Failure

fed-up-and-fat

hoping for a good loss
Am a total failure, feel really crap about it now. Why oh why couldn't I resist. Stupid failure:mad::mad:

Work last night was quiet, for a change, and there was so much snacking bits out on the side. I resisted for a few hours and then the pretzells were shouting at me. I tried so hard to resist, even put them in the cupboard bit they still shouted at me and I ended up giving in.

Am so cross and so upset. Have sabotaged it and there is noone to blame but me. I was picking out of boredom. I tried to find things to do, but once all the jobs were done I gave in.:break_diet:

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Really am full of self loathing

Dont hate yourself for it, we all make mistakes :).....

Here is your line I have made it for you dont do it again!!

get back on it....would you like an ass kicking?!

ass kicking might just be what I need hun.

Is very hard not to hate myself. Wouldn't be so bad if it was just one or 2, but it was an awful lot I ate. Thanks Megan

Charlie xx

RIGHT.
You and me.
Lets get on this. Yesterday was my 1st day back on CD after xmas and I managed to convince myself that since I forgot to weigh myself before starting back I should eat loads of crap last night and re-start today.
Weighed this morning and it was not good. put on about 6llbs since stopping for xmas on 19th Dec ( a little early I know, but balls, parties etc etc). I was really annoyed because yesterday at work I was SO good. drank 2 litres of water, porridge for lunch and no snacks / cheating. Then when got home ballsed it all up.
So day 1 today.
Lets keep each other motivated. Lets focus. I have done it once already and know it can be done.
what do you think???
Lets aim for today - SS NO CHEATING!
Claire x:p

Come on ladies we can do it!!!! Since re-starting on the 28th of Dec i have two major blips however still managed to lose 8lb in my first week! I so very nearly gave in to the dreaded temptation last night but didnt and today i feel fantastic. Just draw a line under it, you cant change it, its done, but its gone. Move on and look to the future

xx

Thanks Claire. Will listen to you sat on my shoulder today. Am just having a porridge now and then going to bed for a few hours. Will really try, promise.

Jules, thank you also. Is great to know I am not the only one who gives into temptation. Is so hard. I try really hard to be strong and stay motivated, but can't always acheive it. Really hope it hasn't ruined all the effort so far, although sticks tell me I am no longer in ketosis -(. Dreading Wi tomorrow now

Charlie xx

Dont worry about it Charlie, You may, like I, be pleasantly surprised by your weigh in, My blips were far worse than yours and i still lost.

xx

Hi hon next time the snacks shout at you shout back NO i am not going to eat you i don't need you. Keep glugging at the water i am sure not too much damage will have been done.

I am sure by if you keep posting and getting the support from the girls and guys on here you can keep on the straight and narrow and be losing lots and lots

Good Luck xxx

I had a bad day yesterday and ate some oatcakes but I have learned to stop and not carry on eating for the whole day. Its a blip, not the end of your diet and you are not a failure. Boredom is my big downfall as well. Some days I can't leave the house due to bad weather and these are my worse days. Try and distract yourself.
Good luck
Maro

Ok, let's think about this....you ate some pretzels....I have known people on day 1, 2, 3 eat pizza !

What you need to remember is that people think if you eat something you won't lose weight, but the fact is your calories are less so you will lose anyways, if you had been eating normally you would have consumed many more calories than on CD (with a few pretzels) !

Ketosis is not what makes you lose weight, keotisi is what makes it easier......it makes you not feel hungry anymore.

So I wouldn't worry too much about the pretzels, they may have taken you out of ketosis, but the fact remains you have had less calories....so let's stop, think, grab a shake and get on with the job in hand.

I know how hard it is getting into ketosis, and struggling with those hunger pangs (I am on day 3 of restart) I also have a diary in the 100% board which lasted over 100 days showing how I felt (frustrated, angry, happy, lighter, extatic etc) a whole range of emotions !

You have decided to make this journey and no one said it would be easy (well it does get easier I promise), and you are not a failure for having pretzels, this is real life, we are all human and I for one admit to being overweight due to greed, boredom etc.

Now, you need to go and read others stories about how we have coped, and minimins is your life saver I promise x We are all here going through the same feelings........

