.5), late night supper of 2 Ryvita and 2 light cheese spread triangles with cucumber (6), 3 extra strong mints (1.5)

HEXA2 : Milk in tea

Last edited:
Saturday May 3rd 2014

EE day

B : Half a grapefruit, WM pitta (8.5), bacon, lettuce, salsa

L : Pasta with HM chilli and salad

D : Beef yuk sung - minced beef with finely chopped veggies stir fried with sauce (3) served in cos lettuce leaves

HEXB : ?

Last edited:
Sunday May 4th 2014

EE again today

B : Half grapefruit, 400g WM bread x 2 (HEXB), bacon, LM Red onion sausage, lettuce, HP sauce (1 syn)

L : Chicken thighs x 2, "roast" potatoes and parsnip, carrots, sprouts, gravy (3 syns)

D : Pasta, HM spag bol sauce with chorizo (? syns - to be calculated later when it's made!), salad

Snacks : banana, clementines x 2

Tuesday May 6th 2014

So much for a 100% week. Huh. Bad weekend :break_diet:

(Well - actually, it was great weekend - but it will have done NOTHING for the numbers on the scale. Except perhaps increase them....Hey ho. Scenic route to destination it is then!)

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, Aldi yoghurt (1.5)

L : HM Veggie soup, potato and cheese "scones" (recipe from here - they're lovely!)

D : HM chilli, cheesey (6) chips, salad

Snacks : apple, banana, satsumas

Last edited:
Yep, I had one of those weekends too! Ever onwards hey? Don't throw the rest of the bouquet away away just because one flower has died, and all that jazz...

Cheese scone recipe looks interesting, I will give that a try. I think it's technically a "tweak" because you're not using the instant mash the way it was intended, but I reckon it's worth a go! I'm always on the hunt for new "comfort" foods, especially those that involve cheese!

Hang in there hun, dust yourself off, forgive yourself, and get right back at it. Let's do it together!

Back