*Fat to Fab Friday Hour by Hour*

Morning Gem!

I am feeling bright and breezy this morning. I'm working from home due to the train strike (grrrr) and had a lie in!

About to have my first tetra of the day and a big glass of water :)

Good morning Gem, and firstly I want to say well done on such a fantastic weight loss so far, you have done really, really well!

Today I'm on a bit of a high - good loss at WI yesterday so loving this diet and feel determined to see it through to target, can't imagine going back to eating 3 times a day when it ends though LOL. Am also delighted as I've just been "homechecked" to see if I'm suitable to own a rescue dog and have been approved!!! The lovely Max, a 6yr old Cairn terrier, will be joining our household at the weekend......yippeeee! I've been trying to persuade DH for 20 years that a dog would be a great addition and he's finally agreed. We two are about to be three!

Wow I wish I could have a day working from home Guru! Lucky you!!! And a lie in! You do not know how badly I need one of them. Roll on Sunday!!!

minxie, thanks for the compliments! I had lost 7st but I put 3st back on. So now on day 11 of my restart and all is going well!

I'm still 100% even though I am having major stress at the moment. Trying to get sorted for moving to Swansea in 6 weeks and everything is falling apart. I cried my eyes out last night and all I wanted to do was eat but I resisted and went to bed early instead. This morning I have a headache and I'm shattered but in better spirits. What has happened has happened to just need to focus on moving on. Luckily I have a supportive fiance however I am emotionally the stronger one of us so I have to keep it together for his sake! Things can only get better right??? x

Morning Gem, guru and Minxie! And everyone else too.

I'm pretty sleepy today. Had a trial shift at a pub doing waiting on last night, went well and have said they want me to keep working there. It's an as and when job, so not ideal, but a job all the same and definitely better than nothing! It's totm for me as of yesterday morning and I tell you, it's being a bit of a b****! I never used to get period pains or anything, but since starting CD my periods have got a lot more regular, though they had started to already, but not a bang on cycle like they are at the moment. But with that has come cramps... eeesh. I seriously wasn't missing out!! I used to get really bad when I was about 14ish, and then it got better, and pain wise I wouldn't even notice it. I'm hoping it's not going back to the day or two of doing nothing because it would suck!

I'm house sitting from today until next Saturday for my sister, looking after their animals. I don't live too far away from them, 15 miles. But here is where my gym and swimming pool is, so will try and make the most of that this week.

Moving to start Uni is a very stressful and sometimes the places we want to move to fall through!

I understand your frustrations Gem.

On a lighter note.... Day 11 huh??? How great are we!!???

Just wish I had your weight loss I'm soo envious!:jelous:

I'm waiting for TOM, which is threatening, but not started in earnest yet.... but on the plus side I've been to the Loo :eek:

Jumped on the scales this morning :(Really shouldn't have bothered... only 1/2lb down. But that was before Poo and TOM... So I'm hoping that by monday any water retention I have will have gone and I'll see some movement on the scales!!!
Or I'll just have to put it down to experience and get on with next week!

Right off to supermarket, need to shop and make stuff for Son so he has food whilst I'm away next week!!

Morning all, hope everyone has a good day. I've finally managed to lose the 4lbs i put on at the weekend at my brother's wedding and back in ketosis. Whoop. Now to glug more water, bleugh! x

On a lighter note.... Day 11 huh??? How great are we!!???

Just wish I had your weight loss I'm soo envious!:jelous:

We are the best! Don't be envious! You probably didn't have my saddle bags full of water and glycogen when you started lol!!! Plus you may have a better loss than me this week!

Jumped on the scales this morning :(Really shouldn't have bothered... only 1/2lb down.

I did that this morning too. And last night. Last night I was 3lbs down and really happy! This morning 1lb down. Why do I keep daily weighing! Stop it Gemma!!!

Well done juju_doll and great news on the job Caroline!

Waitressing is one job I tried. I lasted one night. I just cannot work around food. I feel like people are looking at me and thinking "I hope that fat girl doesn't eat my food before it gets to me!!!"

Morning my lovelies ........

Well it's day 26 for me today and I'm really struggling, I WANT something to eat (I've been craving Pizza) ugh. I'm sure this will pass but today has been the worse day for me (and it's only 11.04) eeeek

X

Stay strong hun! You don't really want that pizza!! Think of all those carbs and grease???

