Fat 'Platitudes'

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by spooky, 21 May 2008 Social URL.

1. spooky

spooky Banned

One thing that I was thinking about these last few days is Fat Platitudes.
    Theres always someone got a comment to make about you, depends on the content of it though whether or not you will like it;)

The platitude I got was:

'Oh don't lose so much weight, less of you to love'

:eek:

What was your fat platitude? The one you were on the receiving end of?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    "You're bubbly" .... which was because I was outgoing and overweight! Do you get skinny bubbly people??

4. Sexy waiting to happen!

Sexy waiting to happen! Member

Diet:
    CD
    Pretty Face....

" Yes but you have such a pretty face" :eek:

I dont want just a pretty face i want a gorgeous figure!!

People are so funny!! x:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. ratty

ratty Full Member

(I hope I'm okay posting round these parts despite not being a CDer ... apologies if not).

I got told "I dunno why you want to lose weight, you're lovely as you are". I AM lovely as I am (I think people are lovely or not based on who they are, not what they look like), but I'd be lovely *and* aesthetically pleasing if I was thinner!

6. LucyLou

LucyLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.93%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ah sure your grand!

I hate being told I look grand or fine! I want to look gorgeous!

7. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    my cousin only said to me last week"i dont think i`ll like you when you lose more weight because you wont be as much outgoing anymore and your personality will change"wtf he got a slap on the back of the head and reminded that ive always been outgoing even when i was slimmer,the cheek.
    i also get "you have such a lovely face..........."

8. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    My not so fav comments -

"You carry your weight well" ...I don't wanna carry it well I wanna be a twig. D
    "If you lose too much weight you will lose your curves."..They aint curves...they are excess layers of ugly, dimpled fat.
    "You don't need to lose weight, just tone up a bit."...lol I would hate to weigh 13st 7 and be toned up, I would look like Hulk Hogan.

9. Sexy waiting to happen!

Sexy waiting to happen! Member

Diet:
    CD
    hehe thats funny and soo true - people just dont understand whats its like to feel fat!!

I mean were not asking for alot are we - just to be slim!! xx

10. Skyemagic

Skyemagic Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hello and yep, you are absolutely more than welcome to post here - as they say - the more the merrier..

And on topic: I had all of them..the pretty face, sense of humour, bubbly, you don't look fat (go to specsavers, I was nearly 20 stone...doh) and so on and so forth...

I can only agree with all that you've already said girls..(and boys..)

We look pretty - we want to look stunning
    We are bubbly - we want to be outgoing because our confidence allows us to and not to laugh about ourselves before anyone else does...

I could go on but you are all with me anyway..

loads of love

xxx

11. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

'But you're tall' ummmm, yes, I'm 5ft 10, and also, the sky is blue. Anything else obvious you'd care to say?!!!!

'You're obviously just big boned', I'm not you know! And people had to admit that when i got down to a healthy BMI!

'You've got a pretty face'. Thanks? But I'm with the person above who said I also want a good bod!

'Your family is big', no, my dad is, this is because he lives off lard and doesn't move unless it's strictly necessary (like a foot being on fire or something, although even then I think he'd shout until someone brought him a bucket to put it out!).

12. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    ive had most of the above as well.
    someone not too long ago said to me ' u wont look good slim, ur too big boned' to which i held out a large flabby arm and replied ' go on then, find me a big bone, im not entirely sure i have bones at all' lol
    also had the ' ur so bubbly and funny. when u lose weight u will lose ur 'funny side'.
    hmmm ok, but a) i dont plan to stop smiling,i believe my confidence will actually increase on the smiles PLUS maybe when im slim i will feel ' funny' instead of just feeling ' funny looking'

cherylxx

13. Princess

Princess 2nd Time Lucky!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Ive also had most of the above :sigh:
    Once had from a stranger "You would be a stunner if you were slim"
    Flippin cheek :( mind your own business!

14. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Recent comment from small child at school, during our healthy week...... "You cant go on (the trampoline) Mrs Watts, you are too big and heavy!!"

Out of the mouth of babes... Goodness only knows what she would say if she ever met the formerly 20stone me!!! (about 14 1/2 now, still obese!)

Oh and other comments from colleagues " You surely cant have much more to lose, how much have you lost already??" with an incredulous look. I reckon its a sneaky way of working out just how huge I really was....

15. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The one i often get is " But you wear your clothes so well, you dont notice how big you are". Hmm yeah, you want to have my job trying to find clothes just so i can wear them well. Its like Mission frickin Impossible!

16. Danell

Danell Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Mine has always been 'you have such a pretty face' and 'your not that big, your just big boned' durrrrrrrrrrrrr

17. Caress

Caress Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Diet:
    CD
    oh I get the 'you'd be so much prettier if you were slimmer'

That one doesn't bother me so much as this one..

'Don't lose too much, you don't want to lose that fabulous bosom' grrrrrrrrrrr

Also, and I know it's meant in a nice way, but it does grate

My bf says 'you could be 37 stone and I'd still love you, don't lose too much though'

Like he thinks I'm losing it for him

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. lu-c

lu-c Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.52%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Today !! I went swimming, in the changing rooms with my 2 yr old boy we went to get our stuff, a family were in there with their kids and the little girl (must have been about 3) looked at me and said, look at that whale mummy..2/3 times....her parents then told her to shut up and she said but I thought it was a whale mummy. I was pissed off that I realised its not the litle kids fault it is the ignorance of the parents for saying rude and insulting things in front of their children. I just walked away knowing I would lose this weight but the parents would keep their sad ways. Although all today it has made me think that about myself and wonder what others were thinking and I have never bothered before.

20. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Lol, theyre almost as bad as insults! The one I always got was 'but you're tall you can carry it', however, I;m only 5 10" not 6' 7"!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.