Fat! Be gone! my CD Diary

Emmenelle

After putting on around 7 stone since the birth of my first child 6.5 years ago, I have decided enough is enough. I have never been this big before, and I now notice that even reading a bedtime story to my youngest gets me out of breathe :eek:. I also knocked over an ornament at my Dad's house with my massive boot-ay! :eek:

I have lost weight before with SW but I need quick results, plus working full time with 2 children and studying for a business degree, I don't have the time to plan different menus (the hubby will not eat healthy food).

So, I've arrived at CD. I found a consultant last week and I'm going to see her Monday lunchtime. She's sent me a list of all the different shakes, soups and porridges and I'm really looking forward to it. I did the weeks shop this week and it was weird shopping just for my husband and kids, but already I feel massively to be having a holiday from food.

I have so many clothes in the wardrobe that I want to wear again rather than the same pair of black work trousers and 2 or 3 tops :cry:. Will post again after I meet my consultant on Monday.

Met with my consultant yesterday and began on SS today.

Been drinking water like a demon and I've been busy at work, so not had much time to think about not eating. Stomach was growling mid afternoon!

My consultant ran out of shakers, so my Fruits of the Forest breakfast shake at work was a little lumpy! Had the oriental soup for lunch - it was okay, nothing that a hunk of french bread wouldn't of made a thousand times better :rolleyes: Just had porridge for dinner - made the mistake of eating big mouthfuls and it tastes really salty to me! Managed to get through it with a glass of water and some very small mouthfuls!

Going to have a nice cup of black tea now before bed:sigh:

Hi Emmenelle,

Hey well done for making the change!! u are well on ur way now.. i noticed u said about the shaker, i got mine from tescos they are normally on the sports section and a very good size and price too!! good luck x

Hi Emmenelle,

I just use a hand blender for the soups and shakes. No tried a shaker, but just take a tetra if I go out and keep one in the car for emergencies.

I am on day 9 and it does get easier! I tend to have pride at night too, followed by black tea. My new ritual!

Keep going!

Thanks both for the post! I do have a an electric hand held blender but its noisy and I'm desperately trying to do this 'undercover' at work...not sure why I don't want people to know. I think I feel ashamed of having to do what I consider a 'drastic diet'. Besides, there is a meeting room next to the kitchen!

Got round it this morning by having a hot chocolate shake at home. Taking Chicken and Mushroom soup for lunch.

Quite enjoying the water! Feel OK today, not really hungry but didn't sleep well so feel a little tired and spaced out. Looking forward to reaching Day 4 on Friday for the worst to be over, but dreading the weekend when I'm out of the routine I've made and have the hubby and the little squonks around!

You're doing great! I'm on day 9 and doing well. Made it through the weekend by keeping busy - cleaning house, walking dog, paying bills, etc. Oh - and I took a nap as well. :)

Day 3.

Not doing to bad on the hunger front - the odd stomach growl but nothing to hideous.

Can't help but feel really gloomy though - I'm starting to realise how central food is to me and it is a massive comfort. Starting to feel like I'm being punished, which, in a way, I guess I am.

Starting to doubt I can go 'all the way' with this particular diet (I have around 6 stone to lose), so may revise it to losing 3 stone and then swapping to SW. Maybe I'll feel differently after my first weigh in! (hopefully)

Not managed to sleep very well for the past 2 nights either, usually I'm fine so I assume this is another early side effect.

God! Wish I could just go to sleep for 6 months, be fed the CD packs intravenously and then wake up 6 stone lighter! :(

Heya you have made a great decision to start cd, it feels very daunting at first thinking u have loads of weight to loose but it will fall off once u get in the swing of things, I had roughly 10 stone to loose and I am nearly half way there now and will not give up till I am where I want to be!!! Keep going hun it is so worth it!!!!

Day 3.

Not doing to bad on the hunger front - the odd stomach growl but nothing to hideous.

Can't help but feel really gloomy though - I'm starting to realise how central food is to me and it is a massive comfort. Starting to feel like I'm being punished, which, in a way, I guess I am.

Starting to doubt I can go 'all the way' with this particular diet (I have around 6 stone to lose), so may revise it to losing 3 stone and then swapping to SW. Maybe I'll feel differently after my first weigh in! (hopefully)

Not managed to sleep very well for the past 2 nights either, usually I'm fine so I assume this is another early side effect.

God! Wish I could just go to sleep for 6 months, be fed the CD packs intravenously and then wake up 6 stone lighter! :(

Just take it one day / one week at a time and don't think about the long haul. Every time I think I'm being punished, or it's not fair that others can eat regular food and I can't, or that I deserve to eat, I remind myself that they don't have the weight problem I have, that I got myself here and have to get myself out and that the food in question will still be there to enjoy - in moderation! - after CD.

