Family can be so unfair

zi-ann

I have been on WW for 2 weeks now, week 3 is on wedensday, and so far i have lost over 1/2 stone, and gone down 1 dress size :D BUT when my dad heard that my top had got baggy, his answer was ... Oh she must have stretched it :( ... so much for family members beeing on your side

Sometimes they dont even know how negative they are being. He may even think he was being funny and didnt realise it would affect you like it did.

You either tell him you find it hurtfull and would rather he didnt make jokes or ignore it and try to not hear any negative comments.

My mum is similar i just bite my tongue as she doeant even think about what she is saying before it falls out her mouth

Awww it is awful isn't it? My dad always says similar stuff, or if there is someone on TV who is overweight, he looks at me and bk to them...a few time...then he'll make some awful comment.
Worse thing is he has a fair few stone to shift! at least we are doing something about it!

You will be able to show him in a while when yr clothes are dropping off you! see what he says then! x

Hon, I feel the same way. My mum is trying to lose weight also and seems slightly jealous of my progress (even though its been slow). All I've been is supportive of her and her efforts but all she does is berate me and tell me that WW is a stupid idea. Unfortunately though, portion control is really what I need and I think WW enforces that. I now realise my portions were much bigger than I thought. For example, I was easily eating about 150-200g pasta and thinking that was "normal".
All we can do is stay at it chick... Never mind what your Dad says, my Dad makes comments about fat people even though he himself is way too fat! I'm so glad I joined this site as I have a group of people here who egg me on & give me positive reinforcement! Just become more active here hon & try to brush off those kind of comments ok? Chin up love xx

My fiancé does the same kinda thing completely unintentionally. I tell him I've lost this week and he's like 'Well I dunno how!' and I know he's not being mean but I'm thinking like well I've tried really hard this week, that's how!

azwethinkweiz said:
Hon, I feel the same way. My mum is trying to lose weight also and seems slightly jealous of my progress (even though its been slow). All I've been is supportive of her and her efforts but all she does is berate me and tell me that WW is a stupid idea. Unfortunately though, portion control is really what I need and I think WW enforces that. I now realise my portions were much bigger than I thought. For example, I was easily eating about 150-200g pasta and thinking that was "normal".
All we can do is stay at it chick... Never mind what your Dad says, my Dad makes comments about fat people even though he himself is way too fat! I'm so glad I joined this site as I have a group of people here who egg me on & give me positive reinforcement! Just become more active here hon & try to brush off those kind of comments ok? Chin up love xx

Here here! Well said!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

People in your life sometimes don't like to see you change, especially if they have their own weight issues that they are busy ignoring... If someone continues to undermine you, stop confiding your failures and successes in them until they show you they're happy for you! And 'well done' to ALL!

M and M said:
People in your life sometimes don't like to see you change, especially if they have their own weight issues that they are busy ignoring... If someone continues to undermine you, stop confiding your failures and successes in them until they show you they're happy for you! And 'well done' to ALL!

Very well said!! :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back