Fair, forty but not fat!

If you're anywhere near by, you're welcome to a half dozen! Nice free-range, organic fed hens who do lay particularly nice eggs.

(Not that I'm biased ;) )

Fresh eggs are amazing. Much, much nicer than shop bought ones. The yolks are more orangey and you can actually see the difference when you're poaching or (in the hubby's case) frying them because the yolks stick up so much more.

Plus I like the hens! They're hilarious and always pleased to see you!

We're in North Yorks these days and will probably stay put until the kids grow up.

Fresh eggs are amazing. Much, much nicer than shop bought ones. The yolks are more orangey and you can actually see the difference when you're poaching or (in the hubby's case) frying them because the yolks stick up so much more.

Plus I like the hens! They're hilarious and always pleased to see you!

We're in North Yorks these days and will probably stay put until the kids grow up.

Oh so far away!! My parents live in North Yorks tho!

It's a nice place to be :)

More of the same today, but we have a babysitter tonight, so we're off out for a meal somewhere. Thinking about Yo! Sushi again as the crayfish salad is lovely, plus I can have a couple of miso soups without any guilt at all! You've got to love that soup - there's hardly any calories in it at all.

Failing that, maybe a bit of Gnomeo and Juliet might fit the bill? I can have a diet coke and imagine I'm eating popcorn - or save up enough cals and have some sweet snackajacks... Decisions, decisions!

Mostly I'm imagining losing the next 3lbs. That's going to be quite a milestone - 2.5 stones gone and halfway through the amount I want to lose by my birthday. It's TOTM, so it's unlikely to happen by this Friday - if the past two months are anything to go by, I'll have a slight stall before the weight comes off again. Still - it can't be far into the future!

We always sneak caramel snack-a-jacks into the cinema, so tasty! Much better tasting than popcorn. Have a nice day whatever you do x

Caramel snack-a-jacks are seriously more-ish. The problem I have with them is in stopping at one bag :/

The scales are my friend today. I seem to be a whole 1lb down since Friday, so I'm definitely heading in the right direction with 2lbs to go before the next mini-target.

My mood is all over the place at the moment - sometimes I'm feeling really good and "YES!" I can do this. This is fab. The next moment, I'm wondering if I'll ever make it. The weight is coming off, but I can't really 'see' much of a difference. I know I'll stick with it because there's no point in coming this far just to give up, but I really wish it was a bit more obvious.

I'm seeing my mum tomorrow for the first time since Christmas. I've lost 1.5 stones since then. I suspect she'll not notice either. Ho hum :(

She might! Please dont get down because its the worst thing and will make you eat! Have you got any pictures from the 'before' times? Go and look at them :)

I don't have any pics - I couldn't bear facing any, so it's been a good while since any were taken. I do have my old jeans though, and those are massive on me now, so that helps :)

Funnily enough, my eating habits have never been particularly bad. The weight gain was predominantly through a health condition and 3 pregnancies. You can see by the low cals I'm on just how difficult the weight in to shift - it either comes off in big clump when I'm eating 600-800 cals or if I'm on 1200-1500 a day I don't lose anything at all!

It's just one of those things. I'm grateful that it is actually coming off. I was genuinely worried at the start that it wouldn't :)

Thanks for the cheer-up though. I do appreciate it :)

Good day for food today:

Breakfast: Tea with a Go Ahead apple bar
Lunch: Miso soup and two rosemary and sea salt crackers
Snack: Snack-a-jacks (caramel)
Dinner: mixed leaf salad, tomatoes, rocket and dressed crab

Scratch that. The dentist has cancelled, so we're not heading north after all today. That means I can get on with my essay - which is always a danger zone. It's when I've always done a bit of snacking and is probably the dodgiest bit of my eating habits.

I've stalled on this essay for long enough, so today needs to be the big write up. I have an allowance of a bag of snack-a-jacks and a small pot of olives for nibbles, so I'm not exactly going cold turkey on the snacking, but it is restricted to 150 calories.

I'll feel happier at the other end, but totally dreading it!

