Fallen off... need a kick!

daisydaisy

I've been plodding along quite happily on CD for a couple of weeks now, losing 9lbs in the process. However, I started to allow a little bit of chicken here and there, which turned into a little bit of chocolate, which has now turned into a full scale eating fest. Got on the scales yesterday and had put 5lbs back on, in just a couple of days!!! Didn't even dare look today.

I really, really want this and only have a couple of stone to lose - so why can't I just get on with it? We're only talking a few weeks out of my life, so what's wrong with me? I was doing so well, and am so annoyed with myself for being so weak.

For the record, I lost 4st with LL two years ago, so I know I can do it and the VLCD is the only way I've ever been successful. I keep trying to lose my regain with CD but just keep falling off the wagon... but each time I fail I'm getting more and more jaded and negative about it.

Can anyone offer any advice for a serial re-starter? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for reading...

I've been plodding along quite happily on CD for a couple of weeks now, losing 9lbs in the process. However, I started to allow a little bit of chicken here and there, which turned into a little bit of chocolate, which has now turned into a full scale eating fest. Got on the scales yesterday and had put 5lbs back on, in just a couple of days!!! Didn't even dare look today.

I really, really want this and only have a couple of stone to lose - so why can't I just get on with it? We're only talking a few weeks out of my life, so what's wrong with me? I was doing so well, and am so annoyed with myself for being so weak.

For the record, I lost 4st with LL two years ago, so I know I can do it and the VLCD is the only way I've ever been successful. I keep trying to lose my regain with CD but just keep falling off the wagon... but each time I fail I'm getting more and more jaded and negative about it.

Can anyone offer any advice for a serial re-starter? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for reading...

Hiya - don't beat yourself up....it IS hard......

have you tried the 790 plan ?? you might find that a bit easier to stick with cos you can have some protein and veg/salad every day...losses on 790 are around 10 to 12 lbs per month.....almost as good as SS....

think it's harder doin this second time around....but please dont be so hard on yourself......you CAN do this......

Maybe write down WHY you want to lose the weight - don't want to be overweight and uncomfortable in the Summer, want to fit back into clothes you love, special occasion to slim down for ?? anything at all really that's important to YOU.....

try to focus on how you feel when you think you want to eat... then distract yourself for a few minutes to ride out the craving....brush your teeth, phone a friend, clean the bathroom (erm....maybe not !!) ANYTHING to stop you eating......

hth

Debz xx

Hiya,I id CD last year and lost 4.5st but have put it all back on and am nearly 1/2 way there to loosing it again.I have to say though last year I found it a breeze,I never cheated and the weeks flew by as the lbs fell off.This time however I am finding it a daily struggle,I think i am in a comfort zone and keep thinking a bit won't hurt etc etc
Just try and keep at it,I have my mind focused on a big night out we have planned for 4weeks time,in that week we also have my sons and my husbands birthday and a very important appointment so that week I will take 'off'.By then however I am aiming to loose 2stone or as near as damn it.
Cddietgal x

Hi daisydaisy,

There is no doubt about it, it is very hard. This is my second time round. The first time i lost over a stone in couple of weeks. That is all i wanted, a quick fix for my hols. This time however, i know im in it for the duration and that has made it even harder. I am aiming to loose around 4 stone and have nearly completed 1 wk on SS. So far,in 5 days, i have lost 10lb but it has been soooooo hard. Thankfully today has been the easiest so far. You just got to keep that little devil off your shoulder, it does'nt matter if he's trying to convince you that just 1 bite is'nt going to make a difference coz IT IS! Its only you that can control your feelings.
It is encourageing when you go into ketosis though, then you know you are on the right road.
Good luck and don't give in or give up x.

Thanks for all your replies and encouragement - it really has helped and I'm going to stay focused on my goal. I'll sleep on things and I'm sure my mood will be more positive tomorrow. Also the weekend will then be over and I'll be back in my usual work routine, which I'm sure will make things easier. I can do this, and I get so much inspiration from coming on here and seeing others succeed.

Thanks again, and best wishes to you all xxx

Good Luck to you honey - you can do this and you WILL do this.....keep positive and stay strong.......

(((((huge hugs)))))

Thanks for all your replies and encouragement - it really has helped and I'm going to stay focused on my goal. I'll sleep on things and I'm sure my mood will be more positive tomorrow. Also the weekend will then be over and I'll be back in my usual work routine, which I'm sure will make things easier. I can do this, and I get so much inspiration from coming on here and seeing others succeed.

Thanks again, and best wishes to you all xxx

Glad you're feeling a bit better......and you're right - you CAN do this :)

hopefuly you'll feel more positive in the morning......

good luck !!

Debz xx

You can and will do this hun!
we all have the tempatation and cravings and little slips off the wagon, but remain focussed hun and the end goal will see you through the bad times!
FF x x

Back