Fancy dress ideas!!

kanslow

Hi! I was wondering if you could help me think of fancy dress costumes! My mum's having a fancy dress party on New Years Eve. There's no theme, but as I'm going with my partner and stepchildren we want something matching as a family!
My stepdaughter is 9 and my stepson is 14. We did think of The Simpsons but you're looking at £30 just for masks and we can't afford to spend that much at this time of year!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Kerry

Hi,

Not knowing what you look like and what would be easiest... you could buy those reindeer antlers from Tescos, etc. and wear brown clothes, black socks/shoes, gloves, and do your hubby's nose red, your stepson's red, and you and your daughter's normal reindeer black. And you could be Rudolph, RJ (Rudolph, Jr), Mrs Reindeer and Miss Reindeer -- you could even add accessories like x-mas jewelry, garlands, etc.

Think of all the jokes you can make: "Hi, I'm Rudolph and as you can see I brought the herd with me." "This is my son, RJ, but when I am mad at him -- I call him venison." "My daughter? Oh, she's a dear." "This is my doe wife: Blitzen." "They named her Blizten because she is so shocking." (They might need to know that Blitzen means lightning in German. BTW Donner means thunder.)

Hee, hee!
Seasonal and simple.

MM

Last edited:
Back