family party - help!!!!....

Tracie Green

Silver Member
hi all, anyone got any ideas for buffet type food 4 a family doo, my family insists on going to iceland to get stuff, dont even get me started on iceland seriously!!... so wanted to take along some sw friendly bits to keep me on plan. any suggestions welcome xx :):)

There a loads of buffet threads so I would just do a search here and in the recipe forum and see what grabs you

I was just going to ask the same question as we have a family party this weekend. Thankfully its at our house so I can make sure most of the food is SW friendly :D

A ham (does well in slow cooker the night before)

Spanish omelette (or my fave, supernoodle omelette because that doesn't fall apart when you pick it up plus it's delicious)

Syn free hummus and things to dip in it

A decent salad with low syn / syn free dressing

Syn free onion bhajis

Couscous

Potato skins and low / no syn dips

Hard boiled eggs in segments

Prawns

Potato salad (there's a luxury recipe with only a few syns somewhere)

Spicy chicken thighs / drumsticks

Crabsticks

(I want all this now!!!)

a savoury rice dish, chicken drumsticks, a big bowl of tuna pasta or pasta salad, stuffed peppers with cous cous , i normally do a big pot of chille and a big pot of rice at my family doos, or a syn free chicken curry, just as a hot option. I initially done this so that i could have a syn free thing while everyone was eating sausage rolls and stuff, it ended up everyone loved the chille and went for that.

Rosti Pizza
sw wedges + free dip
prawn cakes and sweet chilli dip
cheese and cherry tomato filo tartlets
SW black forest gateau

Back