Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Yep, I had one of those weekends too! Ever onwards hey? Don't throw the rest of the bouquet away away just because one flower has died, and all that jazz... Cheese scone recipe looks interesting, I will give that a try. I think it's technically a "tweak" because you're not using the instant mash the way it was intended, but I reckon it's worth a go! I'm always on the hunt for new "comfort" foods, especially those that involve cheese! Hang in there hun, dust yourself off, forgive yourself, and get right back at it. Let's do it together!

It certainly is a tweak, but I figure that as long as I eat them as part of a meal, and not just because they're "free" it shouldn't be an issue. I hope. I wouldn't normally touch cottage cheese with someone else's barge pole....but these are genuinely OK :)

Onwards and downwards. Or possibly along a bit....

Mmm cottage cheese. Has to be the sainsburys be good to yourself one. The Longley Farm (?) one is naaaaasty.

Onwards and upwards from the weekend, love! :) xx

It certainly is a tweak, but I figure that as long as I eat them as part of a meal, and not just because they're "free" it shouldn't be an issue. I hope. I wouldn't normally touch cottage cheese with someone else's barge pole....but these are genuinely OK :)

Onwards and downwards. Or possibly along a bit....

Yeah, I'm a bit like that with "tweaks". My consultant reckons they're OK if you're happy with your weight loss, but if you're not then they should be the first thing to go. Sounds like sensible advice to me.

And is it just me, or is cottage cheese suddenly hideously expensive? When did it become something like one whole of your finest English pounds for a 300g tub? Modern-day highwaymen! I stock up on the Tesco everyday value ones, I think they do an onion/chive one too so next time I'm there, this recipe's on my list! Hang in there hun, hopefully Thursday's weigh-in won't be as bad as you're worried it might...

Wednesday May 07th 2014

Right, EE Day today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, Aldi yoghurt (1.5)

L : Harbour salmon co. salmon fillets with chilli and ginger, salad, pickles, salsa

D : Chicken chow mein with lots of veggies and noodles (3 for sauce)

HEXA : Milk in tea

Snacks : Fruit, half a Krispy Kreme doughnut :eek: (estimated 8 syns)

*That* does not feel like I'm on a diet :)

Last edited:
lovely day again i love salmon x

Just a pound this week - but after the choices I made I'm feeling :party0049:

Onwards!

Thursday 8th May 2014

OK - new start for a new week :)

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, Aldi yoghurt (1.5)

L : JP, beans, jalepenos, salad

D : Lamb leg steak (marinated in Nando's Extra Hot sauce - 3 syns), SW chips, salad

HEXA : Milk in tea

Snacks : apple, banana, clementines

Those "just a pound"s are four stones over a year! Good for you hun, if you're happy with the balance of living and losing then you're getting it right. Here's to another great loss! Mind if I join in with your happy dance? ;) :party0049:

Those "just a pound"s are four stones over a year! Good for you hun, if you're happy with the balance of living and losing then you're getting it right. Here's to another great loss! Mind if I join in with your happy dance? ;) :party0049:

I'm sure I could lose more if I was stricter. But I'd like to have a life too ;)

I'm happy with this weeks result, I'm happy with the food I'm eating, I'm happy with it all :whoop:

Those "just a pound"s are four stones over a year!

What she said :D You've got to be realistic and keep going in a way that's sustainable to you - you can do it! :D

:party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:

My word....dinner was good :)

Lamb leg steak, cut into chunks, marinated in hot sauce and skewered onto kebab sticks with red onion and cherry tomatoes. Grilled until crispy on the edges. Served on rice (decided not to chips as I had JP for lunch so potatoes twice in one day probably overdoing it!), with a huge salad.

Nom nom nom.

