FAO KD - advice and help please

Jessica Rabbit72

Gold Member
Hi KD -
I hope you dont mind me asking but I need some advice and you always seem to have the right answers.

The situation is this - Im currently SSing and my bmi of 25 will be when I hit 10st 2lbs ish.

If I ss from now till I go on my hols on June 20th I should reach that dead on.
My goal is 9st 7 so I wont be that far from goal BUT I know that when you hit bmi of 25 you have to go to step 810, but I dont want to be on 810 when I go on my hols.

I am intending on having a shake at breakfast time and possibly one at lunch and we are self catering with 2 nights out to a restaurant. I also won't be drinking apart from the odd glass of wine with the meal at the restaurant as Im not a big drinker anyway (give me chocolate every time if theres a choice between them;))

I wont go carb mad and will do high protein as much as physically possible cos I know it will undo all my hard work and I am ABSOLUTELY DETERMINED to get to goal this time and not be so near it and blow it like last time.

What I need to know is would it be worth going up to 810 for a week the 2 weeks before I go then up to 1000 for one week so as to have as much damage limitation as possible just because Im physically eating more than SS.

Im NOT going to pig out and binge on hols cos Im very aware I will end up with belly ache with ssing for so long (will be about 19wks by then) and that will completely ruin the holiday for me and the whole family and I have been so looking forward to it for a year.

The other thing is that if Im say 10st 7 when I come back could I ss for a week to get the half stone off to get to BMI of 25 again then spend a week on each of the steps to get the last half stone off ? Or would that be wrecking my metabolism and system too much?

would a better option be to start the steps 2 weeks before I go when Im 10.7 so I can work throught them to get the last stone off even though I would have 7lbs to get to bmi 25?

Im sorry its such a long post but I like to be organised and know where Im going and always take a LONG while to tell a story so everyone knows whats going on!!!!
thanks so much
x

Hi Jessica :)

I'm sure KD will be along soon..xx :)

Hi Isis -
ta for that am off to bed now to watch greys.

Well done on yr weightloss - bet you were ecstatic with 16lbs!!!!

looking from the amount of your posts you must have been around the forums for a while. Im sure I remember your name from when I was on here a few years ago when I lost it last time.

If so do you know Isobel1965 and how she is doing- I know she recently married 'Eric' but havent seen any of her posts and is she still a cdc ?

Sorry for all the questions its just you know when you lose weight at the same time as someone you like to see how they are getting on and she did so well and was a good support too.
xxx

Im not a big drinker anyway (give me chocolate every time if theres a choice between them)
Always the better choice :D Even from a physiological/weightloss point of view, choc will be treated as food, so some level of satiety can happen. Alcohol never is.

What I need to know is would it be worth going up to 810 for a week the 2 weeks before I go then up to 1000 for one week so as to have as much damage limitation as possible just because Im physically eating more than SS.
Yep, that sounds a really good plan:)

The other thing is that if Im say 10st 7 when I come back could I ss for a week to get the half stone off to get to BMI of 25 again then spend a week on each of the steps to get the last half stone off ? Or would that be wrecking my metabolism and system too much?
No, don’t think you’ll be wrecking your metabolism. If it was me, I’d do 810, but more from psychological reasons. You will need to see how you feel when you get back from your hols.

Okay, so to recap. I would say:

2 weeks before holiday – 1 week on 810, 1 week on 1,000
Holiday…as you described
Return from holiday. 810 (though you could SS if you wanted), down to closer to goal…then start working up the steps 2 weeks on each step.

Of course, things can change closer to the time, so nothing is set in stone;)

Back