Fat To Fab in 2014

Lol this made me giggle Heather - I hope you had a good sleep hunni. Whats the time difference there?

I had a lush lie in today got up about 11.15 so a late brekkie for me. Today Im making a Chicken Korma with Aldi's greek coconut and vanilla yogurt also some SW quiches I think. These will do for lunches at work for a few days with salady stuff.

Im also going to do a butternut squash, carrot and chilli soup too. Thats if I ever get off my butt lol x

Oooh, didn't want to wake up this morning Sheila - we're 13 hours ahead of you so it's Monday morning and the usual mayhem of getting the girls ready for school.
Your cooking plans sound totally delish to me - now that the kidlets are at school I'm setting aside some time this morning to plan my meals for the next few days. I'm going to include loads of veggies to fill me up this time, instead of so much pasta! :rolleyes:

Good on you for treating yourself to a well-deserved Sunday morning lie-in!

H xx

Oooh, didn't want to wake up this morning Sheila - we're 13 hours ahead of you so it's Monday morning and the usual mayhem of getting the girls ready for school.
Your cooking plans sound totally delish to me - now that the kidlets are at school I'm setting aside some time this morning to plan my meals for the next few days. I'm going to include loads of veggies to fill me up this time, instead of so much pasta! :rolleyes:

Good on you for treating yourself to a well-deserved Sunday morning lie-in!

H xx

Hi Heather - well I got as far as making the scan bran cakes and the Korma lol. I decided to hoover the stairs down (3 floors) and do some washing, then had to sit down cos my back was killing grrrr the tablets obviously arent working as well as they should.

Planning is the key I think - at least a couple of days ahead. Lots of snacks to hand either very low or no syn, carrot, cucumber, peppers batons with home made yogurt and mint dip ( fat free total yogurt and a tbsp of mint sauce, if you can get sugar free its syn free, if not a tbsp is 0.5 syns) its great for dipping.

Lean ham, home made coleslaw, beetroot, pickles nom nom x

Day 8

Well, well, no surprises here. Stepped on the scales for my first week's weigh-in and as expected I gained. I'm 2 lb heavier than I was last week. Ordinarily I'd be tearing my hair out/ranting/raving/crying/you name it, but thanks to all the supportive comments and wise words from my minis friends, I have accepted the blip as a learning curve and am starting afresh today with more knowledge than I had at the start of last week!

I will take some time out this morning to do some menu planning for the next few days to include lots and lots of superfree. I'm determined to show a loss next week!!

H xx

Boo to the gain, but loving the positivity for the week ahead. Super free is the way to go, include them in all your snacks too if you can. I'm us you'll see a massive turn around on the scales next week. :)

Day 8

Well, well, no surprises here. Stepped on the scales for my first week's weigh-in and as expected I gained. I'm 2 lb heavier than I was last week. Ordinarily I'd be tearing my hair out/ranting/raving/crying/you name it, but thanks to all the supportive comments and wise words from my minis friends, I have accepted the blip as a learning curve and am starting afresh today with more knowledge than I had at the start of last week!

I will take some time out this morning to do some menu planning for the next few days to include lots and lots of superfree. I'm determined to show a loss next week!!

H xx

Sorry to hear about your gain H, but glad your taking control this week and I'm sure your going to have a super loss next week hun. It's always good to plan ahead, that way you can avoid snacking and there will be plenty of free food for you to enjoy which you would have stocked up on :) . Hope you have a smashing week ahead hun ! :p

Kay xx

Day 8

H xx

Boo to the gain love. Its good to hear your not disheartened, and your right its all a learning curve. We have all been there and its good to know the support we all get from friends on minis spurs us on and keeps us going. Good luck for the week ahead chick and dont be scared to ask for help xx

Hi Heather - well I got as far as making the scan bran cakes and the Korma lol. I decided to hoover the stairs down (3 floors) and do some washing, then had to sit down cos my back was killing grrrr the tablets obviously arent working as well as they should.

Planning is the key I think - at least a couple of days ahead. Lots of snacks to hand either very low or no syn, carrot, cucumber, peppers batons with home made yogurt and mint dip ( fat free total yogurt and a tbsp of mint sauce, if you can get sugar free its syn free, if not a tbsp is 0.5 syns) its great for dipping.

Lean ham, home made coleslaw, beetroot, pickles nom nom x

Sheila I saw the pics of the Korma and scan bran cakes on your diary and they look totally delish! I went through a phase over Christmas/New Year of really going off cooking. It was partly because of the heat here during the peak of the summer, but also because I was so bored with cooking the same old food for the family. I love trying out new recipes, but my girls can be so fussy at times that I tend to take the easy way out and cook something I know they'll like and actually eat, rather than spend time cooking something new that could end up being rejected! However, when I was going through the recipes on here and some of the little recipe booklets that sometimes came with the magazines (Around the World in 30 dishes/All Your Takeaway Faves made lighter, etc) I found a load of recipes that will keep me on plan and appeal to the family at the same time!! Yay, I've got my cooking mojo back!! :D

H xx

Today is turning out to be a very productive day. I have started finding recipes that the whole family will enjoy, as well as allowing me to stick to the plan.

