Failing Lighterlife and trying to start again

Jodie

Hi people,

It has been a few months since I was last on here and I expect a lot of you have reached your goals by now, so well done to you all.

My story is not so successful. I started Lighterlife in November, lasted until Christmas without being naughty, was a little bit naughty over Xmas and then gradually got back into my old habits, until I had stopped the diet completely, gone back to all my old habits (bingeing, eating loads, eating rubbish, eating late) and put all the weight (2.5 stone) that I had lost back on. I have now being trying to get back onto the diet for about a month, but last max a day before I get bored/ cave in. I think part of the problem is that there is nothing exciting this time round as I already know what everything tastes like (and have even tried making crisps etc from the packets).

I was wondering if anyone else has been in this position? What did you do about it? How did you/ Did you manage to sort yourself out and lose weight again and eventually keep it off?

Thank you,
Jodie
xx

Hiya Jodie,
welcome back :p

Have you been in touch with your counsellor and asking about returning to the programme? There's some new packs that have just come out, so maybe theres a bit of excitement for you lol you dont know what they taste like!!

Have you tried having extra packs, just to get you back into the swing of things, and then gradually working your way back to the 4 packs? I know this works for some peeps, may be worth a try...

Also do you keep a diary? every time you are tempted go write in your diary, or do something to keep you busy...

I have come to the conclusion over the past few days that I'm an 'impulsive eater!' ( actually I did discover that before but think I've put it to the back of my mind lol) I don't give myself long enough to talk myself out of it.... does this sound familiar to you?

It is possible to be successful second time round, once you get your head in the right place, sure you'll be successful too :p

HTH
Geri
x

Hi Jodie,

Have you thought about having three packs and one protein meal with low carb salad like lettuce n spinach.

I'd try that for a few weeks!

Nas

Hia Jodie,

I am sorry to hear about your problems with LL. I know you say that your story was not successful, but look for a moment at the bigger picture.

I have learned to look at my dieting life (all thirty years of it) as a journey. All the 'mistakes' I made over this time have been preparing me for this moment. The lowest point in my life when I was prepared to commit to doing LL. It took me six months after I had heard of this programme to finally be ready to do it. I was not an easy decision for me, but once I had decided, I knew that nothing would stop me succeeding. For me, failure would have far-reaching and devestating consequences. I knew that this would be my last chance.

So, there I was in August almost chosing life or death. And chosing life.

You Jodie, may have a longer way to travel before you are really 'ready' to commit. Have a really good think about it because LL is not for the faint-hearted. It is the most difficult and easiest weight loss programme you will ever do.

Restarting LL and completing the programme again will be much more difficult (as you have already acknowledged), but it IS possible to achieve your goal....if you are prepared in your mind to be 100% committed to staying 100% on the programme. Are you desperate enough? Are the consequences of another failure unthinkable? Are you psychologically ready to commit 100%, whatever stands in your way?

If there are any doubts, don't do it.

Hi Jodie

Soooo sorry to hear about your problems on LL....I have just started myself so still have a good few months before goal... but I am sure if you give yourself a good kick up the arse you will manage to do it...

Well good luck in the future

Love

a fellow Jodie xx

Hi Jodie

Join the club! I'm an LL struggler and restarter.

My background is that I did LL for 6 months last year, was a perfect role model for the programme - not straying once and lost 6 stone. I started Management but then moved house last October to a new area without an LL group. Since then I realised that my perfect approach to the programme was only because of my adaptive child and without the group support I fell off the wagon and like you
put back on 2 1/2 stone. Oops. Have struggled since January to restart and have lost the same 10lbs over and over again. Sorry that I can't give you any insights on getting your mojo back but I just wanted to give you my support and let you know that I totally understand.

The comments by the others before me on here make sense, especially about you rejoining a LL group. I finally made the decision to go back to LL even though I have an hours drive each way. This is because I realised that group support is all important to me. I'm starting a challenge with my new group tomorrow and hope that this time I will finally succeed and keep the weight off.

BTW take heart that it can be done. AmandaJayne is a total inspiration (and I can say this with confidence having met her in the flesh). She did what I did in succeeding, but has done so much more in following maintenance. AJ, I love ya!

Do keep a diary though. I have recently spent time analysing my diaries from last year and they are so motivational when you need that extra boost on a particularly bad day.

Good luck hun, keep in touch with your progress. We can support each other in this, ok?

Jodie,

I've just read Westiegirl's (Sarah) post here and I'm really glad she's replied to you. If anyone has a fantastic and inspirational thread, it hers. In fact, it was Sarah's original LL thread which helped me. It will be somewhere on this site and is definitely worth looking for and reading if you can. She has a new one on 'strugglers and restarters' too.

I can reiterate what she says about starting your own diary thread - not only will it help you to write everything down, it will also help others who read it!

Best of luck anyway, whatever you decide!

:grouphugg: You can do it but as AJ says you really have to really want to! Like AJ my life was pretty miserable fat and I felt very out of control with food. I simply got to the stage where I'd had enough and LL is the way for me to shift the weigh & never ever go back to where I was before. Its an individual journey & for me its possibly te realising that I can cope with life without food that I take forward. It really is quite liberating & I cant recc it enough. Big hugs & hope you resolve this for yourself.

Hi everyone.
Thank you so much for all your support. I really appreciate it. I am definitely an impulsive eater and so giving myself an extra half hour to wait before bingeing could work in stopping me being naughty I hope - I am going to give it a try definitely.
I am actually starting today. Its 9:43am and so far so good. Had a bit of water and am not craving anything too badly. Yet.
Does anyone know anything more about these new foodpack flavours?
Sarah (westiegirl), how are you? Have you managed to get things going?
Thank you guys again, Jodie xxxxxxxxxx...

I need to get into a class, but only if there will be a proper group this time as I feel I missed out on not having a real group last time (there were only 2 of us and sometimes I was on my own). I need one that would be in the evening or on weekends though, because of work. Is that the same with you too?

Hi Jodie
good luck with your restart. You'll be in ketosis in no time! I've tried the new flavours and they are much easier to mix than the old ones.
x

Aaaaaaaah! I failed! I got to 9:30pm on Saturday and then was so desperate to eat I ordered a stupid amount of food. I then said I would do it today, but I did the same thing again. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day! Its just so scary that I won't be able to eat for at least 4 months. Also, I originally had a goal of being 63kg by the end of March. I am starting a postgrad course in September and wanted to have a new wardrobe and be slim by then, but now theres no way I can reach my goal on time.... Any advice? (And sorry to moan!) xx

your a smart girl , I know that
you just need to get your mind set right
and than just do it........
I went 5 mo with no food, and to tell you the truth I really cant remember not eating now
I lost 61/2 stones , Im not a poster child for this diet I slipped up I got to one stone from my goal and gained 2 stones weight back
Life................
for me ,now is the time.
I have 3 stones to lose and I want to have a tummy tuck and a boob lift , I have a Dr appt in aug and I want to be close to my goal before I see the Dr. ,and I will be. Jodie , your young and pretty dont let you weight get in the way of you life.
just do it. I wish I had at your age.
not to make a pun , but you need to think about what your gaining from this diet [yourself , who you want to be]
let me know if I can help
I will be in class 7pm on thur.
my best Susan

Back