fast food question

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
Just a quick question. My rep told us that we couldnt save syns for special occassions but what happens if i am out for the day and the only food place is say KFC. arent all the choices high in syns.

well its prob not the best thing to do, but i'll just have something small and then be extra good the rest of the week!

Not sure about kfc hun. If there is nowhere else for me to go i use all my syns on a mcdonalds hamburger x

I think you can look up popular fast food restaurants in the Food Directory... possibly online too, though I've not looked.

My rep told us that we couldnt save syns for special occassions

Not true! You can save your syns over the week... so if you are having the max 15 per day then you have 105 weekly syns which can be used however you like.

You can't carry on any left over from week 1 to week 2 though.

maybe i will just do that and not tell my leader he he he. mind you she likes to check the eating charts.

Not true!

Agree completely! SW actually have a name for this- 'flexible syns' or having a 'flexi day'.

I'm afraid the consultant was mistaken on this one, mate!

I agree completely with everyone saying you never HAVE to eat food that is high in syns, but sometimes I WANT to, so use a flexi day for this and kind of 'plan' it in advance so I can work it in with the rest of my week

xxx

I have always saved my syns if I know I have something on for later int he week & it has never affected my weight loss a bit

Agree completely! SW actually have a name for this- 'flexible syns' or having a 'flexi day'.

I'm afraid the consultant was mistaken on this one, mate!

I agree completely with everyone saying you never HAVE to eat food that is high in syns, but sometimes I WANT to, so use a flexi day for this and kind of 'plan' it in advance so I can work it in with the rest of my week

xxx

Not to be a pedant or anything, but that's not actually what a 'flexi day' and 'flexible syns' is about. Flexi days are where you essentially go off plan and have way too many syns than your daily allowance. These times don't count, and as soon as you can, you should go back to the plan. You DON'T have to then deprive yourself since you've used up too many syns - you go back, as normal, and have your same number of syns as you usually would.

My consultant thinks saving up syns is ok within a week, but this isn't actually what flexible syns are!

If you know that day is coming when you're going to have a KFC, try and save up if you can - if it comes as a surprise, start back on plan ASAP and just call it a flexi day.

Hope that clears things up a bit - this seems to be one of the most misunderstood concepts in SW...

It really annoys me that some SWCs are saying this. You can use them daily or weekly but you have to use them withing the WI week or lose them. Also, it's best not to have loads of Syns the day before WI! I use most of my Syns on the 3 days after Wi then cut right back for the other 4 days. Find a way that suits you and stick with it

As for food diaries, you don't have to do one if you don't want to so just tell your SWC that you have been too busy to write one

Not to be a pedant or anything, but that's not actually what a 'flexi day' and 'flexible syns' is about. Flexi days are where you essentially go off plan and have way too many syns than your daily allowance. These times don't count, and as soon as you can, you should go back to the plan. You DON'T have to then deprive yourself since you've used up too many syns - you go back, as normal, and have your same number of syns as you usually would.
You could never be pedantic, clippy!

All I can say in my defence is.........."oops". lol.
I have been 'saving' syns since day 1 and it seems to be working ok for me, but if SW say I am a bad girl I won't recommend it to anyone (although I will carry on myself- if it's not broke, don't fix it, eh)

xxxxxx

You could never be pedantic, clippy!

All I can say in my defence is.........."oops". lol.
I have been 'saving' syns since day 1 and it seems to be working ok for me, but if SW say I am a bad girl I won't recommend it to anyone (although I will carry on myself- if it's not broke, don't fix it, eh)

xxxxxx
I don't think that's what Clippy was saying. It's fine to use your Syns weekly if thats the best way for you to do it but some people like to stick rigidly to daily Syns then may need extra for a special event

On a special occasion meal like going to the Chinese for example. If I know I'm going to be eating a Chinese I will limit my syns the day before to about 5, on the day of the meal I will eat speed foods and free foods only until the meal and the following day I will limit my syns to about 5.

If SW says we can't use our syns for the naughtier foods, why do they put them in a directory for us all to keep track of how may syns we're using.

My consultant says that life gets in the way when we're trying to lose weight, but of course we're not only trying to lose weight we're also learning how to manage our life style and eating habits for once we're at target. If no one was allowed to 'enjoy' themselves occasionally whilst on Sw, how many people would actually stick to the plan? By giving people the permission to have a treat meal and splurging a little, they're showing that we can still enjoy life, enjoy food and carry on losing weight.

It's moderation that's the key and I think SW also teaches us how to eat the finer things in life in moderation and to compensate by eating healthier the rest of the time without starving ourselves or feeling guilty.
The problems come when we lose control...as I know only too well....lol

i sometimes save my sins if i know i have something coming up meal ect you have to use them within 7 days i think i get weighed on tues so start saving from then till the same time the following week even if i only managed to save some i feel it gives me damage limitation lol, only if i know i need them otherwise i use them daily x

Back