Attachments

• image-3667678216.jpg
    image-3667678216.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 33
Not checked in for a couple of days...oops! However, I have NOT fallen off any wagons, it's going great this week! I'm enthusiastic, loving my food and sticking to plan 100% Hoorah for the weekend :)

Edited to add today's food : Red

B : WM pitta (HEXB + 2.5), bacon, LM red onion sausages, salad, dressing (1)

L : beef yuk sung (mince, fried with finely chopped onion, pepper, celery, carrot with sauce 3), served in gem lettuce leaves. Banana

D : two small chicken breasts done on the George Foreman grill, mixed frozen veggies (cauli, broccoli, carrot), gravy (3)

Snacks : apple, plum

HEXA1 : milk in tea
HEXA2 :
HEXB1 : WM pitta bread (I use Aldi's - they're 8.5 syns, so I tweak it and say it's a HEX plus 2.5)
HEXB2 : 1 Alpen light bar old style

Last edited:
Sunday May 11th 2014

Red day today - but help with lunch needed :)

B : All Bran Golden Crunch (HEXB), strawberries, blackberries, Aldi yoghurt (1.5)

Tried the Golden Crunch variety as I got a box yellow stickered as it had been bashed about a bit. Cereal itself is lovely but 30g hardly covers the bottom of the bowl :eek:

L : Pizza Express Restaurant - Salmon Leggare salad (minus avocado as I don't like it), coleslaw, a few drops of chilli oil (2 syns?), double espresso with one sugar (1 syn)

Now - I can't find the salmon salad or the coleslaw on Syns online. The salad was just plain leaves, roasted peppers, sweet onions and red onion with some roasted salmon flakes. Delicious, but no idea of syns. Lower than any of the pizzas though :innocent0002:.

I've just put the coleslaw numbers through the Syn calculator with Cabbage as free food and it comes out as 8.5 syns per portion - that feels about right. Do you think I could get away with calling the salad, extra chilli oil and coleslaw 20 syns in total? :fingerscrossed: I can't calculate the salad numbers because obviously the nutritional info on the web site has the salad with the avocado which I didn't eat. Gah. Anyway, I'm not going to stress about it. I made a healthier choice and it tasted lovely :)

D : Chicken salad with cheese (HEXA1), dressing (1)

Snacks : Ham, fruit

HEXA2 : Milk in tea
HEXB2 : Ryvita

Gah. Bit of a disaster last night - the hot water cylinder sprang a leak. Cue hot water gushing everywhere at a massive rate of knots!!!

I'm in a rented place, and luckily the Landlord is an absolute sweetie. I rang him in a complete panic last night, up to my ankles in water and he dashed round. We tried to mop up as best we could, and thought we'd stopped the water....but it turns out we haven't. I have had to take the day off work. Firstly because I got no sleep last night - kept getting up to mop puddles of water, and second because I couldn't go out and leave it all day :eek: it's just a slow leak, but it's so bloody relentless!

I had to go out once to take many many black bags of soggy carpet and wrecked cylinder insulation to the tip. I was only gone for 30 minutes, but I was worried all the way! I drove back past McDonalds and various take always and you have no idea how tempted I was to stop. However, I resisted....

Today hasn't been brilliant (esp. for Superfrees) but it's better than having to report I scoffed a zillion syns of burger and fries!

EE probably

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, blackberries, Aldi yoghurt (3.5)

L : Chicken and bacon salad (1 for dressing)

D : Don't know yet...Landlord is coming back with equipment to STOP the leak. I hope.

HEXA : milk in tea. Gosh there's been a lot of tea.

Snacks : pasta and sauce (1.5) - no Superfree with this!, banana, clementines, Walker's Pops (4.5)

Right.....well the leak has finally been isolated and stopped. Phew. I can stop mopping, thank god. I no longer have a dry towel in the place! Might get some sleep tonight, rather than getting up every couple of hours.

I'm afraid dinner turned out to be the quickest thing I could yank out of the freezer. HM lamb and chickpea curry (3) and Vee Tee basmati rice (1.5). I think that takes me slightly over 15 today but I simply don't care. Too tired. Also, no additional Superfree with the curry, although it was full of tomatoes and onions. Again, don't care.

Bed very soon.

Well done for your choices in a time of crisis, thats something to be proud of too :)

we started SW at a similar time and a similar weight. Well done on your losses so far, I hope to get into the 19st bracket tomorrow too.

Oh Theria well done on coping with all of that, you poor thing, I've been through it and it's really horrible.

But you can relax now and keep dry - and give yourself a huge pat on the back for avoiding the bad stuff - champion! :)

Thank you both - got a decent night's sleep so I'm feeling a bit better this morning. The house looks like a bomb's hit it - floors up and dust and dirt everywhere from the upheaval, but at least there's not water leaking out anymore :)

Hi Theria - well that sounds stressful. I expect you've got a mountain of laundry now just to add insult to injury!

Back