Family...

Pinkemi

I never wear Trousers.. Jeans yes but no black trousers or cords or leggings etc. I don’t feel comfortable wearing them as I don’t like the way they fit. They basically outline your shape and I tend to feel self conscious in them. Especially hate the way that they may fit around my hips but they are baggy at the front because of the way my stomach is. (I have a round middle and smallish elsewhere.) Just generally... can’t find a pair that fits nicely

Recently, however, I have succumbed and decided it was about time I bought a pair for work as I was running thin of work clothes. To cut a long story short, I haven’t had to go trouser shopping for AGES and I am a size bigger than I thought I was. L Eventually gave in to buying a size 20 from Evans because I couldn’t quite squeeze my flab into a size 18. This depressed me because I kept thinking about the fact that Evans generally are a little looser with their sizing (they tend to have more room.) It is the first time I have not been able to fit into ‘normal’ shops. (I don’t mean to insult anyone with this comment btw... its just the way I feel.)

Anyway... the family have not seen me in Trousers for a very long time. Recently I have been wearing them and every time I do everyone comments on it.

Now this is the point of my rambling post... I am quite upset and irritated by this! I know it may seem stupid but it is the way they are commenting. They basically said to me... ‘I like you in trousers. It makes you look a lot thinner than those long skirts you wear.’ Someone else.. ‘I much prefer you in trousers.’ My boyfriends uber skinny sister... ‘Trousers are much more flattering. You should wear them more often.’ Boyfriends mum... ‘Why do you wear those long skirts anyway? Trousers are much better on you.’ Me... ‘I like wearing skirts as they are girly and I feel comfortable in them.’ Her response..’They don’t look great.’ Me... ‘What? every skirt I wear?’ Her response... ‘Trousers look better on you.’ ARGH!!!

I know they are trying to be nice and compliment me but at the same time.. It’s a little upsetting. Am I looking at this the wrong way? I’m a woman. I LIKE wearing skirts. Not every skirt that I own is going to make me look bigger than I am. Just ARGH... ARGH!!!

Really narked me as I have been trying hard to shift the weight AND some of the people who are making the comments are bigger than me! *and breath*

I need to stop here... otherwise I am going to be rambling on and on. lol

Does anyone else have this problem? Or a similar one?

I have a similar problem to the original trouser issue! Just went out shopping for a pair of black trousers, ended up with a size 18 because of the way they're cut and I got home and my OH decided to be an utter [profanity] and smirk at me, and essentially making me feel about an inch tall, when I've already had a stressful morning and I have a job interview today =/

And the comments . .yeah, I get them. To me it makes me feel like I looked awful before and nobody told me. Like since I've lost weight my OH keeps going on about how much better I look, but it's a bit.. like.. I thought he thought I looked ok before anyway, so it's a bit back handed because it's complimenting current me, but insulting past me..

I think you should wear what you feel comfortable with, it's not like you can't see your reflection, if you like how you look in skirts you should wear them. I wear a lot of skirts because they make me feel girly, and I like that I have to make more effort with them, wearing tights etc. I think they can stop you becoming complacent with your clothes.

I'd have been fuming too >.<

My boyfriend (bless him) said to me once that he much prefers me in jeans. I was like... are you trying to say I look awful in anything else? And he just said 'I just prefer you in Jeans.' I was like... What the hell does that mean? lol

I'm not going to change the way I dress because someone thinks I look 'skinner' in one thing then I do in another. It's always going to happen... it's just the way things are made! and the way they sit on your body. Just... meh! lol

Just frustrating because they can't see why I am getting so upsett and Irraite about it. Boyfriends sister was actually like 'Bloody hell! Thats the last time I compliment you.' I was like... It's not exactly a compliment is it. *snap snap* hahah

Back