False Start

janetljones

Well I turned last week in to a complete disaster; so today sees a fresh start.
I've been looking again at all the really inspiring results & am determined to do this.
I must admit I have been beating myself up a bit, the hardest part of this is the struggle with your head, not hunger. I want to achieve a healthy bmi; but I find it difficult to balance focussing on losing weight and being self confident.
The more I think about my size the harder it seems to be to keep the courage to go swimming. I've been subscribing to "icemoose's" newsletters & am going to try my hardest to get my thinking straight.

Good luck.

The best thing I find about swimming is that once you are in the water nobody can really tell what size you are anyway! ;) It's a bit embarrassing that I still get overtaken by pensioners every week when I go though.........:eek:

You're right about it being a head thing. Have you thought about keeping a blog? It doesn't have to be a published one you could do a private one. I found that. especially in the early days, it really helped me. If I was feeling bad I could go and write it all down, quite often just the act of doing that could get me over my rough patch and then once it was there in black and white I could re-read it later with fresh, more objective eyes and identify what was triggering my desire to eat........

Thanks Yambabe a blog sounds like a good idea - I've got nothing to lose except weight!
I am going to persist with swimming & aqua, I do feel so much better afterwards. Just wish I felt a bit less self conscious:sigh:

Back