FAO Jim or someone on longterm maintenance.

collo-collo

Kewl as a penguins hoop!!
ive made up my mind with help from this forum and research, and decided that atkins longterm, is where i see myself being and the lifestyle i want to follow - i wish id started this instead of LT, as i wasnt sure where i was going to go once id reached goal after LT longterm - but hey ho, ive kickstarted my weight lose with a stone gone.

ive been reading the most recent Atkins book, anyway im up to the pre-maint section.

heres my question. im currently on Lipotrim, and had planned to stay on it till Tues 25th May, i estimate that i will be within 10lbs of my goal weight by this date - i lose 1lb consistently daily.
According to the info in the book, i should be looking to start pre-maintenace (based on the weigh i would have left to loose post 25th) and lose these last few pounds over a couple of months - i couldnt just jump straight into pre-maint as i dnt know my CCLL.
Would i be wise coming off Lt earlier so i can go through all the stages of the diet? - obv i NEED to do the OWL section, as i need to find my CCLL.
Im currently in deep Ketosis, my plan was to do the Lt refeed on 25th then start atkins, working through all sections of the diet, and live forever more on maintenance, but in doing this id end up loosing to much weight.
Any advice is appreciated :)

I would start with Induction and stay on there until you adjust to having food and start losing. I'm on day 2 of week 2 and I'm not losing yet but I'm not gaining either.

Wen do you suggest i start induction though?
As i said if i stay on LT till i was going too ill have lost too much to start atkins at induction. Did u refeed 1st, or just switch to induction?

Did bit of both. Did day one and two sort of but stuck to atkins style foods like day one I had 2 shakes and a tuna mayo salad with lettuce and cucumber. Day 2 was a flapjack, 1/2 a MIM with some cheese and some scrambled eggs I think. Was poorly so didn't want alot anyways. You may struggle with portions for first week especially if you've been on it a long time.

Day 3 onwards I stuck to atkins food but ate less dense foods like eggs and fish rather than jumping into bacon, sausage and steaks. I'm learning that my body needs to adjust to eating before it will start losing. I'm still in ketosis as still have the dog breath but I've stayed same weight so far.

Keep up your water intake, I'm having 4 litres a day and try and excercise - you'll find this easier as you'll have more energy.

Welcome to the light side hun xx

Yeah I was same, got the book and had read it twice in about a week! Spent rest of time stalking this forum for ideas and looking at everyones menus and recipes. Have you read the book yet? If not its a good idea to. I'm still referring back to it for information x

Yeah read through it today and made some notes. Thats what prompted my initial post. Going to read it again tomorrow just so it sinks in, and then start some meal plans :)

Hi C-C and welcome, yes, I'd do induction until your body sorts itself out love.

Cheers Jim,
Im staying on LT until my supply runs out, which will be this friday, and then going to swa over, cant wait to eat again lol

Ok, we'll see you around the love. :)

Back