Fantastic start but have slipped up tonight

cherub04

Started LLT last Tuesday, got on great for the first few days and in ketosis by Friday and lost over 8lbs. Have had a not so good day today, mind playing havoc with me, and I gave in and had a meal this evening. Feel so awful about it as I was already in ketosis.

Have also been having terrible headaches and the most awful diarrhoea and gurgling noises in tum. Really didn't expect this on LL, I was afraid of constipation.

Does it get better?

Don't dwell on what's done. Just get back to the routine of the packs and lots of water. I had diarrhoea and really loud gurgling noises the first week so must be normal. That goes and now I'm more worried about constipation in week 3. The volume of what you are eating has changed so must take a bit of adjustment for our bodies. And I wasn't used to drinking so much water so was adjusting to that too. It does get better so just keep with it, and the benefits will start to show and motivate you. My feet and ankles were really swollen before I started and now they aren't swollen at all. You will see benefits too.

Don't dwell on what's done. Just get back to the routine of the packs and lots of water. I had diarrhoea and really loud gurgling noises the first week so must be normal. That goes and now I'm more worried about constipation in week 3. The volume of what you are eating has changed so must take a bit of adjustment for our bodies. And I wasn't used to drinking so much water so was adjusting to that too. It does get better so just keep with it, and the benefits will start to show and motivate you. My feet and ankles were really swollen before I started and now they aren't swollen at all. You will see benefits too.
Thanks for that eatlikeabird. I’ll do so tomorrow. I’ve always been a big water drinker so hasn’t been a problem for me at all luckily. I was feeling really well apart from the tum troubles, my diabetes was settling down and weight falling off, can’t believe I caved into temptation so quickly!

Great that the your ankles aren’t swollen now, mine are still huge :sigh:, encouraging that things will get better so I will keep at it.

Good for you, stay positive and focused. The losses are a huge motivator and your diabetes settling down is great. You will hit 10% loss in no time and that will make big a difference to the diabetes. Diabetes is in my family and though my blood sugar is ok now, my doctor said at my weight it wouldn't be long before I was diabetic too.

I would totally agree with eatlikeabird. Don't dwell on the slip up. Just focus on where you want to be and keep focussed on your goals! You can do it hon!!

I will, thanks so much for the encouragement. Diabetes is in my family too and only a matter of time before I got it, always best to avoid if you can. I see you’ve lost 13lb which is brilliant, keep it up and that diabetes won’t come knocking at your door.

cherub04 said:
Thanks so much B. Your weight loss - 18lb in week one - is amazing!

Thanks hon. Have been in new York for 2 weeks. Weigh in tomorrow and crossing my fingers!!

Hope you are back to feeling positive, all the best

Back