Fatfighter is now a very proud mummy

Glad the growth scan went well but cant believe the consultant is being such and arse! hope things work out ok x

Wow, I'm shocked that someone in that field of work would make you feel like complete and utter poop instead of offering their support. Maybe a complaint should be made??

Glad you got to see your LO and that everything is all bang on target, it's fab news!

xxx

Mini she was her registrar but went in to see her midway through the appointment so consultant "knows" (registrars version) what's going on.
Abbie a few people have said to complain but I really don't want the extra hassle - and nowt will come of it anyway so there's no point!
I just really wish I'd listened to my instincts and chosen to have my care at the hospital where I work rather than let the MW who done my booking appointment persuade me to have it at my local hospital :sigh:

switch hospitals hon. it can be done :)

what an absolute arse!! hopefully your gp will be able to help honey.

hugs. you and your LO are both doing fine. if you don't want to breastfeed then you shouldn't be made to feel bad about it. the thought of it freaks me out a bit but i'm going to give it a shot. but if i can't handle it then i don't want to feel terrible about bottle feeding. my mum couldn't breast feed as she has to take drugs for her heart and i'm just fine :)

abz xx

I'm seeing my GP after the Easter break for a referral to the hospital where I wanted to go in the beginning. Feeling soooo much happier about things and if I get one consultant in particular (I used to work with her) I'll be over the moon :)

Vickie I see you're from my neck of the woods which hospital have you been seen at? and where are you thinking about going to? Hope you don't mind me asking, just I had my first 2 at one hospital and my last one at another and have good and bad reports on both.

Durham at the min, hoping to go to the RVI. Would be interested to hear your experience, either on here or by PM :)

I had Grace at the RVI. The pregnancy itself was plain sailing so don't have any experience with consultants etc. I had my first 2 at north tyneside and feel the birthing experience at the Rvi was much better, however the aftercare at RVI was disappointing. PM any questions hun I will be happy to help if I can.

really hope you get what you want hon :) switching consultants will do you the world of good i'm sure :) the one you've seen sounds like a right prat!!

abz xx

Thanks Lisa Marie :)
My sentiments exactly Abi ;) I was a bit emotional about it all last week but now I've had time to think about it I'm furious but that makes me determined to have it my way.
Not sure minime, my GP used to work with the consultant I'm thinking of and I'm sure if it's possible to request a specific one then she'll refer me to her :)

I really hate being pregnant :( I've had such a horrible time of it with the pain and immobility caused by the SPD and they've now decided to put me on twice daily injections and make me wear some sexy stockings to prevent DVT's :sigh: I have low blood pressure and insomnia too and generally just feel really crap :cry:
I want to hibernate for the next 10 weeks!

Really feel for you hun. I never experienced spd but didn't enjoy any of my pregnancies. Sending you hugs hun and fingers crossed if you can't have an early induction, nature brings your baby a few days earlier than expected. x

I really hate being pregnant :( I've had such a horrible time of it with the pain and immobility caused by the SPD and they've now decided to put me on twice daily injections and make me wear some sexy stockings to prevent DVT's :sigh: I have low blood pressure and insomnia too and generally just feel really crap :cry:
I want to hibernate for the next 10 weeks!

Totally sympathise hun, I now have carpal tunnel on top of the SPD, which means that I can't even use my crutches as bending my fingers round the handles is painful and my fingers are swollen. I'm seeing physio tomorrow for it. I'm just wishing the next 10 weeks away too.

Do you have a blood clotting problem if they have put you on blood thinning injections?

Thanks Lisa Marie :)
I feel awfully guilty for moaning, we were TTC for almost 2 years so I do know how lucky I am really.
Aww minime hope the physio helps, is that for the carpal tunne or the SPD? Did they manipulate you at all?
I have to say I rarely use my crutches, I don't really leave the house at the moment and it's easier just to cling onto the furniture like an 80 year old lol.
I have no history of clotting disorders and my aunty has a really rare form of haemophilia so it's all a bit worrying really. Obviously I'd rather have the injections than a PE though! :rolleyes: Just worried about the lack of follow up, I'll have been on them 5 weeks before I see the consultant again which is a bit crap IMO.
That said, I'm seeing my GP in an hour about changing hospitals anyway. She's really on the ball so will see what she says. I hope she's ready for me! :eek:

oh honey. i feel for you so much.

i sauntered into the physio yesterday and came out with two back supports, crutches, weekly acupuncture appointments and instructionsn to stop work immediately... and i'm not close to being in as much pain as you. and i moan enough about mine!!

massive hugs honey.

abz xx

So glad you've seen the physio Abi, moan away, I do :D Are you on maternity leave now then? Whoop!

Eeek Kirsty that is a bit worrying! Physio told me 6 weeks for it to settle down but 2 years to get back to normal, and even then monthly hormonal changes can bring on mild symptoms. Luvverly!

Everything went well with GP yesterday and I'm now having my baby at the hospital that was always my first choice :) She asked what my reasons were for wanting to switch and I handed her a 2 page letter of complaint (that I hadn't really intended to send, it was just me getting it out of my system lol) she read it and said "well I can't argue with that" so I feel quite justified now :)
Seeing my MW tomorrow, I haven't seen her for 6 weeks so hoping she signs my HIP grant form!

Don't feel guilty about moaning or feeling grumpy about being pregnant. It's not the actual being pregnant thing you're moaning about, it's the side effects you get.
Everyone on here and around you knows how happy you are to be pregnant and expecting your bundle of joy. It's the pain of the SPD and now your extra symptoms you're peed off with, so don't feel bad.

Anyway...on a lighter note, YAY for reaching the 30's club. Not long to go now! :D xx

You've still not got your HIP grant, that is a bit late for mw not to have signed it. I have received and spent mine:D - thats what paid for my 3d scan.

Glad you got your hospital choice changed, one less thing to worry about.

My physio today was because I needed a new tubigrip and also splints for the carpal tunnel. She had a push at my hips and said the alignment is ok, but I've been so sore since i left. I've to go back in 2 weeks and go through birthing positions and she will check my pain free gap for me too.

We just need to remember we have completed 3/4 of the pregnancy so far, so the end is definitely in sight, just seems so far away sometimes.

Thanks Abi, you're so right :)
Mini don't get me stared on MW, I'd change her too but you gotta choose your battles lol.
Sorry the physio made you sore. I don't get the "pain free gap" thing coz some days are worse than others :confused:
Seeing my ticker counting down how many DAYS (rather than weeks or months) makes things a bit easier but thanks for pointing out I'm 3/4 the way there, I'd never thought of it like that :D

Back