Day 26-you are doing fantastically well! x

Think of a piece of pizza strapped to your belly..... ;)

I went to the supermarket yesterday! I know this is not a huge thing in the scale of thing, but it was big for me. I almost got suckered in by the hot chicken counter but I resisted. And I managed to buy lots of food for my husband (and a dozen bottles of sparkling water for me - and a mag!)

I didn't really enjoy it to be honest. I felt like I was annoying people, I don't know why. But I'd have to keep being like where's this, where does that go, how do you do this on the till, because I'd not worked there, I didn't know how they did things or where they kept things. They didn't have a waistcoat that fit me either, which was extremely embarrassing, so I wore it open. Was only a little too small. But still, was so embarrassing.

The food did look really good I have to say. And smelt so good. You have to plate up all your own puddings, and they kind of made it clear you could take a very small slice to try if you want. But small, and occasionally. Soooo tempting, they're amazing, all made there. Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake. Chocolate Fudge Cake. And I'm going to shut up now!

My feet absolutely killed by the end of the night, and for £5.40 an hour it barely seems worth it. But I need the money!

I got a decent amount of tips though, £8.30, over a 4 hours shift, isn't bad. But apparently you have to put all the tips in the tip jar, and it gets shared out on the first of the month. I'm not sure that I really agree with that in a way. Some people don't earn tips for a reason! But then, there's some times you don't get them. Like if you're in the kitchen or whatever. Not all of that went in the tip jar though, because I was only told at the end, so only £2 went in that had just been left. They'd made it quite clear it was for me, and was like this is for you, emphasis on the you, and didn't seem impressed that the woman took it off me to put in the tip jar!

So while not an amazing job, and is just here and there, it's a job!

Well done Guru! I have two tins of tuna in springwater in my cupboard that keep calling to me. I can hear them:

"Eat me. Eat me. Eat me!!! EAT ME!!!!"

I remember when I first did CD I became addicted to food shopping for my OH and cooking for him! It was like I was eating the food but I was only smelling it!

I also became addicted to cookery programmes and collecting recipes! What a sad existence I have!!! x

i don't agree with tip jars either caroline. all your hard earned tips go to someone else! so not fair!!!

And, it didn't help that I was sooo hungry! I'd had breakfast about 10ish but nothing else! I had to leave at 5 and didn't think about how that meant I needed to do dinner early! And I was busy running around getting my stuff ready to take to my sisters (here for a week and came straight from work) and emptying my car of everything as the scrap people are picking it up from my parents house today. So just didn't have the time!

Oh gosh I have just realised something! By the time I come back home from uni, it will be Christmas and I will be nearly at goal. My mum and friends etc. won't have seen me since the beginning of September so I will be potentially 4st lighter and can really wow them! Now that's something to work towards. Seeing the looks on their faces when I walk in weighing 11st something!! I am going to focus on that image to get me through this!!! x

And, it didn't help that I was sooo hungry! I'd had breakfast about 10ish but nothing else! I had to leave at 5 and didn't think about how that meant I needed to do dinner early! And I was busy running around getting my stuff ready to take to my sisters (here for a week and came straight from work) and emptying my car of everything as the scrap people are picking it up from my parents house today. So just didn't have the time!

Argh I hate rushing around. I nearly left home without my shakes this morning! That would have been a disaster. A 12hr shift with no 'food'!!!! Luckily my cat miaowed which drew my attention to the sofa where he was sitting next to my bag of tetras. I am sure he was telling not to forget them hehe!

i don't agree with tip jars either caroline. all your hard earned tips go to someone else! so not fair!!!

Yup, I know! I don't mind when everyone works equally hard. But I've been in situations when people don't. Some people don't get tips for a reason. Because they don't give good service, and don't deserve it! I get tips because I give a good service. I don't do the bare minimum. I make sure everything's ok, will make conversation, be chatty, friendly etc. I guess it's why I've done bar work mainly, it's what I'm fairly good at. I ust hate when people aren't rude, but are just... apathetic. It's obvious they don't want to be there. Mumble. Do the bare minimum. Plain face, no smile. I won't be employing people like that when I run my... establishment! Haven't quite decided what establishment that will be!! lol I think I want to manage a music venue. I used to want my own bar. But I'm thinking music venue.

I won't be employing people like that when I run my... establishment! Haven't quite decided what establishment that will be!! lol I think I want to manage a music venue. I used to want my own bar. But I'm thinking music venue.

That sounds fantastic caroline. What an aspiration to have!

I always quite fancy bar work but I don't think I have the confidence!

Back