Fair, forty but not fat!

Another 1lb down this morning, and there's the slimmest of chances that I could possibly lose another by Friday. It would be brilliant to get to 40lbs gone and update my little sparkly star in my sig line. I'll probably be close but not quite! Still, there's always next week.

I've got smoked haddock for tonight - just for a change. Lots of blueberries to trough my way through too. I do like those. 100g of blueberries only works out at 50 calories. That's a real score in my book!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I dunno - I can barely inspire myself most days let alone anyone else ;) Thank you very much for the encouragement - that really does help :)

I've been good today. Just managed to close the cupboard door on some snack-a-jacks and put the haddock on to cook instead. The smell is now driving the cats wild, so it's quite entertaining!

Busy evening ahead (loads-a-work) and a stressy day tomorrow at work. Hopefully I won't even have time to think about food! I am determined to get there - I can't come this far and give up - but I do have sneaking thoughts of being bored with it all now and eating all the leftover fruitcake in one mouthful.

Delish!

I've got a high-pressured day at work today and I'm struggling with all this at the moment. I've been in a fairly decent headspace for a while, but there's a heck of a lot of difficult things going on at the moment (none of them within my control but things I have to deal with nevertheless)

Somehow I've got to get into my thick head that a 2lb loss this week (which is looking most likely) is actually a real achievement and it doesn't matter that it's not 3lbs. I suppose deep down I'm terrified of this not working - which is completely irrational as I can see it working.

But there it is :(

Going to get 100 cals of custard in there somewhere today as a feel-good foodie treat. Hubby's bought me the next charm early (I'm still 3lbs off that target) but has insisted it goes on the bracelet. So now I have guilt too - as I haven't earned it yet!

You are doing so well, you should be very proud of yourself!

If we didnt have doubts we wouldnt be human;)

Sometimes we just need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture as we can get tunnel vision and lose track of what we have achieved, and you have achieved so much!

My advice for today, for what its worth try and find a few moments to just reread your diary, look at all the times you have entered a loss, how well you have done and then see if you still feel any guilt!!!

Your husband knows that 3lb is as good as gone and thats why you got your charm early :).

Keep up the fantastic work and good luck!

You're doing so well! I'm so impressed by how motivated you are with sticking to it all!! Well done and please keep it up because I know you can do it! xx

I just want to say a big thank you to all three of you. I feel completely dazed and exhausted today (yesterday was awful, but I came through the observations with flying colours) and I think the stress was making me think I was bound to fail with everything.

Feeling a bit wobbly today but the scales this morning for the official weigh in have laughed long and hard at me. Out of absolutely nowhere, another 1lb has vanished overnight - taking me to my 'unachievable' target of 3lbs gone for the week.

I shall hide in a corner now and let you all say I told you so ;)

40lbs gone. 2lbs to go until the 3rd stone has gone. Next week?

Wow moog, you are such an inspiration I can't believe you only started dieting at the end of last year you've lost loads well done , you've inspired me to try and diet again I was supposed to start in jan but I do a couple of weeks then fail every time, I'm going to get weighed tomorrow cause we've got an Indian meal planned for tonight and I'm going to start tomorrow hope I can do as good as you, you should be so proud of yourself you've done brilliant and bet you do get your 2lbs next week good luck :).xx

Hi moog, wow 40 lbs loss is fantabulous Hun, n I bet ya, that end of next week u will be 3 stones down. U've been doin so brilliantly n am so so pleased for ya, u go girl.
;-)
Xx

And it's Saturday again. Going to walk into town to have a grown-up cuppa in a cafe with the hubby. I need to pick up a few bits and pieces that I'm running out of. Then we're picking up youngest from school (eldest is boarding this weekend and middle 'un is in respite so we can catch up on sleep) and heading out to the Leeds-Liverpool canal to have a bit of chill-out on the water this afternoon. Should be good :)

Food for today could be a bit patchy. I'm finding it difficult to locate food I can eat when we're out and about. I've had a go-ahead bar for breakfast, but will need something slightly carby for an early lunch to stop me from getting travel sick. Slice of toast and a poached egg maybe? Or a cup a soup and a bag of snackajacks. Other than that, it's chicken in ratatouille for tonight's meal. Haven't had it in ages, but Linds' diary reminded me we used to eat it loads and for some odd reason just haven't lately. Looking forward to it :)

