Fat & sugar free sponge

have a look at this website:
Desserts | Slimming Eats

Britmum's site is awesome, she does loads of sw friendly recipes including cakes and puddings :) Also try using the search bar at the top or searching through the dessert threads here. Happy baking!

Recipe fat free cake 9 syns whole thing and makes massive cake or victoria sponge :D

6 eggs
2 ounce's self raising flour
8/9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons vanilla/lemon/almond flavouring depending on what cake u want

Whisk up egg whites until stiff
Then in a separtae bowl beat egg yolks with almond flavouring & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

then pour mixture into your tin & bake in the over on 180/gas 4 for about 10 to 12 mins, or until golden & firm to the touch.

same as above but with a filling.

Fat Free Sponge Cake

Cake Ingredients:

6 eggs
2 ounces self raising flour
9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Filling/topping ingredients:
1 tub quark
Strawberries (as many or as few as you want)
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
6 Tablespoons Granulated sweetener

Separate egg white and yolks into separate bowls.
Try breaking egg onto a plate,gently covering the yolk with an egg cup and tipping the white away.
Whisk up egg whites until stiff. This is going to take some time.
Basically keep whisking until they go white and you can tilt the bowl and they not slide around as you tilt it.
Or if you’re feeling really brave, until you can tip the bowl upside down and they stick.
In bowl with the yolks, whisk egg yolks with the vanilla essence & sweetener, 20 ish seconds with a fork is fine.
Add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat (stir with spoon quite briskly) until pale yellow.
Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.
(Fold - using a spatula or wooden spoon, literally keep getting underneath the mixture and folding it in half, this is done because it is a gentle way to mix and doesn’t take too much air out of the mixture. About 10 times should be enough)
Pour onto a Swiss roll tin lined with baking paper & bake in the oven on 180 for about 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
Try not to open the oven before it is finished, this is why cakes ‘sink’ in the middle when they cool.
Take out of the oven, leave to cool, when cool cut in half.

Filling & topping:
Beat the quark with the vanilla essence & sweetener, spread 3/4 on the bottom layer of the cake, slice the strawberries & put them on top of that, put the top of the cake on & use the rest of the filling to top with more strawberries if you want.

Hope you like it!

Chocolate and orange – Exactly the same except use 1oz Self Raising flour and 1oz Cocoa Powder instead of 2oz Flour. Use orange essence instead of vanilla in both cake and filling.

Sounds good, wonder if it will work if I put into little cake cases and top them with buttons?

Flour and eggs on next shopping list me thinks.

Sounds good, wonder if it will work if I put into little cake cases and top them with buttons?

Flour and eggs on next shopping list me thinks.

Hi yeah it does i made 12 muffins at w/end chocolate ones with almond essence topped with sweetened quark with an options mixed in.....very nice was planning to eat 6 on Sat night since i'm greedy but only managed 3 lol! Enjoy

Jo x

Back