Family Over For Tea - Need Ideas

Tilly_Doll

Hey Guys - Hows you all doing?

I need your help! I am having my boyfriends brother, wife and son over for Tea on Thurs night and i cant think of what to make SW style! Any suggestions greatly appreciated! :confused:

I used to make chicken breast wrapped in bacon and stuffed with laughing cow cheese and mushrooms. That way you can all eat the same and no-one see's it as diet food. Accompany with a healthy potato option or a salad.

Going for red or green.............

Hi there

Not sure how much time you have to cook, but on extra easy you can have spag bol and salad, or if you have a bit more time roast chicken, carrot and swede mash, regular mash, veg. A nice chilli con carne with with rice or jacket potato. Here's a SW recipe for chicken and bacon pasta bake which sounds nice

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With Success Express meals Green and Original Free Foods can be enjoyed together in the same meal, which means favourites such as this chicken pasta bake can be made for Free or with very few Syns!

Serves: 5
Syns per serving:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2½ Syns Original, Green[/FONT][/FONT] and Extra Easy

subtitle_ingredients.gif
1 white onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 clove garlic
½ chicken bouillon cube-dissolved in boiling water
Frylight
142ml skimmed milk
35g cornflour
2x227g chicken fillets
227g gammon steak
212g dried pasta
100g very low fat natural yogurt
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 level tbsp half fat crème fraiche

clear.gif
subtitle_method.gif
1. Finely dice the onion, peppers and crush the garlic. Dissolve the ½ chicken bouillon cube with the boiling water.
2. Fry the onions, garlic and peppers in a large pan, sprayed with Frylight. Add the chicken stock and the skimmed milk; bring almost to the boiling point.
3. Mix the cornflour with a small amount of cold water then add to the pan to thicken the sauce. Stir until the sauce is thickened and season.
4. Meanwhile chop the chicken and the gammon into cubes, dry fry then add to the sauce. Leave to simmer whilst cooking the pasta in salted boiling water until just cooked.
5. Drain the pasta and then add to the sauce along with the natural yogurt, chopped chives and the crème fraiche.
6. Heat through gently then place in a warmed serving dish. Serve with a green salad that fills two thirds of your plate.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

why not go for good old steak and (sw) chips? with a salad! Then a lovely fruit loaf, just dump a box of frozen fruit in a loaf tin, and make up a strawb. jelly, pour over until it just cover the fruit, and leave to set in the fridge! then slice into portions, and serve with mullerlite poured over. Easy peasy, and all free on EE!

I would go extra easy and have spag bol, or a roast. For desert i would have meringue nests with whipped cream and strawberries, except you have total yoghurt mixed with sweetner. Nobody will know the difference and your meringue nests are only 2 syns each x

Hey thanks so much for your ideas, its really helped me!! I could go for either green or red! The chicken pasta bake sounds fab and i am off work that day so il have plenty of time too cook! Thanks again guys! xx

Stacey uk has recently posted a lovely lasangne reciepe on the recipes thread. You could do a lovely big salad and garlic bread for those not on sw

Back