If that doesn't work, I munch celery or have some protein (egg, chicken) - I try never to have more than 100 cal extra. And read the diaries - they prove that CD can be done, that "hiccups" happen, but you can recover and keep going and generally that if you stick with it, CD works! :D

Day 4

Feel much brighter today. Not struggling with hunger at all today and even quite enjoyed my Chicken & Mushroom lunchtime soup!

As I type at my desk at work, there are two boxes of cakes within arms reach (someone celebrating 'Friday') and one of my colleagues has just offered to stand us all a glass of wine, and whilst that would be lovely, I'm not tempted!

Was a little worried about the weekend, but on reflection I think it may be a little easier than the weekdays, as I do find myself sitting at my desk with my mind whirring about 'can I do this?', 'How long shall I do it for?'...at least at home I can be 'physically busy'.

so far, I'm liking Day 4 much more than Day 3!

Will post again after my first weigh in on Monday.:D

Have a great weekend and good luck for your weigh in on Monday!!

Day 7 and had my weigh in...9lb gone!! :bliss:
I thought I had lost as already my work trousers feel just that bit looser!

CDC gave me one of those ketostix things and it came out the darkest purple - she said she hadn't someone so deeply in ketosis for a long time :D

So I've now got all my shakes, soups and porridges that I actually liked and here's to Week 2. Fought the urge to buy some bars until next week - CDC said it would better if I waited until then...don't want to jeapordise my amazingly purple wee-wee!!

Off I go for a celebratory Oriential Chilli soup and a nice glass of water!

Congratulations! That is a great weight loss! Definitely changes your perspective when the scales drop like that, doesn't it? :D

Have a great week 2!

Day 9

Yuk. Was up most of last night in the bathroom - wasn't pleasant. Feel really rough and my stomach feels like a washing machine.

I just couldn't keep with it 100% today as the thought of any of the packs turns my stomach, so I've given into a craving for 2 of my daughter's Strawberry Flavoured Frubes and I felt the need for some food just now, so I've had a 2 egg omelette and a can of coke zero.

Not great, but it could of been worse - I could of given into my craving for a peanut butter sandwich :eek:

I'm not going to eat anything else today, just keep downing the water and hopefully get back on track tomorrow, but I'm worried because at the moment, I really couldn't stomach any of the CD stuff I have. Wish I had of bought some bars now as I could get through with some of them.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having a rough day. You are doing what you need to to get through it and manage CD as well.

So far I'm ok with many of the shakes/soups, tolerate the porridge and think the peanut bar is great (only one I've tried so far). Haven't yet gotten to gag reflex, but suspect that in the next few weeks that will come ...

Hope the rest of your day goes better!

Day 10.

Still feeling a little queasy and forced a shake down for breakfast this morning but couldn't face the soup for lunch, so had 100g of Quorn ham.

Couldn't face the majority of packs I had left, so contacted my CDC and met with her after work to do a swap. I've not got some bars, and some proper chocolate shakes - didn't get on with the LF ones at all. She also said did I want a sneaky weigh-in whilst I was there, and I've lost 2.5lb since Monday night!

Also decided, to make this more bearable in the long run, I'm going to have SS+ days most Saturdays and Sundays when the rest of the family are having dinner. Decided on quorn pieces with green pepper and a few spring onions and some kind of spice for Sunday and a can of coke zero!

Good for you for hanging in there and getting the products you like! It sounds like you've come up with a plan you can live with.

Thank goodness CD really does shift the weight - the encouragement of the scales does help us stick to it...at least that's one of the main things that has been keeping me in the game. :)

I hover between SS and SS+, depending on my workout schedule. It may slow down my weight loss, though I understand that it doesn't slow it down much, but the idea is to make the diet bearable enough to stick to it in the long run and keep losing weight.

You're doing great!

Day 11

Tried the original porridge this morning, which I quite liked last week but alas, I couldn't stomach it and managed not quite half :confused:

My high hopes for my lunchtime cup of spicy soup were also dashed - it was minging and I managed two sips. I've since drunk lots of water and ate a Cranberry Crunch bar on the way home from work. Quite yummy and I do feel like I've broken the diet by eating it! It has definately filled me up so I think part of my new plan to help me along with this diet is to have one bar for lunch everyday and totally knock the soups on the head.

Might try some different flavour shakes next week - I hope I can get to grips with them otherwise, I'm not sure what to do!

Weekend coming up - plan to get my big body moving tomorrow seeing as the weather is supposed to be nice!

I've had that experience - where all of the sudden a product I thought I liked is suddenly one I don't. With the plain porridge, I add cinnamon for flavour - I don't like the consistency at all, so have it 1x week just for a change. I think all the soups are borderline and also have them just for variety - so far I've only added pepper, but I know people put in other spices (garlic or chili or curry powder for example).

I'm struggling with the fact that I'm not hungry, but I still crave things to eat. Fighting cravings is hard! I keep wanting to go take a nap until it has passed (hard to explain why you're taking a nap at work). :)

It's not easy, but it is effective. Hang in there and enjoy your weekend!

Back