Things seem to be chugging along ok this week. A peek at the scales this morning says I'm 2lbs down so far, so there's a chance it might be 3lbs by Friday. Fingers crossed - I'd really, really love to hit that target this week.

Looking for something interesting to do with crayfish for dinner tonight - had them with a home-made sweet and sour dressing last time, but fancy a change. I fancy Chinese, but that's no good without rice, so I think I'll have to be a bit more inventive.

Meanwhile, it's back to the essay. So much for a week's holiday!

Ooooh: Cajun Crayfish... Think I'd do it with fresh onions and fresh garlic to keep the salt content down, but this does sound rather nice!

Cajun Crayfish (15)

Ingredients
1 lb large crayfish tails, peeled
1 tb Fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Onion powder
1/4 tsp Thyme
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Red pepper
1/8 tsp Black pepper
Lime wedges

Instructions

Toss the crayfish with the lime juice in a bowl. Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, red pepper and black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the crayfish and toss to coat well.

Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat until hot. Add the crayfish and cook for 3 minutes. Garnish with lime wedges.

Food today is going to be quite straightforward. I've got loads of work to do, so no real time to cook. Poached egg for breakfast, cup-a-soup with rosemary and sea salt crackers for lunch, and chicken breast strips with salad for tonight. I've got some grapes to nibble on during the day and that's my lot.

Somehow I've got to fit in a hair cut this week. It's been ages and it's getting far too long to be manageable without tying it back a lot of the time. It's only a couple of inches shorter than my waist at the moment, so some of it has to go!

But first, there's a deadline I need to meet!

It's weigh-in day tomorrow BUT the scales today have put me on the full 3lbs lost - which means I'm halfway :bliss:

That sort of news can't keep to myself until tomorrow. I'm so excited! The next 1lb to go is on the downward slide to the finish line! YAY!

So, that's 2.5 stone gone forever, 7lbs to go by the end of March and 2.5 stones by early-to-mid July. It's definitely do-able, and I'm hoping that I'll be jeans shopping again in early April.

Back to the physio today. The tai chi isn't going brilliantly, but any movement has to be good. I'm a bit achey today, but don't care because I've lost all that weight :D :D :D

So, that's 3lbs down for me this week. If the last couple of months are anything to go by, the week after TOTM is the one where loss slows or stalls. I have no idea why that might be, but it'll be interesting to see if it happens again. Hopefully not! Even a 1lb loss would be a good one (although 2 would be a lot better ;) )

Today's menu is going to include some beef. I've not eaten much red meat at all lately, so it's probably best to get some in there. Think I'll do it in a roast red pepper sauce with my salad for tonight. Other than that, same old same old today:

Breakfast: tea with a Go ahead yoghurt break
Lunch: szechuan soup, cheese thins and a banana
Dinner: roast pepper beef and mixed salad. Strawberries.

Not sure what today's menu is going to be. I've started off with a poached egg and some tea, but there's not a lot in the cupboards, so a supermarket trip seems inevitable. I've got a little bit of chicken and pork in the freezer, so I might use that up first and postpone the shop until tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the chickens are finally about set to go into their new run. They're going to have so much more space in there and it'll be nice to be able to get at them without crawling over muddy ground! It's all very posh, but after all the DIY the lawn now needs reseeding. Work is never done!

Yeah, we have four. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it as a hobby as they're lovely girls! And totally hilarious.

One of them is going broody at the moment, which is a bit of a pain, but normally they're really pleased to see you and come galloping over. It is cupboard love, if we're totally honest, as I always have mealworms for them - but who cares?

Plus the eggs... mmmmmmmmm :)

No weight loss at all since Thursday - 4 days - which is a bit grim, but I'm being good, so there's not much I can do about it. I'm back to work tomorrow which makes temptations much easier to deal with as I don't have time to think, let alone eat!

Hopefully I'll be 1lb down by the end of the week. There's 5 days to go, so my odds are quite good. I'd love to know why this mini-stall happens after the end of the TOTM when everyone else seems to get it before/during. Trust me to be weird.

The chooks are loving their new home, although I ended up telling one off this morning for screeching before 9am. OK, so she'd laid a HUGE egg, but that's no excuse. ;)

Back