Fair, forty but not fat!

Still on the same weight. Might just be my body catching up with myself. I hope so anyway. I really don't want to drop the calories any further without regular medical appointments, and it would be infuriating to be doing 1000 a day and not lose any weight. My metabolism is completely shot, and maintaining calories are about 1500 a day.

Weigh-in day tomorrow. The bigger picture is 4lbs down which is a great first week (and a bit). Chin up and onwards :) Thanks so much for the support Squeezy - I appreciate it :)

You've plummeted down the weight this week, so pretty sure your body is playing catch up.

As long as you keep going you will keep losing weight. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You're not going to see a drop on the scales every single day, just doesn't work that way unfortunately. Why don't you just weigh yourself weekly to stop you seeing the days the scales don't change?

I know :/ The daily weighing habit is a bad one, but I did it all the way through last time too. It's kind of reassuring for me, because my body doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

Narrowly avoided pizza last night. Caught myself saying, "Oh go on then, just a slice," then backtracked rapidly onto a Go Ahead apple bar. It wasn't the same but so worth it this morning because another lb has gone, getting this week off to a fab start. 9lbs to go until the first stone. I can see it on the horizon. YAY!

Now I've got to be good across the weekend and get back on the cross trainer. I avoided it last night. This is going to hurt...

Good day yesterday. A bit of a walk in the morning, and stuck to the calories very well. I'm impressed I didn't end up face-first in the garlic bread, but I resisted!

Lovely salmon parcels for lunch. It's been a while since I had those. Mmmmm.

Good news on the scales today - I'm another lb down. If last week's anything to go by, that'll be it for the week, but a 2lb loss is a 2lb loss, and I'm very grateful to be having it. It means that the half stone is only ONE LB away! It's so close. I can do it, I really can.

I'm having a late breakfast at the moment, but once it's settled, I'm off on the cross trainer. I really can't put it off any longer. This may be a mistake as it's work tomorrow, but we'll see. My ME is better controlled than it was when I last started a diet, but it's going to have to be gently, gently, gently with the exercise and the most excruciatingly slow build up to anything that really does resemble exercise. Today's plan is a gentle 1 mile walk - and an absolute maximum of 20 minutes on the cross trainer. Pathetic, I know, but if I overdo it, I'll be bed-bound for a week, and no one wants that ;)

How's everyone else doing? x

Well done on more loss.

Me and my fella are about ready to kill wach other... thats a lie, l'm ready to kill him... he's too laid back to commit murder, and feels the same about packing... argggggghhhhhh!!!

Good luck on the cross trainer, take it steady on the first session. Xxx

Well done on more loss.

Me and my fella are about ready to kill wach other... thats a lie, l'm ready to kill him... he's too laid back to commit murder, and feels the same about packing... argggggghhhhhh!!!

Good luck on the cross trainer, take it steady on the first session. Xxx

I remember threatening divorce last time we moved. Hubby eventually ended up paying extra to get some boxes packed for us!

Cross trainer was a complete bust. Possibly my fault for starting on Level 4, but by the time I was 8 mins and 0.4 miles in, I knew I'd hit my limit. Feeling very shaky now, but it's a start. Alternate days on the same setting and working up to a 10 minute stint is the way forwards. It'll take me about a fortnight, but I'll get there. Then it's nudging to 15 and then 20 mins. End of Feb and I might be able to compare it with gentle exercise. Hate this bit.

Weight maintaining from yesterday and no physical crash. We're doing ok here!

One problem looming on the horizon - we've been invited out to dinner on Friday night. Given my usual evening meal intake is 400-500 calories, this is going to be a problem - especially when I add wine to the mix. I've been teetotal since starting the diet, as alcohol crashes my metabolism. It'll be lovely to see our friends. I don't know whether to have one cautious night off (after really cutting back this week) or maybe I should drive, so I can stay off the booze. Gah...

Yay, glad no crash!

