Faltering fast

LazeeLady

Hi everyone

I'm new to all this - posting messages etc - but I've been lurking around the site for a couple of days now, reading everyone's success stories and their journeys along the way. It's been really inspirational reading how all of you are doing.

I've been on LT for three weeks now and am due to have my third WI tomorrow. Things have been going well (until recently) but this week has been a complete washout. I don't really know what's wrong with me - I've been missing shakes and eating small snacks. Not really cause I'm hungry - I don't know why to be honest. Sometimes I just can't seem to see the big picture - I just want the weight off as fast as possible. I feel so mad at myself for letting it get this far.

I know there's lots of people of here who are doing this 100% and I really take my hat off to you all but maybe the people who do slip up could tell me how I come back from this. How do you pick yourself up and carry on? If I have caved earlier today am I best missing a shake and hoping it will even out? Oh I am a big ol' mess at the moment!

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. I think this site is great and hope to keep coming back to see how everyone is doing and hopefully do a bit of motivating myself once I'm back to my old self.

Take care xx

Don't worry about it, just try to get yourself back on track. I had 2 nights out last week as I was leaving a job I have worked in for 3 yrs. I could not say no to having some leaving drinks! I weighed in 2 days later and put a lb on.

This week I am more determined than ever and haven't cheated once. Think yourself thin! Think, If you miss your shake and have a snack, it probably adds another week to your journey.

My goal is to get to goal ASAP, and then start on a healthy eating plan!

Try your best not to cheat and let your weekly weigh in motivate you.

Hi,
And welcome. Firstly glad you came on here to talk about it, you need to do that anytime you feel a bit weak. It does help, give it time for someone to respond, sometimes we start at the top and work down that's why I didn't spot your post. You have done great to do 3 weeks, what has your weight loss been like for you? We can all have bad weeks, sometimes we are premenstrual, ovulating, us females have it tough.
I would have the shake tonight, put the past behind you and wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready for a new day. I sometimes feel impatient on this diet, but that's because the results are so fast I get greedy and want to wake up thin the very next day, I know someday I will and everyday I stay on this is a day nearer goal and a day of less fat. You can do this, you have done the hardest bit by starting, you just need to find your groove again.
Stay on here, keep posting, reading, commenting and you will feel the benefit of it this week and from now on.
Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Hi LLady

Welcome and well done on the 11lbs loss so far, in just 2 weeks!!! I struggled on week 3 too. I wasnt hungry, and one night all of a sudden I just ate! It came over me all of a sudden.

I was mad with myself and so angry, but then the next morning it was like a bolt of lightening that made me realise I nearly lost everything I had worked for over the 2 weeks, and I got motivated. It came out of no where and ever since I have been so determined to get there.

Just remember, it isnt for ever and one day we will be thin and like what we see staring back at us in the mirror. Take a step back...how do you feel about yourself, do you want to stay the same way and feel miserable about your weight..if the answer is NO, then dont walk away. Keep going. It isnt for ever, it is only a little holiday.

You can do it and just keep looking on here.

I get days where I just cant wait for August to come, but I know it will be here sooner than I think.....

So, I wish you all the very best and I do hope you carry on and find the inspiration and the get up and go from deep within yourself..it is there...

Take care

I had a moment on sunday night when i had a bite of a kebab i feel bad about it (and the intense heartburn!) but in away i'm glad i did it because i was worrying that the feeling of needing to eat would grow and i'd find myself in an all-you-can eat chinese stuffin my face.

Just don't dwell on it because you may start thinking ''i've messed this diet up i might aswell eat another meal/ have another drink''

Always take your shakes, drink your water and think of the thinner healthier you!

Jo x

You can do it....... you've done 3 weeks, thats amazing - keep going and you'll get there - especially with everyones support on here - everyone is FAB!

:grouphugg:
Big group hug !!
xxxxxxx

You have got this far you can do it

Howdy newbe (",)
I had a massive greasy Chinese slip last week and felt dreadfull with myself after,
i was just sat there thinking thinking...
is this just a vicious circle with my weight, am i not capable of doing it etc then i though No fcuk that!!
I am well capable of doing and in future when I feel slippy I think "Don't give in in what you want RIGHT NOW, for what you want most" and "20minutes of enjoyment will cause me about 3 days of misery" so I've since stuck 100% and know I will.
So will you, it does get easier :)
xxx

Hiya, Welcome to the forum. Sometime when we get into the swing of the this diet, then the mental battle begins. Which believe it or not makes us deal with a underlying food issues that we didn't realise we had before. So well done on not giving up and coming on here and your determination to keep on the Lipotrain. Best of the luck with the rest of the your week. Remember we are all human, so little slips brings up issues and you can learn from. All is not lost.

Thanks everyone

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for posting back with your words of wisdom and messages of encouragement.

I went to bed last night and had a good long think about things. I thought about how good I felt the first couple of weeks and how mad I would be with myself if I gave up now.

Glad to say that I'm sat at work now (having a sneaky peek at the internet) and sipping my strawberry shake!

I feel much better. Am going to get weighed in tonight and then aim for a "perfect week" this week. 100% on the shakes and 30 mins of exercise per day.

Hoping to have lost 35lbs in total by my birthday at the end of July (four WI's after today) so have lost 11lbs so far and maybe another 3lbs this week - here's hoping.

Keep on suppin' them shakes everyone - speak to you soon xx

Glad to hear you are feeling positive about things today. This is a hard diet but very few of us on here would deny that we got to our heaviest weights coz we have an issue with food. It is going to take us a while to sort them out and, coz we are only human, we will make mistakes. The best thing we can do is to learn from our mistakes and hopefully not repeat them! That is not always easy to do!

You have made a fantastic start so just hang in there and take each day as it comes. Make your blip into a positive thing by making you more determine to stick to this diet and lose that fat forever!

Good luck.

x

Ach I'm glad you decided to stick with it. You'll not regret it and can have a new start. Good luck in getting back into ketosis, and your weigh in. Let us know how ye get on.

Thanks Aoife

I know...feel like a whole new woman already and am soooo glad I have found this site :)

I can see that you and I are the same height and aiming for a similar goal (and I've been to Donegal on holiday once - the coincidence is almost cosmic!). You're doing brilliantly - it's a real insipration seeing how you've done so far.

Keep it up and I'll keep checking in to see how you're doing xx

Ach thanks much appreicated the boost. If I can do it, you can. The weather here is hot which is amazing, doesn't happen very often.

Last edited:
Back