Step2 810kcal Fat free greek yorgurt ..... Any ideas ?

I am sure I read on here somewhere about someone who mixes it with a little of a fruit flavoured mix to make a really filling breakfast, I will try and find the topic

I also remember someone saying they put lots of spices in a natural fat free yoghurt to use as a coating for chicken breast to make chicken tikka

I'm swinging between steps two and three depending on the day really !

Hi "mummysims" I've moved upto step 2 now, so wondering if you have any tips for me please : ) the recipes in the book include items not in your allowence??!
It says you can all squashes to your water??
Can I have the yoghurt now?
Or isit just milk?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm doing this alone as I've moved and the cc in my area has been away for over 1 month so need as much info as poss
Thanks in advance x

Hi to be honest until I've done my training I'm not 100 percent, I only have the very low fat Greek yogurts and still using the Cambridge water flavouring, I am using the app myfitnesspal to calculate my every day food .
Just eat more and stay off of carbs really , they are the downfall !

At the back if the book there is a table listing milk alternatives, one of which is the yogurt, so any step with milk can have yogurt instead, I find this great as I never have milk, and having yogurt feels like an extra meal. On step 2 it's 250g, I mix it with a choc shake pack and it's delicious.

At the back if the book there is a table listing milk alternatives, one of which is the yogurt, so any step with milk can have yogurt instead, I find this great as I never have milk, and having yogurt feels like an extra meal. On step 2 it's 250g, I mix it with a choc shake pack and it's delicious.

Hi I found this page last night looking through the book, do U just put the powder in the yoghurt and mix it, (no blender) etc
How's step 2 been for you have you had good losses? I'm worried about mine slowing down!!

Hi I found this page last night looking through the book, do U just put the powder in the yoghurt and mix it, (no blender) etc
How's step 2 been for you have you had good losses? I'm worried about mine slowing down!!

It's best done with a blender but If I'm at work I do it bit by bit with a sturdy spoon!

I never did a whole week on step 2 without a day off or messing around, actually, that's a lie, I did manage 1 week and had a 3.5lb loss that time, back on step 1 at the moment as I find it easier.

But don't worry, if you're sticking to it 100% you will be fine!

Crazy diamond, I noticed on the sw site you mentioned you'd been on sw before, how did you find this As I'm planning to swap from cd to sw in 2 weeks as I'm really fed up of cd now and it's either changing or stopping altogether unfortunately!!

It's ok, I've lost weight on it a couple of times, but nowhere near the success I've had with Cambridge, it's not strict enough for me and the organisation aspect is where I kept falling down. I guess it's personal preference, my all or nothing attitude fits best with Cambridge, on SW I used I live on carbs as well which I now no isn't great for weight loss!

It's ok, I've lost weight on it a couple of times, but nowhere near the success I've had with Cambridge, it's not strict enough for me and the organisation aspect is where I kept falling down. I guess it's personal preference, my all or nothing attitude fits best with Cambridge, on SW I used I live on carbs as well which I now no isn't great for weight loss!

Yes I know what you mean, for me I'm thinking sooner or later I will have to start "proper" food and sw seems a good way to start as I can't stay on replacement meals forever and sw in reality you could live of their meals I just want to loose 2 more stone slowly and learn new ways of eating

Found my old book, heres the first 12 weeks... This was 2010.... Losses were a bit random... I guess they're gonna be when you have different food choices to make...

image-1777186865.jpg

Wow, scary to think I'm 6 stone lighter than that now!

Some altnatives to the usual sweet suspects taking into account the allowable foods from steps 2 and 3:

Chargrilled/dry fried/baked chicken cubes with a cold yogurt, cucumber and dill dipping sauce (tzatziki)
Red lentil dhal with a scoop of yogurt on top
Prawns tossed a yogurt, paprika, chilli powder and a touch of watercress as a dressing
Mashed celeriac with a scoop of yogurt for creaminess
Asparagus (boiled for 60 seconds then put in an ice bath) with a yogurt based hollandaise sauce - Yogurt Hollandaise Sauce Recipe - Food.com - 368990
Chicken stuffed with mushroom, leek and spring onion yogurt sauce then baked in an oven
Quorn mince, grated courgette, green pepper, celery with a scoop of yogurt and mixed herbs and spices...one pan and a little water
Spiced yogurt and chickpea hummus

Some of these require more work and effort than you really want to do given the small portion sizes permitted but it depends on how much you enjoy cooking with those options...or make in bulk.

Last edited:
Back