Fat in the head?

Shopaholic

is back to finish the job
I wonder will I always think like a fat person? At the moment I've got a mental list of all the places I want to go and eat when I get to goal. Does this mean that I'm not going to succeed, or that once I get to goal I will put all the weight back on again?

Does anyone else worry about this?

How do you change your way of thinking? I miss food so much at the moment, and I'm just taking it day by day - on day 6 now, 100%.

I would say that the first couple of weeks are quite tough. Not just in terms of the diet but in terms of the way that you think.

I didn't start to really analyse my mindset until after about week 3 and even then it was a gradual process. Have a read through some of the threads about how your mind works, as they're really useful.

Initially I thought about food a lot and all the places that I wanted to eat when I got to goal. Now, heading into week 6, it's not that I don't want to eat in them, but I am placing less importance on them.

I am looking forward to nourishing my body with healthier options now and my favourite restaurants will always be there...doesn't mean I have to go to each of them straight away.

Once you're able to think about food without driving yourself mad maybe have a think about the healthier things that you would like. That will offset the unhealthier times that everybody occasionally have.

Thin people still eat out at restaurants, but they are perhaps naturally (without thinking) more careful before and after they go out. Also they don't go there with the idea of eating everything in site (like I used to!)

You'll get there x

Yup I'm with Liz, I think it's natural to think that. You're taking away food completely, so you're going to think about the things you enjoy! But as Liz said, I think you start to place less emphasis on them as you go further along the journey. And also you don't want to go pig out and eat the unhealthiest stuff there. I went out for a meal last week I think it was and had a chicken salad. I would never have had that before, but actually I really really enjoyed it and would happily have it again rather than a chicken burger and fries. So don't worry about it, you'll get there. Your head starts falling into line I promise!

Thanks for your replies. I have noticed the choices my thin friends make when we go out - and the difference with what I choose. I've only recently started to eat chicken Caroline... I'd usually order something with a rich sauce, and have a starter, main and dessert. Really need to change my thought processes as I don't want all my hard work to be for nothing.

Going to go and have a look at those threads you mentioned Liz.

Hi Lynda

Just wanted to post as my stats are similar to yours. I've recently finished CD including all the steps up, I do have to be conscious about making healthy choices but it's getting easier. The beauty with CD is that they give you such a structured plan to reintroduce food with each step up that it's not like you stop dead on SS and are faced with thinking ooh shall I rush out to the nearest restaurant. Makes it much easier as it's all done so gradually which gives you plenty of time to readjust your mindset.

Good luck with your CD journey x

Exactly as Serena stated. Also, once you have got down to the weight you feel happy with, if you're like me, you will have worked so hard to get down to where you are that you don't want to put all of the weight back on so you will be more vigilant as to what you put in your mouth. I certainly am, I still go out for nice meals and if i really want something....i have it. Why not? Good luck x

Hi Lynda

Just wanted to post as my stats are similar to yours. I've recently finished CD including all the steps up, I do have to be conscious about making healthy choices but it's getting easier. The beauty with CD is that they give you such a structured plan to reintroduce food with each step up that it's not like you stop dead on SS and are faced with thinking ooh shall I rush out to the nearest restaurant. Makes it much easier as it's all done so gradually which gives you plenty of time to readjust your mindset.

Good luck with your CD journey x

Wow, just had a look at your photos and you look fantastic. You've done amazingly well. Do you mind me asking what clothes size you are now? I'm hoping that 9st will bring me to a size 10...

You are such an inspiration :D

Wow, just had a look at your photos and you look fantastic. You've done amazingly well. Do you mind me asking what clothes size you are now? I'm hoping that 9st will bring me to a size 10...

I know this message wasnt for me, but im 5"2 and got into size 10s at about 9st10 :) Id say at 9stone you could well be a size 8, though it does depend where your curves are placed :)

Thanks Crazy :) it's been so long since I was that weight. So just wanted to know what to expect.

Don't mean to be personal, but... (probably is anyway) why did you put weight on again?

I wonder will I always think like a fat person? At the moment I've got a mental list of all the places I want to go and eat when I get to goal. Does this mean that I'm not going to succeed, or that once I get to goal I will put all the weight back on again?

Does anyone else worry about this?

How do you change your way of thinking? I miss food so much at the moment, and I'm just taking it day by day - on day 6 now, 100%.

I am on week 4 an I feel exactly the same! Wondering how I will cope when I have got to goal! It is worrying me already. Especially as everyone keeps telling me I will pile it all back on when I stop the diet (people are SOOO helpful aren't they?) xx

Don't mean to be personal, but... (probably is anyway) why did you put weight on again?

Its ok... simple answer is I went on holiday and binged to hell on yummy food for 5 days! Its ok, Ive been SSing for 3 days and am only 1lb heavier than I was before I went, so obviously alot of it was water weight!! Still gutting though!

You are doing really well - nearly at goal, do you find that as you get closer it is harder to lose the weight? Do you find yourself not being as strict?

You are doing really well - nearly at goal, do you find that as you get closer it is harder to lose the weight? Do you find yourself not being as strict?

Urm before my holiday I found it harder to lose weight, I didnt lose much working up the plans which frustrated me. i was still very strict and stuck by the book. However the holiday changed my behaviour a bit, Id just left my job, split with my bf and felt a bit depressed and lonely which is why i went off the rails. Im back on track now but I guess because Im not so close I do feel like cheating and its a constant struggle to not binge. Especially as now im a healthy weight i want to lose much purely for vain purposes rather than health now - but i know now how quickly it is to get back in that overweight range by just a few days of being naughty!

Hi

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for your lovely comments :)

I've always been top-heavy and I've found that my shape has more or less stayed in proportion as I've lost the weight. I'm now a size 10 on top and an 8 on the bottom, and just like crazylilblondie I was in size 10 bottoms at around 9st 10.

Hope this helps
Serena x

Thanks very much Serena :)

Back