I don't wanna see that F word again, you are a star starting the CD journey !!! (with me, and 1000's f others on here) !

Big Good Luck for today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would say that we are only human. Hating yourself for having a bit of a blip will only make things worse, I think self loathing is a huge part of why I stuff rubbish in my mouth day after day, I dont feel I 'deserve' to respect my body by eating sensibly, its a viscious circle isnt it. Although I havent started CD yet, I know how it is as I did lipotrim last year. The important thing is to find the love for yourself, then move on. Whats done is done and cant be undone, like others say, draw a line under it and keep going. Thats where the strength comes from, recognising the blip but having the courage and strength to carry on regardless. When you wrestle with the thoughts of 'should I shouldn't I' in your head the fight is always lost as usually (for me anyway) I manage to convince myself that I should eat something, that side of me always seems to win the argument. So I found what helps, and this may sound a bit strange, when i got the urge I say quite clearly in my head 'I am not going to eat and that is the end of this conversation!'. It seems to work because I then refuse to even give into that inner dialogue that goes on in my head. Talk to yourself and firmly say 'no' to the arguments for and against. Normally i'm so busy doing that I forget I wanted to eat in the first place! Keep going hun xx

I did this, too!

RIGHT.
You and me.
Lets get on this. Yesterday was my 1st day back on CD after xmas and I managed to convince myself that since I forgot to weigh myself before starting back I should eat loads of crap last night and re-start today.
Weighed this morning and it was not good. put on about 6llbs since stopping for xmas on 19th Dec ( a little early I know, but balls, parties etc etc). I was really annoyed because yesterday at work I was SO good. drank 2 litres of water, porridge for lunch and no snacks / cheating. Then when got home ballsed it all up.
So day 1 today.
Lets keep each other motivated. Lets focus. I have done it once already and know it can be done.
what do you think???
Lets aim for today - SS NO CHEATING!
Claire x:p

Hi Ladies,

My son went back to Uni and left his large Toblerone in his room -- and, last night, I figured I better it all now before I start back, so I won't cheat once I'm on the diet (started today). LOL
I think this is called the Bachelor Party Diet Plan: you get it out of your system before you truly make that commitment. Soooo... we're through being "unfaithful" let's take our weight lost "vows" seriously from this moment on... can I hear you both say, "I DO!" I know "I Will".

MM

I have had a number of false starts since coming off CD in November 09, and I am now on day 2 and determined to stick to it. Please make a fresh start and you will be fine once you have got past the first few days x

i think sometimes once some people have a blip and they feel so bad about it they then can carry on with the diet 100%, its like its out of your system. So next time the snacks are shouting at you just think how you felt last night and how you dont want to feel so bad again
get back on track today, you can do it :)

Hey hun, so sorry you're struggling. I think it's all already been said but draw a line, get back to it, you're not a failure, you can do this, it'll all be fine, it will get easier & GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK!! x x :hug99:

Last edited:
Hi

Happy New Year!!

I'm hearing you all...! I'm not starting back until every last bit of "Christmas Food" has gone from my house. I'm not going to be wasting my time or energy (or money!) by starting tomorrow morning and spoiling it by tomorrow evening... I'll get everything out of my system and I'm not starting until i'm good and ready.

If there were pretzels in my house, I would have eaten them too. Goddammit - there's still the remnants of tins of chocolate in my office!! My willpower is good... but it's not that good!!

And it's not the end of the blinkin world if we don't get to the end of day one!!

I hate feeling guilty. It's a new year... i want to feel good - not filled with guilt!! I'm not going to be beating myself up about eating!

When i'm ready (not long away - I can feel it!!), i'll start and I'll be angelic - again!!

Good luck everyone... we know we can do it!!

Lynne
x

hiya,

firstly youre NOT a failure.
a failure would be someone that messed up and then gave up. you have not done that, you are back on track and going to get this weight off. Thats not a failure, thats just a human! dont be so hard on yourself!!

thanks guys. Have woken up more positive. Had a sneeky peak on the scales just now as official weigh in is tomorrow. Only 4lb -(. I know I am a bit in water retention though from my night duties and am a little bunged up. Suppose 4lb off is better than 4lb on

Back