Fatfighter is now a very proud mummy

We got 2 separate discs - 1 with the pics and the other with the DVD, we also got 6 colour prints, 6 B/W prints and a large colour print :) Not sure where you're having yours but we went to babybond (who I don't think are the cheapest) and had the £199 package coz the next package down didn't include the CD with the images on. HTH :)

Awwww FF, she's a little stunner!!!! I love the pics. :D
Me and OH were thinking of having a 4D scan but we decided against it because we wanted one little surprise, seeing what he looked like when he was born.
The fact we are having growth scans gives us a little extra chance to see features a little clearer but even if we weren't having them, we're happy to wait, but it's soooo sweet seeing other peoples pictures. :D

Hope you're doing well and things are less painful for you
xxx

Thanks girls :)
Abbie I see your point about the surprise of knowing what he looks like but for us personally I don't think it's spoiled anything, and at a young age their features change from day to day anyway lol. Nothing can take away the feeling of the moment when you first meet them, whether or not you know what they look like :character00100:
I think madam has shifted position co I'm not feeling as many of her kicks (but when I do OMG some of them actually hurt :eek:) and sometimes I feel like she is kicking me up the bum - very strange sensation!
We've also got her nursery just about finished :happy036: here's a few pics

Attachments

• P1000283.jpg
    P1000283.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P1000292.jpg
    P1000292.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 35
  • P1000300.jpg
    P1000300.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 34
  • P1000305.jpg
    P1000305.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 34
  • P1000316.jpg
    P1000316.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 39
Loving the nursery, your so organised. I've still no place for anything, its all stored under my stairs at present. All the big things like pram and moses basket is at sisters as nowhere to put it.

Must be lovely just going in and knowing little one will soon be in her cot.

The reason I'm so organised is coz step-SiL had her little boy at 30 weeks and it's made me really paranoid lol. Luckily she was super organised too lol.
MiL is keeping our pram. I'm not particularly superstitious but everyone else is so if it keeps them happy... lol.
I've been looking into hypnobirthing and though i can't afford to do a course I've bought some CD's and books and have been quite impressed so far. I find it really difficult to relax but can now manage about 10 minutes of deep relaxation and hopefully with practice I'll have as little intervention as possible when it's little miss' time to arrive :)

28 weeks today :happy036: which means that if I get the induction I'm hoping for I could be meeting my daughter 10 weeks from now :D We see the consultant on Thursday so I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed :cross:
I know some of the 1st trimester symptoms come back in 3rd tri but was really hoping the morning sickness and headaches wouldn't . But of course they have, every morning this week before my breakfast I've been sick :sign0137:and the headaches don't go away no matter what I do :sigh: I'm really hoping it's just a hormone surge as wimble has had a quiet few days this week so could possibly have been a growth spurt? :confused:
It's a miserable day here so think I'm going to have a lazy day and work my way through the hypnobirthing stuff :)

here :) they were £36 which was really reasonable I thought.
The book I have is this one which is great but I don't use her CD's as I find her voice irritating which just defeats the object :rolleyes:

Welcome :) You need to get a wiggle on if you're thinking of doing a hypnobirth though ;)
I ended up in the PAU the other day, have had a horrible headache and sickness for a few days but on Sunday I was being sick, passed out and woke up on the bathroom floor, scary stuff! I keep getting really lightheaded and dizzy too :( Baba was kicking away so I knew she was OK but DH insisted I get checked out. They done all the usual checks which were fine and took bloods so will get the results of those tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to seeing wimble at the scan tomorrow but dreading it in case they tell me she's already a 3 pounder lol. I see the consultant afterwards and I'm going to broach induction at 38 weeks due to the severity of the SPD so we'll see if she's agreeable!

good luck for the scan honey :) it will be great to see your LO again. i find out on friday whether i need one or not. i'm torn between wanting to see her again and being able to confirm she's a girl (ha) and not wanting to measure too big in case she's an absolute whopper!! although i'm fairly sure i'm measuring big because i have a big belly...

abz xx

Lol Abz.
Baby looked good, still a girl (really think I should accept it now lol) and measuring spot on :D Weight estimated to be about 2lbs 13ozs which is bang in the middle of the growth charts so very happy with that. She has a big belly and short legs though lol.
And my weight gain now stands at a stone and a half :( Roll on October when I can get back to CD, I'm especially excited with all the new changes :bliss:

fab news honey :D so glad that all is well :) at our last scan the femur measurements were above average and everything else was spot on, so maybe she's leggy? thomas is tall and skinny so am hoping that she's got his genes in that department :D

abz xx

Aww Abz if her daddy is tall then she will probably be long too. I'm 5'6" and DH is 5'7" so it's inevitable wimble will be a short arse! I'm just glad she's measuring OK with everything :)
Mini you don't even want to know how badly that conversation went! Apparently pain is good for me(!) and it's down to my physio to prescribe stronger pain relief (WTF?) and I should have a belt (umm I'm wearing it!) so I never even brought up the possibility of induction...
She said my weight gain is shocking, they only like you to gain 21lbs in your whole pregnancy and I have months to go. The way she was talking was like I was going to die giving birth as my BMI is now 39. I asked about how much time off DH should take after the baby is here (he's self employed so doesn't get paternity pay) and she made me feel like I had no right to be expecting his help. I'm not breastfeeding and of course she made it sound like I was going to be poisoning my daughter!
I came out of there and sat in the car and just cried, I really feel like I'm going to be the worst mummy in the world.

Aww hun, that is awful, who are they to make you feel bad. Shame about the induction though as its not fair to live through that pain when they can actually do something.

As for the weight gain, you can deal with that later, but considering you have extra blood/fluid and baby weight and you need extra fat stores, 21lbs is fab.

Bottlefeeding is not going to harm your little one, what if something was wrong that you couldn't breastfeed, they wouldn't make you feel bad then.

Sounds like your appointment wasn't very positive, but that is down to the consultant and not you.

My physio told me to see consultant/gp for pain relief, they don't prescribe, so that is just bizarre that your consultant couldn't advise.

The funny thing was she sat there and told me that I could have tramadol, diclofenc etc etc but then when I asked her to prescribe it she said "no you have to see your physio" I was like :confused: physio's can't prescribe. She said "oh no, you have to see your community MW for that, but it's good for you to see so many people as it means you are really coping well with the pain" :confused::mad::sigh::rolleyes: I'm just going to put it down to the fact she wasn't English and have booked an appointment to see my GP :rolleyes:

Was she your actual consultant, she may have been a registrar or a junior doctor and it wouldn't be her decision if you could be induced. I'd make another appt for ante natal clinic around 37 weeks and specifically ask to see consultant to go through induction options. Sounds like that doctor doesn't even have an idea of the pain of SPD.

Back