Bulk cooking for the freezer, any tips?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by bees_knees, 13 November 2011 Social URL.

1. bees_knees

bees_knees Member

Hi everyone,

I am trying to organise myself to start the Dukan diet and to make things as easy as possible I would like to bulk cook some foods and freeze them. I have been searching the forums and seen that the muffins and quiche can be frozen. Has anyone frozen their galettes? I have always bought joints of meat to roast then freeze in individual slices so I know this will work well for me.

I was thinking about using the slow cooker or pressure cooker to bulk cook main meals, has anyone had success/failures doing this with the Dukan recipes? I had also thought to freeze individual pieces of meat in marinade ( such as chicken breast in tandoori yoghurt) but I had always thought that low fat dairy did not freeze well - anyone tried this? I have never really used quark or vlf cream cheese in frozen meals so I am curious to know how they take to being frozen.

I would love to hear what you freeze to inspire me - I know having plenty of variety of the right food to hand will be the key to success for me.

Many thanks,

Bees knees

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ellie1969

ellie1969 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I freeze portions of bolognese , chilli & cottage pies casseroles would also freeze

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.