• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

FAO any Dukaners across the pond!

louschu

S: 13st11lb C: 10st13lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 2st12lb(20.73%)
Need some advice from our friends in the USA. I'm off to Florida at the weekend and currently on conso, due to start stabilisation in the next couple of weeks. I plan on making my oatbran gallettes while we're out there and was wondering if oatbran is readily available in the supermarkets and what brand to look out for. I would rather buy it there than take some with me, don't want to risk upsetting the immigration officer:eek:

Also what kind of dairy do you use to make your galettes?
Over here I think quark is the dairy of choice but don't think it exists in the US.

Any help appreciated:D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Cherry.

S: 10st0lb C: 9st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 23.4 Loss: 0st8lb(5.71%)
I'm not across the pond, but maybe you could try and look on walmart online to see what they stock, might give you chance to research any new brands? Have a lovely holiday xx

Atropos

Gold Member
S: 11st12lb C: 11st8lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 0st4lb(2.41%)
Not across the pond, but my best friend is, and swears by total zero yogurt, so I know that is available, and I also know it works well in gallettes, as that is what I normally use.

xehorus

S: 10st4lb C: 9st2lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 20 Loss: 1st2lb(11.11%)
I just came back from Canada and they have quite a good variaty of 0% fat free yoghurts including the Greek ones.
Go to their health stores and supermarkets ( they have special ones besides the regular chains ) you will find there for sure Oat bran.
While I was in Canada I was looking at some dukan sites and Americans substitute the quark in their recipes with the fat free Greek yoghurts.

I went to a regular supermarket in Toronto and they had quark ( creme fraiche ) with 0.5 fat so I bought it.
I am sure that they will have for sure the fat free Greek Yoghurts, and Organic Oat bran in FL. You should have no problem with those.

Sander23

Chronic Recidivist
S: 262lb C: 225lb G: 162lb BMI: 33.2 Loss: 37lb(14.12%)
You will not find oat bran at Wal Mart - I keep asking :) Most organic markets also known as health food stores, co-ops, etc) have it in the bulk food sections, inexpensive and good quality. Some of the large chain Supermarkets will have it in either the cereal aisle or the organic foods aisle - a bit more pricey there, but it comes in a box or a canister and is much easier to transport. They are a bit more coarse than the ones I get at the co-op and I prefer the finer milling. Lots and lots of 0% greek yogurt, 0% cream cheese, 0% cottage cheese - but no quark. Our Dukan book lists fat-free ricotta as a cheese option. I make my gallettes with either sour cream or yogurt. Sour cream produces more of a crepe while yogurt rises a bit. I've got pages from my Dukan book posted in the picture gallery so you can compare the foods that are available over here :)

louschu

S: 13st11lb C: 10st13lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 2st12lb(20.73%)
Thanks for the replies. A bit worried I won't be able to find oatbran so I may just take it with me, can't imagine starting the day without it after 6 months of having it for breakfast everyday. It's good to know there is plenty of fat free dairy to choose from:)