I also went shopping with my hubby this morning and came home with a brand new bicycle and cycle helmet, so I'm on a mission to get more active. We bought the bicycle in our local Kmart and it was such a bargain. While we were in there I also made a total impulse buy of Kmart's home brand version of the Actifry. It was so cheap that it was rude not to - a mere $49 which is about 25 pounds! I used it at lunch time to make chips and they were totally delicious and cooked completely without fat. This new gadget is going to revolutionize my SW meals - I can cook just about anything in it! I'm on such a high that people will think I've been on the magic mushrooms! :crazy:

H xx

Boo to the gain, but loving the positivity for the week ahead. Super free is the way to go, include them in all your snacks too if you can. I'm us you'll see a massive turn around on the scales next week. :)

Thank you Cookie, I've stocked up on plenty of super free fruits and veggies this morning and am definitely going to go all out to have a loss at the end of this week.

H xx

Sorry to hear about your gain H, but glad your taking control this week and I'm sure your going to have a super loss next week hun. It's always good to plan ahead, that way you can avoid snacking and there will be plenty of free food for you to enjoy which you would have stocked up on :) . Hope you have a smashing week ahead hun ! :p

Kay xx

Thank you Kay, I went to the veggie shop this morning and stocked up on some lovely fresh fruit and veggies. Pumpkin and butternut squash are in season at the moment which are two of my favourites - I like to make roasted pumpkin soup, and I'm going to use the butternut squash in a vegetable tagine later in the week. Loads of delicious meals to look forward to!

I was disappointed not to be able to get any kale though; it seems that none of the shops around here sell it. I will try the Farmer's market at the weekend, or alternatively see if we can get some seeds and grow our own. I did a quick look on Google and found that the primary use for Kale in NZ is for winter feed for farming stock! :eek: Maybe I need to talk nicely to one of our local farmers.....:rolleyes:.

H xx

Hey H :), your food shop sounds really healthy, I'm sure you'll make some lovely meals out of that. Thank you for all the support you've given me on my diary, I really appreciate it :p . I hope you have a smashing loss this week hun. Hope you manage to source the kale too, otherwise no worries there are plenty of other veggies packed with iron and fibre like kale, such as spinach. As long as you have some greens in your diet its all good :D . Hope your having a lovely day ! :)

Kay xx

Hey H :), your food shop sounds really healthy, I'm sure you'll make some lovely meals out of that. Thank you for all the support you've given me on my diary, I really appreciate it :p . I hope you have a smashing loss this week hun. Hope you manage to source the kale too, otherwise no worries there are plenty of other veggies packed with iron and fibre like kale, such as spinach. As long as you have some greens in your diet its all good :D . Hope your having a lovely day ! :)

Kay xx

Hi Kay,

Great to have you back on here - missed you heaps :hug99:.

I've given up trying to find kale here, but we do have plenty of spinach and silverbeet (chard) although neither of those are exactly favourites of mine! I can eat them only when they are heavily disguised with other flavours :eek:.

So far I've been having a really good week food-wise. I'm beginning to wonder if my body has been taken over by aliens or something, because the longest I have ever stuck to a diet/healthy eating plan without cheating is about 4 days!! I've been filling up on lots of superfree foods, so I'm really hoping that I show a loss on the scales next week. If not, I'll know that this eating plan is not right for me. :rolleyes:

H xx

HI Heather - I hope you have had a lovely day hun x

Thanks Sheila,

Another lovely summer-like day here for us -it's a beauty. Making the most of it though because the weather forecasters are talking about the tail-end of a tropical cyclone hitting us over the weekend so it will be rain and gale force winds for us :eek:.

I've stuffed myself with a delicious vegetable tagine (possibly the same recipe that Cookie has been using), but the word 'maltesers' keeps creeping into my head. Ever since a certain person had a malteser-fest at the weekend, I've had this mysterious craving.......;). I'm doing my best to fight it though - if I give in I'll end up on a full-scale binge.:rolleyes:.

Hope you have a super day today hun.

H xx

Good evening :) or is it morning for you? The vegetable tagine is the same recipe as yours I added a little balsamic vinegar and Worcester sauce to mine, cooked with one sweet potato. I'm so making it again it was delicious, and quite cheap to make, I do like a couple of green days a week and Brett loved it too.
Are you having a good day so far? Any new meals planned I could poach? Xx

Morning H :), hope your having a lovely day hun. Just wanted to ask you, what day is your official weigh in, in the week ?

Kay xx

Hi H. Hope you are well and sticking to plan. Remember you can have your syns so long as you count them. Just make sure you fill up on free food first. Then you prob will find you don't need the treat. I sometimes save up my milk (HEA) and have a milky coffee in the evening with a Crunchie 9.5syns. I save my syns for the day for that little treat. x

Back