Fat kat to slim kitty!

idlekat

Hi all, my name's Kat and I'm 29. I have a 1 year old son and a lovely fiance. I've always struggled with my weight but lost a lot before I got pregnant. Of course some of that came back during the pregnancy and I've been trying to shift it ever since my son was born. Whilst I'd lose a bit here and there, I'd always gain it back.

I've decided enough is enough and have started SW today. I don't normally bother keeping track of my food and exercise, which is probably part of the problem! So tomorrow I'll begin keeping a diary as well.

See you all round!

Good luck Kat. (My DD's name also :D)

Are you going to group or flying solo? Which ever, I hope you do well. The support around here is awesome. So keep posting and there will always be someone around with an answer or suggestion.

Take care, JJ

Well, the rest of this week was a disaster. I had trouble with work and my fiance so my carefully prepared meal plans went out the window. On the positive side, I've stuck to C25K and started week 3 yesterday. Starting to get a bit tougher but I managed it in the end!

I bought loads of SW-friendly foods today so am all geared up to stay on track this week. I really need to work on my emotional eating. I just don't know where to start...if anyone has any tips, please feel free to jump in!

Had a terrible day at work today but didn't eat loads of rubbish, thank goodness! Breakfast was a SW fryup (eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and 1 slice toast (1 HE)), lunch was spaghetti and a pear, and dinner was more spaghetti, sweetcorn and 2 crumpets (8 syns) with Flora buttery (3 syns). Then pudding was a banana with fat free natural yoghurt and a small drizzling of honey (1 syn). That's 12 syns altogether, not too bad considering how lousy I felt today! Normally I'd be ordering a takeaway and snacking on chocolate whilst I wait for it to arrive. :eek:

No exercise today but going for a run tomorrow.

What a week! This was my first week back to work after maternity leave, so of course I got a chest infection Sunday night. I dutifully dragged myself in every morning and managed it ok but I'm so shattered now.

I was very tempted to binge many times this week but stayed on plan and only slightly went over my syns allowance. I didn't do any exercise until Friday as was so ill though. My greatest triumph was Friday afternoon. Cakes, chocolates, biscuits and samosas were brought into the office and I was asked by 4 different people if I wanted some, but I said no every time! Oh, and when I got home from work, my fiance had a readymeal tikka marsala waiting for me but I turned it down for the homemade veg ratatouille I made the night before.

I snuck onto the scales today although my WI day is Monday - 4 lbs down! :party0049:

5 lbs down on Tuesday, yes! I also finished week 3 of C25K! I wasn't perfect, had a pizza one night and a muffin the other, but still got quite a big loss. Now to see what next week brings.

Thanks! I'm about to go for a run now, starting week 4 today.

My work trousers have become loose and people have commented on my face looking slimmer so that's good news too.

The rest of this week has been good. I'm going through a really rough patch in my life at the mo and although I've slipped up a couple times, I have managed to keep most of my emotional eating to lower syn foods.

Weigh in is Tuesday again so will see what that brings!

2 more lbs gone this week, yay! I haven't been as strict again, really going through a hard time right now but still running and making better choices when I do go a bit astray.

sorry to hear that your going through a hard time at the moment but you should be proud of the fact that you are still staying within control with your food and exercise, i hope that things get better for you soon and well done on your weight loss so far xx

Bad news is no loss this week because I've not been sticking to plan very well. Good news is I've continued running and can now run for 25 minutes without stopping! I just need to stay on plan and the weight will start coming off again. Luckily, all the upheaval I'd been experiencing the past few weeks has sorted itself out so should be easier without trying to deal with loads of stress as well.

Back