Fainted....had to eat...help!!!

glitzybug

Hey guys!
Need advice from some of the more experienced LT'rs!!!! I fainted during the week, was told my blood pressure was quite low. Dont know if this had to do with LT? I had been out for a half hour walk with my daughter in her buggy, nothing strenous and once got in the door, felt woozy and next thing on the ground:cry: I was told to eat something so have had 2 salad sandwiches and some chicken and salad over the past two days. Not sure what kind of affect this will have on my weight loss next week or my inch gain on my waist. Have been doing so well but my stomach feels bloated after the food and I think my face is a little too.....so disheartening as people were starting to notice the weightloss. Had my first wedding dress fitting at start of the week and its already too big on me :D I want to keep going so it will keep getting looser! Doctor told me to come off it but I dont want to do that....what should I do??? :confused: My biggest concern is eating the food....can anyone tell me what kind of affects this has?
Desperate Glitzybug X

Firstly, are you ok now?

You are probably feeling bloated due to having the bread. Carbs like that have to be introduced slowly after TFRing as if not then your glycogen stores can fill up quickly and you might end up putting weight on.

How come you ate on the other days too? were you still not feeling right? Not critisising or anything, just curious.

But if you are worried about this and with your bp being low i'd defo go to the doc and get yourself checked out and tell him you are on a TFR diet and he will be able to let you know if your body is 'well enough' for you to do such a diet.

Last edited:
Hi Glitzybug,

How are u feeling now? I would certainly go to the doctor to get the once over. I am glad for u that your wedding dress was loose :)
like Summergurl said u are probably bloated because of the bread.
I can't offer u any real advice except see your GP but I can share my experiences with u. I have always had low BP, so I was nervous about starting LT but so far I haven't fainted or blacked out, but I very often feel very weak and tired (this is understandable because of VLCD) however I know I'm getting everything I need from the LT and that my body is using its reserves for energy but still sometimes I feel weak, in this situation I just lie down and make sure I have a shake and some water. Like I said I've never passed out but usually this small rest works a treat for me.
Maybe don't be as active for a few days and give your body some rest. I am guessing you are out of ketosis after eating the bread so the next few days u will feel hunger pangs, good luck with whatever u decide on and let us know how u get on, take care

hiya the same thing happened to me two years ago on tfr and i came off it but after i went to my doctor i was sorry i had he told me it was loosing so much weight so quickly and not to over do it on anything so i think maybe you relax a little on the long walks the food pro has taken you out of ketosis but you should get back in to it quicker cause you didnt eat that much if you ever think you need to eat again try stick to the refeed dont jump stright in with bread alsoi maybe contact your chemist or the lipotim helpline to get more information i know with me it was cause i had a late night and hadnt drank anything and i smoked a fag and next thing was i woke up so be careful and keep sipping that water

hey Glitzybug, sorry to hear you are unwell. How are you feeling now?
with you suffering from low blood pressure, a total food replacement diet may not be the best thing for you. Why don't you look into doing something like Lighterlife Lite, or one of the cambridge plan diets where you have an evening meal? With the food that you eat being high-protein, low fat, you are still in ketosis but getting extra calories. Definately do some research into it.

I lost 10 stone 2008/2009 for my wedding, and got married in a size 14 rather than size 26 so i completely understand why you want to continue, but TFR is not for everyone, and you really have to look after your health for you and your daughter.

Good luck Glitzybug, i hope you feel better soon and find the right diet for you.

oh, and congrats on the wedding dress, that must feel fantastic!!! x

Hi TanyaJane!
All ok now which is great :) I still felt quite shaky which is why I ate again on the second day. Since then the dizziness is gone and I finally have my energy levels back again. Doctor reckons could have just had a bug as I was getting sick too and the fact I was getting no food, my body just couldnt cope with it all. Of course he doesnt recommend the diet but I told him I've been fine on it all along and if the fainting happens again I will try an alternative like the cambridge etc.
And can you believe I still lost one and a half pound this week :D sooooo happy!
Firstly, are you ok now?

You are probably feeling bloated due to having the bread. Carbs like that have to be introduced slowly after TFRing as if not then your glycogen stores can fill up quickly and you might end up putting weight on.

How come you ate on the other days too? were you still not feeling right? Not critisising or anything, just curious.

