Fair, forty but not fat!

I think that part of the problem with that is that I can't get a break. When I'm not at work, I'm home with the 3 kids, one of whom is disabled and needs constant supervision day & night. 4 hours sleep a night is a good one!

Anyway, enough of the pity party - I've lost over 1lb so far this week (2 by Fri?)

MmmmmChocolate!

Seriously, don't worry about it. I can resist chocolate, but have serious problems walking away from Doritos!

Hey moog, your an inspiration, iv been on my diet a whole week and im still the same weight as I was...Im eatin healthy but finding it hard to count the calories im eating :( which sucks, but like you im not gonna give up.........im not weighing myself til monday now. Are them covent garden soups nice? are they expensive? x

I use MyNetDiary to track my calories. It's an app on my iPhone and is brilliant for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

If I can lose the weight then anyone can! You'll be shedding the pesky lbs before you know it!

Covent Garden soups are gorgeous. I love the broccoli and Stilton. Pea & ham is also a favourite. I think they're about £2 a carton.

I'm a big fan :)

Oooooh sounds lush Moog - how many cals in one of those soups (pr serving) x

They vary from soup to soup. The pea and ham one has about 175 cals for half the carton (300mls) which does me fine.

There's a whole site that'll show you the soups and their calories here: New Covent Garden Food Co.

I hope you find some quiet time soon... at work at the moment I'm taking longer to pee... nice sit down, in a quiet place, 5 mins to rest and collect my thoughts!!!

You make me feel grateful for the fact that I can leave the stress at work and although I don't ever finish on time, at least I am going home to a nice rest. You are amazing for what you do for everybody!!! x

I feel a good way short of amazing. Mostly grumpy and sleep-deprived. Last night was horrible - a car alarm went off outside the bedroom window at 1.45am and no one came to turn it off. Then there was a power cut... What a night! (And not in a good way either)

Yesterday was a good one and the sneaky peek at the scales is showing that 2lbs are gone already this week. It's actually not quite a full 2lbs as it includes that last tiny little bit that I needed to get to the 3 stones gone mark. I've recorded that in my ticker already, so it's another 1lb gone from there. My first lb of the 4th stone gone. :D :D Would be nice to get a friend to join it by Friday morning...

Chicken for tonight's meal, probably in a pesto sauce of some kind with the usual salad and all the trimmings! Lunch is going to be soup with blueberries and a few sneaky Mikado chocolatey thingies! Breakfast is green tea (we're out of milk) with a poached egg.

Need to make more yoghurt. No enough calcium today :(

Still trying to catch up on sleep. I'm shattered!

Physio this afternoon and hopefully they'll be pleased with me. I'm feeling quite a bit better overall and the weightloss is helping a bit with the symptoms too. It's my last session for a while - after this I'm just being left to get on with monitoring and trying to build up my stamina for a couple of months. A bit scary, but I'm optimistic I'll get there.

Today's food is a blank canvas. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to eat. There are some crab sticks and prawns in the freezer, so I might trawl the recipe books to see if I can come up with something different to do with them this evening. The nectarines need eating, so I'll have those with some yoghurt for breakfast to make up on the calcium shortfall yesterday. And something for lunch... Time to raid the cupboards.

Hoping for a full 2lbs loss tomorrow. I've been very good this week, but time will tell :)

Good luck at physio, bet they will be well impressed with you, just like the rest of us!!!

Good luck for weigh in too, come on lbs give moog a big smile!!! x

Physio is pleased with me. I've got to keep it going now for the next couple of months...

As far as the scales go, I've been gradually dropping all week and 2lbs had gone on Thursday morning. I weighed myself this morning and it had miraculously gone back on over night. I don't think that's particularly likely as I had an angelic food day yesterday and had a fairly intensive physio session - so it looks like water retention.

I'm not sure what to do about recording my weight this week. A STS? A 2lb loss based on Thursday's reading? I think for the sake of my sanity, I'll record a loss and balance things out if need be next week. Feeling thoroughly demotivated :(

I hate it when the scales screw me over!!! I usually give myself another day to see what happens... so if you want to count Thursday I say go for it!!! It's your plan, you can do what you want, and the most important thing is that you stay positive so if that means weighing early or late then so be it!!! xxx

Quick post from the car to say thank you to you both and to let you know that the weight has gone again this morning along with another quarter lb!

Maybe it's my scales?

The scales will be fine, it's just one of those things that happens sometimes... where you off to? x

Spent the day looking at narrowboats. We're saving up for one at the moment, but it's fun to indulge in a bit of window shopping now and again. Got about another year to save and then we should be on the water (with me in a size 10 or 12 hopefully!)

Back