FAILED already :-(

very_trying

Can't believe I've just ate a cake and a choc bar, groan. I wasn't feeling sad but i felt a bit light headed and felt i needed a sugar rush so i ate the cake i brought home for my kids from the kitchen i work in and bought a choc bar on the way home.

I was doing so well...............just want sympathy :cry::cry:

Noooooooooooo!! Oh sweetie... :(

Well, come on, chin up - you now know how rubbish you feel so take stock of that, and don't do it again. That 'light headed' feeling was probably to do with you going into ketosis (assuming you've been doing it a few days? When did you start?) Now you've eaten that amount of sugar, you will be back to square one and will have to go through it all again.

It sucks, but it is worth it when you get through it and your energy kicks in, so perservere!!

If you've only just started, then I would really re-evaluate your reasons for doing this, because if you aren't fired up now, then you won't last two seconds weeks/months down the line when people say you are looking good and 'just a bit won't hurt'...

Carbs are addictive and evil, so I really do sympathise, but to do Atkins you've got to be prepared to acknowledge that and stick two fingers up to them and tell them you won't give in. :)

Good luck getting back into it - we are here for you if you have a week moment again x

Started on Saturday.
Yeh it was that "oh it's only one" feeling.

I was feeling really confident and then it was "Oh go on!"

Bugger, I'm gonna do this or Die Tryin.:eek:

I haven't read much into this ketosis thingy. Will have to look it up.

((((((hug)))))) its just a blip - just get back on track - feeling light headed could have been you going into ketosis... Maybe get a couple of Atkins bars that are allowed on induction for 'emergencies' such as these. They helped me I didnt have one every day and still dont but I keep some in the cupboard - just in case i 'need' something like around TOTM xxxxxxx

What they said - just a blip. Like any habit, reaching for carbs for whatever reason can be a tough one to break, it's something we've probably done for a very long time. But (even as a recent lapser) I do believe it can eventually be broken. If these blips didn't happen we wouldn't be able to learn about dealing with them and moving on. That didn't even make much sense to me, hehe, but I hope you see what I mean. You can do this if you really want it, one day at a time xx

Oh dear - here's a hand back up on the wagon:)

If you haven't yet take a look at the sticky - lo carb and cheating. Really useful info. Also agree that atkins bars are designed to save us! If you use them to think that can eat chocolate everyday then beware as they can stall you. If you use as an emergency lifeline....they're fab:D
Xx

Thanks for the help guys.
Will read sticky later want to watch Body Farm on bbc 1.

Ta ta xxx

Back