Faint Dizzy

hike

I woke up about 5am this morning, slept about 4.5 hours (typical), went outside on my patio, and I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out. I leaned over a chair for about 20 seconds, walked inside, and immediately went to sit down by my patio door but sort of sat and fell. I started to sweat even though it wasn't hot, felt my tummy was upset, and rested there for about 40 minutes before I had to get in the shower for work. I've felt fine since, but I am wondering what caused that? Had I not leaned over the chair, I would've fainted. I am on my 8th day... 5 days attack, 3 cruise. Oh, and my blood pressure is typically on the lower end of normal, if this matters. Could it be a lack of salt thing?

Have any of you experience anything like this?

Hi
I have always been such a fainter and what you've described is exactly that
If your usually somehow that eats alot more sugar and salt and it can be your body adjusting or the typical reason for fainting is because your body can't cool down enough, this can be caused by temp, working out and lack of food,
Just monitor is but after attack your body is working so hard it could just be a slight hissy fit, just really up your water today and you'll be fine
Xxx

Thank you for your reply, Laura. I appreciate your advice. I don't care much for sweets, but I love salt and have not used it since I started the diet 8 days ago. I asked my sis if this has ever happened to her, and she told me pretty much the same as you. She keeps salty nuts in her car, at work, and at home, and she pops a few if she feels this way. I think I will add some salt back, since nuts just aren't on my plan now.

Apologies if this a rude question... but do you smoke? I do, and if I have 1 in the morning before I eat anything I can guarentee that I will faint! x

I must admit I haven't cut salt out of my diet completely. I have always always had salt on my eggs, be them boiled, fried, scrambled. Also i like different salt herb mixes in a grinder which are great for putting on salads when no dressing is made.

A lot of recipes we use ask for salt and pepper in them so a little is still ok. use a grinder instead of the fine salt in a shaker.

Hope your feeling better hun, go careful x

I'm the same as dukannotsofaty. I wouldn't could it out completely. You need salt to function. I'm not a big salt fan, but I do include it only because I know (after some blood tests a few years back) my sodium levels tend to be on the lower side of normal.

Back