I hate deciding between food and booze... I just want both!!! That said, like you I know wine really fluffs up my weight loss so will be trying to avoid it unless it is a truely special occasion. X

Food, not booze then ;) I'll have a slightly restricted week, so I can have a bigger meal on Friday without too much worry. Maybe a fast day or two? Got to be worth a try.

Today was good: Belvita for breakfast, chicken salad with mandarin pieces for lunch, and tonight (feeling a bit queasy so not eaten much) some mince in a Mexican sauce. Couldn't face the baked potato... :(

Quick drumroll please...

HALF A STONE GONE!!!!

Whoop dee whoop whoop!!! Well done lady. Xxx

Whoop dee whoop whoop!!! Well done lady. Xxx

Thank you very much. Not in your amazing weight loss league, but starting to get there. Again!

Back on the dreaded cross trainer tonight, despite not getting home from work until nearly 8pm. I dropped the resistance right down and managed 10 mins plus warm up and warm down. I think that's a better place to start, so same again on Thursday. If that holds steady I can either do it for longer or increase the resistance slightly on Sunday. It's meant to be alternate days but we're away at the weekend, so a bit of wandering around London's going to have to do instead!

Hope the box packing is getting closer to being done x

No crash this morning, but a bit wobbly. I'm going to have to be careful today not to overdo anything. Weight is steady on the scales so that really is half a stone gone :D :D :D

Food is falling into a bit of a pattern - either Belvita or yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, a salad with either meat or fish at lunch with some sort of fruit medley, and the evening meal does alter quite a bit depending on what's in the fridge! I'm staying under target. Not as low as last time's cc-ing, but still round the 1000 calories per day. I'm willing to drift to 1200 calories if I need to, but equally, if I'm not hungry and 800 has filled me, I'm not going to kill myself there either.

I think with Friday's night out, the trick is going to be to eat very lightly through most of the day, and try and keep 1000 calories for the evening meal. Not ideal but it's probably the best I can do :/

It's going abnormally well this week. That's another lb off on the scales talking me to 14st 9. This is coming off faster than I thought it would, so maybe Friday won't be a complete disaster after all. I do hate that bit - going out for dinner somewhere should be a real pleasure (and it is) but I'm working so hard on staying 100% and it was so hard to get my mojo back, that I'm worried about it. My body's been amazing so far (8lbs in 2 weeks is the best it's ever done!) but I'm coming up to TOTM and I think I may be in for quite a bit of annoyance and frustration next week.

Patience does it. I lost 5 stones last time, and I've got less than that to lose now. In fact, I think it's only 30-something lb to get back to where I was. I can do that. I really, really can.

Another night where I'm getting in just before 8 and I've cross trainered it again. I think the trick is getting changed and getting on the thing before I sit down and turn into a couch potato. 12 minutes on Level 2 and it feels ok. I can't go back on until Sunday, but I'll set it for 15 mins then and see if I can make it.

Lots of water and then sum mussels for dinner. The rest of the family had pizza. Bah!

So, it's 4 lb for this week, official on the scales this morning and 8 lb running total. Feeling happy with that. TOTM, so could well be a bit of a stall this week coming, so we'll see.

Off out tonight, so need very restricted intake during the day to compensate for a bigger meal tonight. Add to that a weekend away, and let's hope I've stayed the same by Monday!

Just got back from London, and suspect I'll be a lb up at the moment. If I work hard, I should be a STS by Friday, which will do me well. I didn't eat particularly badly, but with a night out on Friday AND eating out last night, it's not boding well.

Still, a fabulous weekend filled with fabulous people. Well worth it :)

Back on the straight and narrow today with a gorgeous chicken salad for lunch. A stir fry is cooking away, now with some gorgeous prawns and lots of veg.

Feeling very up and down with the diet. I can do it, I know I can, but I'm feeling quite 'meh!' about it all at the same time. Might be time to get the size 14 jeans back out to see what I need to aim for...

Back