Thank you v12345 and Sazbirl for the positive thinking. Stuff like that really helps :)

Wow moog, you are such an inspiration I can't believe you only started dieting at the end of last year you've lost loads well done , you've inspired me to try and diet again I was supposed to start in jan but I do a couple of weeks then fail every time, I'm going to get weighed tomorrow cause we've got an Indian meal planned for tonight and I'm going to start tomorrow hope I can do as good as you, you should be so proud of yourself you've done brilliant and bet you do get your 2lbs next week good luck :).xx

Seriously, if I can do it then you definitely can. Stick with it and you'll be amazed at what comes off. I wasn't expecting anything much, so it just goes to show!

I'll get my pom poms out, ready to cheer you along :)

Hi moog, thankyou I'm going to my mums later today so going to get on the scales then fingers x I can get this weight off, and I'm going to keep reading your diary for inspiration cause you are a star at losing the weight.xx

Hiya just been reading through your diary. It's amazing how far you've come. Doing a similar thing myself, only day 3 and seem to give up on everything after a while so really hoping to stick to it this time! How many calories are you sticking to daily?
Well done!

I've put on half a lb since Friday. No idea how, but there it was on the scales this morning - staring at me. It's probably just water retention, but annoying all the same!

I'm going to have a 'be kind to myself' week, so not expecting much if anything in terms of weight loss. The aim is to catch up on sleep and rest as much as I can. Roll on my holidays :)

Hi Moog,

Have been meaning to post in your diary for a while because I really enjoy reading it! You have done so well - don't worry about the extra half lb that was there this morning - I'm sure it will be gone by the time you have your next weigh in!
Keep up the good work :D

V
xx

The half lb has gone this morning, along with an other half lb, so it's heading in the right direction.

I'm forgetting to record food on my phone app sometimes now, so that really doesn't help to see an overview of where I'm at and where I'm going in terms of a balanced diet. I need to kick myself into touch with that one ;)

Today's food will involve in some sort of way - blueberries, yoghurt, Waitrose luxury seafood entrees (which are amazingly nice for 80 calories!) and some sort of Covent Garden soup. There'll be some steamed veg or salad in there somewhere as well.

Here's to a good week all round :)

Hiya just been reading through your diary. It's amazing how far you've come. Doing a similar thing myself, only day 3 and seem to give up on everything after a while so really hoping to stick to it this time! How many calories are you sticking to daily?
Well done!

I've every admiration for you following the diet you are. I'd love it to bits because the weight loss in brilliant, but I'd find it really, really hard to stick to! Good luck with it - it looks like you're doing brilliantly so far :D

I'm on pretty low calories (but under medical supervision) so I'm probably not the ideal calorie counter to watch unless you bear in mind that most people would need another 400 calories on top of the things that I eat. It's still a pretty varied diet and it's a wonderful excuse to eat loads of seafood (which I love) so I can't complain too much.

I think the thing that's helped most is thinking that this is a change to the way I eat for life. I'm just going to adapt my eating plan now to allow for another 400-600 calories per day on the other end. The sorts of things I'm eating are going to stay pretty similar for the rest of my life. There's no way this weight's going back on again!

Haven't lost much this week (not quite a lb so far) but I have shrunk by an inch all over - which is brilliant :) I would absolutely love to be 2lbs down by Friday as I'm getting heartily sick of this third stone and I'd quite like a new stone to do battle with for a while.

It can't be far off, even if I don't get there by Friday.

It's my middle child's birthday on Sunday, so I'm going to have to bake a cake. I've been avoiding that (other than Christmas) for the past few months, as it's quite hard to resist a slice or three. It can't be helped. I'm just going to have to smile sweetly and crunch on some lettuce instead...

1lb down so far this week with 1lb to go before this blasted 3rd stone has gone. I can't wait :D

Late night at work tonight, so I'm hoping that a packet of snack-a-jacks will stave off the hunger pangs between lunch and getting home at 7.30pm. Hubby's been given instructions and I'll have a nice poached salmon fillet waiting for me when I fall through the door!

Hopefully going to get a chance to go shopping this weekend for a pair of jeans the next size down. I don't think I'm quite there yet, but I'm not far off. It'll be good to have a pair I can keep checking in with until they fit properly. Hopefully they'll be fine by the end of this month or early next. I love dropping dress sizes ;)

Back