Fatfighter is now a very proud mummy

I'm starting to feel really excited now waiting for your BA (and Abz and co's)!!
hope the pelvic pain is manageable for you - not much longer now:))

Aww Jo, hope yours doesn't get too bad, make sure you access all the help you can as soon as you need it, don't put it off til it gets too bad.
Mini- I'm actually going to be induced at 37+4, hope they don't keep you hanging on too long hun. My new consultant is fantastic, she just said that it's ridiculous to keep me hanging on when I'm in this amount of pain and it's impacting so much on my quality of life. I didn't even need to put my argument for it across (and I was going to ask for 38 weeks anyway :p)
Bless you Abz, I've been pretty much confined to the bedroom for ages now, you really do have my sympathies. Are you trying all the natural induction methods (well apart from long walks and DTD obviously!) Hope your little lady makes an appearance soon and that it settles down quickly after birth
Thanks Octavia, will post as soon as I can :)

Thats excellent news about your induction, you now know the end is in sight, take care, Jo

Wow, you only have 8 days to go then, lucky you. I've been told I'll have a fight on my hands, but need to be strong in putting my case across. Haven't met my consultant yet, so really hope she is lovely and understanding, lol.

Mini I spent aaaages putting a really good case together, researched it thoroughly and then I didn't even need it.
I had stuff like impact on ADL's, long term analgesia and it's effect on me and baby, impact on family, social isolation, depression etc etc. Good luck with it, if there's anything I can maybe help with drop me a PM :)

I think it really depends on Hospital policy and your Consultant, I suffered SPD on my 3rd pregnancy and was booked in for an induction , without much persuasion on my part, at 38 weeks. On my 4th preg again had SPD but I had a different consultant and she wouldn't entertain induction before 39 weeks :( even though I was much worse the second time around :mad:
I am hoping that I get a more sympathetic consultant this time, I would take FF's advice and do loads of research so you have a strong case and then hopefully you won't need it ;)

The medics I was under before I transferred hospitals actually took the "SPD is not a good enough reason to bring the baby early" stance but then again I was also told that pain is good so I think I've just been lucky that my new consultant lives in the real world!

The medics I was under before I transferred hospitals actually took the "SPD is not a good enough reason to bring the baby early" stance but then again I was also told that pain is good so I think I've just been lucky that my new consultant lives in the real world!
They have obviously never suffered with it then :mad: So glad you have a sympathetic consultant now ;)

OMG this heat rally isn't good when you're heavily pregnant:eek:
My ankles are, well lets just say I no longer have ankles :( and I'm going to have to take off my wedding ring :cry:
Despite that I'm glad the sun is shining and hope it continues, specially as all my lil ladies NB and 0-3 stuff is summery! (Yeah I'm an optimist :D)

It's good to be an optimist :D If I lived on my own with my OH, I'd have laid around the house naked today, it's been so hot! lol! The fan is on and I'm baking still.

I bet your little lady is going to look lovely in her little clothes! Awww xx

If you'd seen the clip of me today :rolleyes: Denim skirt from last summer (when I was 3 sizes bigger but bump-less) that wasn't what you'd call a perfect fit ;) with a vest top that didn't cover my bump. Sweat making my hair stick to my face, swollen fingers and ankles, streaming eyes and nose from hayfever.... gorgeous! :ashamed0005:

I swear someone had me proper laughing earlier on, said the way they were dressed, Rab C Nesbitt had nothing on them! I was proper chuckling haha!

LMAO. Oh to be Denise van Outen (the jammy moo!)

i feel like a trucker. here in my maternity troos and a top that is pre-pregnancy. was sitting here at the computer drinking a non-alcohol beer with my belly sticking right out between troos and top and burping like a goodun'.

induction hasn't even been mentioned to me. in fact my midwife hasn't really had anything to say about my spd. she only added a small note to my maternity notes this last time when i asked her who i was supposed to tell or what i was supposed to do about it as physio and midwife have nothing to do with each other. basically it's down to me to tell the midwives delivering my baby and that's it. i have to wait until two weeks overdue for an induction. i don't mind still being pregnant. it's the pelvic pain that's getting me down. managed to hobble around morrisons for some shopping with OH this aft for about half an hour. now i can't move. and tomorrow i will likely be completely immobile too.

and i haven't been able to wear my wedding or engagement rings for about six months or more. i miss them :(

abz xx

Your midwife should have referred you to consultant care as soon as you started experiencing SPD, it makes me mad how some midwives dismiss it out of hand :mad: Anyway I really hope it doesn't get any worse for you and that you go into labour soon, take care, Jo

Hope she comes soon and things settle down quickly for you Abz.
I agree with Jo, my MW was quite dismissive and it was only through going to my GP that I got the physio referral. When I walked into the MW with crutches she went "awww is your pelvis bothering you?" Stupid woman!
Thanks minime, feel like I have a million and 1 last minute bits to do today but I'm so damn sore I don't know where to start!
Eeeeeek this time tomorrow I'll be in labour (I hope lol)

Good luck for tomorrow, how exciting, hope it all goes to plan and you have a quick and easy labour ;)

Back