But if you are worried about this and with your bp being low i'd defo go to the doc and get yourself checked out and tell him you are on a TFR diet and he will be able to let you know if your body is 'well enough' for you to do such a diet.

Hello!
I am great again thanks! Can you believe I still lost one and a half pound this week, sooooooooo happy :D I dont normally suffer from low blood pressure but I reckon I had a bug at the time and my body just couldnt handle it all...so decided to shut down :confused: Anyway, finally have my energy levels back and the hunger is gone....AT LAST so onwards and up.
Thanks for your message X
PS your weight loss is fantastic :)

Hi Glitzybug,

How are u feeling now? I would certainly go to the doctor to get the once over. I am glad for u that your wedding dress was loose :)
like Summergurl said u are probably bloated because of the bread.
I can't offer u any real advice except see your GP but I can share my experiences with u. I have always had low BP, so I was nervous about starting LT but so far I haven't fainted or blacked out, but I very often feel very weak and tired (this is understandable because of VLCD) however I know I'm getting everything I need from the LT and that my body is using its reserves for energy but still sometimes I feel weak, in this situation I just lie down and make sure I have a shake and some water. Like I said I've never passed out but usually this small rest works a treat for me.
Maybe don't be as active for a few days and give your body some rest. I am guessing you are out of ketosis after eating the bread so the next few days u will feel hunger pangs, good luck with whatever u decide on and let us know how u get on, take care

Hey Monkey30:)
I am well again thanks! Thanks for the other diet suggestions, have been researching them over past few days and think they may be the ones for me. Now I am feeling great past few days so will see how I go for another week or two and may switch to one of them if I start to feel faint again.
Yea the wedding dress is my big inspiration to keep going. I ordered it in a size 18 and it already needs to be taken into a size 16 and hopefully will be a 14 by the time the wedding comes...only ten weeks away. I tried it on for my mam the other day and she started crying....so sweet. I feel great in it. I'd say your dressmaker was delighted that your dress had to be taken in so much :8855: X

hey Glitzybug, sorry to hear you are unwell. How are you feeling now?
with you suffering from low blood pressure, a total food replacement diet may not be the best thing for you. Why don't you look into doing something like Lighterlife Lite, or one of the cambridge plan diets where you have an evening meal? With the food that you eat being high-protein, low fat, you are still in ketosis but getting extra calories. Definately do some research into it.

I lost 10 stone 2008/2009 for my wedding, and got married in a size 14 rather than size 26 so i completely understand why you want to continue, but TFR is not for everyone, and you really have to look after your health for you and your daughter.

Good luck Glitzybug, i hope you feel better soon and find the right diet for you.

oh, and congrats on the wedding dress, that must feel fantastic!!! x

Well done Glitzy!

I'm delighted to hear you are ok and it wasn't anything too serious. Thats great, 1.5lbs!!! you must be thrilled. Once the doctor says it was just a bug then I think you are ok, see how you get on with LT (its great for losses) but if you feel like you need to have a meal as well you could try another version of a VLCD! Please keep us up to datw with how you are getting on,
Mind yourself :)

and good luck with your wedding plans!! so exciting, you will be beautiful!

hi i just wanna say that i too fainted on week four ( now on week 11) i just put it down to not drinking enough and working longs hours , but so far fingers crossed i have felt fine sinc and usually wen i do deel dizzy its co si havent had enough water , i expalined it to my mum as my body telling me to follow the rules :) glad to hear you still lost weight xx

hi i just wanna say that i too fainted on week four ( now on week 11) i just put it down to not drinking enough and working longs hours , but so far fingers crossed i have felt fine sinc and usually wen i do deel dizzy its co si havent had enough water , i expalined it to my mum as my body telling me to follow the rules :) glad to hear you still lost weight xx

Hi Operation Slim,
THanks for your reply, my computer broken for past few days so only getting back to ye now. Its good to hear other stories similiar to my fainting so thanks for that. Feeling brilliant the past week and finally have the energy that EVERYONE is talking about. I lost another 3lbs this week, am so happy. My stomach is disappearing (along with my boobs :p) but I dont mind the loss of the latter as my wedding dress looked fab on me the other day.....what a motivator X

Hi Glitzy,
Please post pictures of you in dress, sounds like the dress will be too big! Good luck on your big day xx

Back