Fatfighter is now a very proud mummy

I am sure your baby is making you eat - mine always did! You are in the stage of pg when you need to gain most weight, so don't worry too much about it! Are you following any diet/healthy eating plan or have you decided to take a break whilst pg??

Oh, and I agree with doing canvases instead of murals! :) What motives are you doing?

congrats at hitting 22 weeks honey :D i think the canvasses is a fab idea. i was thinking of hanging small pictures around the centre of the room instead of a border.

That sounds lovely Abz, what theme are you going for?

Hey FF. How you doing. Did you have your manual manipulation done on Tuesday.

I'm going tomorrow for mine, 20 week scan on Friday, can't wait.

i'm not sure... but i do have a lot of heart things. not really cheesy hearts, but quite contemporary heart things, so i thought i might get some funky pics in matching colours, not pink, ha. or maybe some flowers... am not sure... haven't got that far. need to paint the walls cream first and then think about it :)

Aww it'll be lovely. We're doing jungle and are basing it around these pics

4341121703_b16614a957_m.jpg

when she's older i'd love it to be painted in a really pale green with swirls and butterflies, providing we don't have another bambino who has to share with her :p

i've been getting kicks so low down, it's a very weird feeling :eek:

Oh, painting nurseries! How exciting! I wish I could, but we have not got the room. Baby will sleep with us for the first year, then we will see how we re-jiggle things. We have a live in nanny so a room is taken up by her, but that may change now that it looks like my husband may be living in the same country for a while! Anyway, third baby and still never had the nursery experience *sob*. Good reason to have baby number 4 in a couple of years, lol!

Are you girls following any healthy eating programmes?

A live in nanny? Think most people would prefer that to "the nursery experience" ;)
I haven't followed any programmes, I've *tried* to be good but I've been nowhere near perfect. One thing I wish was different is exercise. SPD makes it pretty much impossible and I have to admit I do miss it :eek:

Trust me, the nanny was a necessity! DH has worked abroad for 4 of my DDs 5 1/2 years in this world, only coming home every 4 months for one year, and once a month (for two days) for the rest.... So with a full time job, a little girl, and then a SPD filled pregnancy followed by promotion to mother of two, a little help was required! I also prefered it that way as rather than DD being in school and after school club and DS being in nursery all day, they were at least together even though I could not be with them... Lessened my guilt of returning to work a little. Plus it worked out cheaper than the patchwork childcare that was the alternative!

Anyway, I do feel for you with the SPD. my mum had it terribly when pg with my (much) younger brothers, and was off work for 6 years afterwards as she never healed. I got it too and was pretty bad when pg, crawling up and down the stairs, needing my 3 1/2 year old to help me out of bed etc, but was at least lucky enough to recover soon after birth.

This time I hope gaining less weight might help??? Smaller baby pounding on my pelvis would definitely be great (DS was 10lbs 7 oz). I still manage to work out, but today I only ran 20 minutes before it started to hurt, whereas I ran a half marathon (2 hr 6 min) when I was 5 weeks pg. Not sure how much longer I can keep running, but will try a few more weeks. In my gym they have those machines that are like bikes but you pedal with your arms, so when my pelvis gets bad I will move onto that - I will have the trimmest arms in town at the end of pg (accompanied by fat, cellulite ridden legs, LOL!)

You have done EXTREMELY well with your weight gain - very impressive, especially if you have not followed a plan!

I don't know about a nanny, I think valium is what I'd be needing if I was you lol.
I've been back to the hospital today :(
I've had a really tender tummy and horrible back pain since Thursday, I dropped a urine sample in to the docs which came back clear so i just put it down to stretching pains and stuff but they're bad enough to keep me awake at night and last night 60mg of codeine didn't even take the edge off so I've been up since 5AM this morning trying to get comfortable and failing miserably.
DH rang his mam who insisted I phone the MW who told me to go in for monitoring (thankfully I've just shaved my legs! ;)lol) DH can't get away from work til 5 (he was meant to be there til 9tonight) so his mam took me through and seen more of me than I ever hoped she would:ashamed0005: but thankfully everything looks OK and it's not labour (I only started worrying that it might be when they told me it wasn't! :rolleyes:) and just because she's clearly stubborn like her mammy :eek: wimble done her best to prove me wrong when I said I haven't been feeling her as much coz as soon as I lay on the bed she started kicking away like a good 'un! :rolleyes:
Anyway everything looks fine and I'll put up with the pain and more as long as it means my little princess is OK :)
On a positive note - went to my friends yesterday afternoon and she has a 15 month old daughter and has just had a clear out which worked very well in our favour as we came home with 5 huge bin bags full of clothes. All decent stuff too- Pumpkin Patch, Oshkosh, Jasper Conran, etc...lots still with the labels on! :bliss:Just not looking forward to washing and ironing it all, we've sorted it into 9 loads! :eek:

Glad all was well at hospital hun. Well done on bagging your freebies from your friend, all good stuff too by the sounds of it.

Tis all lovely stuff but realised friends little 'un is a winter baby so lots of it won't be suitable for wimble. I don't think she'd appreciate freezing her bot off in winter just coz mammy liked the very cute T-shirt that was size 6-9 months :rolleyes: lol

You can always use T-shirts on top of long sleeved tops and skirts with leggings under! :) Glad all was well, pg is never easy.

Hey,you updated your signature! :) I was trying to catch up with you, lol. When I first joined here you had 19 weeks in your signature, and that seemed SO far away for me. But I am 16 today so nearly there, but you have leap away to 23. I guess there is no way I am actually going to catch you up, but hey, it is nice to something to aim for!

How are you these days??

LMAO Anne. I kinda know what you mean, I remember when my friend was 22 weeks and I was 9, it felt like I'd never get there. I'm guessing patience isn't your strong point either? :D
Do you have little milestones to aim for? I'm guessing your next one is your scan?
I have V-day on Monday, then the one after that is my 4D scan on 13th March > 28 weeks > 32 weeks > 36 weeks. I don't know why those particular weeks, just so wimble is getting stronger and closer to being here I suppose lol.
I've started reading Ima May's guide to childbirth, anybody considering a natural birth I'd definitely recommend it :)

Hey hun, sorry I really must do better at updating here :rolleyes:
Not much to update really, it would just turn into a good old moan so we'll leave it at bubs is fine (yay!) but my pelvis isn't (boo!) lol.
MW still useless :( but we have our 4D scan in 13 days and I'm sooo excited to see our wimble again! :D

Hey hun, glad to hear wimble is well. Sorry the pelvic pains are bad. I have bad hips sometimes and that's bad enough so you have my sympathies.

Wooo, 13 days til 4D scan for you. I've got another 3 and a bit weeks til my 32 week scan. I've got to have a couple of growth scans to make sure he's growing OK. :D Love seeing him. You'll be amazed when you go for your 4D have clear everything is! :D xxx

oooh, good luck with your scans guys. enjoy them :D i really wish i was getting another one :( can't wait to see your pics.

glad you are ok, but sorry that your pelvis isn't :( i got a letter from the hospital but of course it isn't an appointment... it's a letter stating i have to ring for an appointment. and can i remember to do it???? gah!!

abz xx

Back